- Sawyer在澳大利亚酒吧遇见Jack的爸爸Christian Shephard。 Template:Crossref
- 和Sawyer去宾馆房间的Mary Jo也是电视上播送的Hurley中奖那期的乐透抽奖节目的主持人。Template:Crossref
- Ken Halperin，Hurley的理财顾问，说他现在在Tustin拥有一家盒子公司，可能正是Locke工作的那家，因为Hurley在调查旅客名单时，Locke说他住在Tustin。Template:Crossref
- Sarah遭遇车祸时，她撞倒了Adam Rutherford，正是Shannon的爸爸（Boone的继父）。Jack拯救了Sarah，结果却带来了Adam Rutherford的死亡。 Template:Crossref
- Jack在2001年在一个体育馆里座位区上下跑步时，碰见了Desmond。 Template:Crossref
- Hurley在Mr. Cluck's那家店的的经理Randy也是Locke在Tustin的盒子公司经理（Locke还活着时）。Template:Crossref
- Hurley在CD店评论曲轴乐队的歌。 Template:Crossref
- 当Kate在Sam Austen的办公室时Sayid正在电视上。 Template:Crossref
- Sawyer在Kate的妈妈Diane作为服务生工作的店遇见了Gordy。 Template:Crossref
- Mr.Cluck炸鸡店和Widmore实验室都是Henry Gale的热气球赞助商。Template:Crossref
- Sayid遇到的军官Sam Austen是Kate的父亲,他带着一张Kate的小照片。Template:Crossref
- Locke检查的一个房子是Sayid没有得到的爱人Nadia曾经计划买的。 Template:Crossref
- Hurley, Locke的母亲(Emily Annabeth Locke), 和Libby都进过Santa Rosa 心理健康医院. Template:Crossref
- Ana Lucia和Jack'的父亲Christian Shephard一起来到澳大利亚旅行. Template:Crossref
- Christian Shephard在一个酒吧前开车门的时候碰到了Sawyer，之后他们在这个酒吧里一块喝酒。 Template:Crossref
- Richard Malkin是一个通灵的人，Claire曾经拜访过他几次，他强迫她乘坐了815航班. 后来Eko去拜访Malkin的女儿 Charlotte，Malkin告诉他自己的女儿的复活是假的，就像他自己通灵的能力一样。 Template:Crossref
- Libby在一个咖啡馆遇到了Desmond并送给他一艘赛艇。 Template:Crossref
- Kelvin Inman同时出现在Sayid和Sam Austen在海湾战争时期的情节里。之后他在天鹅站训练[Desmond]]关于按钮的操作。Template:Crossref
- Rose和Bernard在澳大利亚旅行的时候有一辆租来的车。他们的车牌和Sayid在“The Greater Good”一集中那辆卡车上的车牌是同一块。 Template:Crossref
- Charlie和Hurley发现一个十分不出名的小乐队名叫Geronimo Jackson，他们谁都没听说过，Locke后来看见Eddie Colburn穿着同样专辑封面图案的T恤。他说这是他父亲的。Template:Crossref
- Juliet的姐姐用的验孕剂牌子是与Kate和Sun用的相同。 Template:Crossref
- Juliet的前夫被一辆正在宣传阿波罗糖果的公交车撞到。Kate在舱里的食品室吃了一些阿波罗糖，这种糖果还在Desmond观看的的足球比赛上做广告。Template:Crossref, Template:Crossref, Template:Crossref
- Desmond看见Charlie在伦敦街头表演。 Template:Crossref
- Charles Widmore的办公室墙上挂着一幅Claire的前男友Thomas所画的油画，尽管在几年之后Claire怀孕之时，Thomas依旧持有这幅油画。Template:Crossref
- 在Desmond观看的足球比赛上，以下几个机构和牌子都做了广告宣传：阿波罗糖果， Hanso机构，大西洋航空，Gannon的汽车租凭，Cluck先生的鸡肉快餐和《暴露》电视连续剧。 Template:Crossref
- Claire和Jack是同父异母姐弟。 Template:Crossref
- Locke，他的父亲，和Sawyer死于同一个岛上。 Template:Crossref
- Locke和Hurley看得《暴露》电视剧里，Nikki作为节目嘉宾上了舞台。 Template:Crossref
- Kate碰见了Cassidy，Sawyer的前恋人。 Template:Crossref
- Emily (Ben的妈妈)在波特兰外生下了Ben，Juliet也获知错误信息Mittelos生物科学就“在波特兰外”。 Template:Crossref
- Locke和Ben的妈妈名字都叫“Emily”。 Template:Crossref
- 在离开岛屿之后，Hurley在洛杉矶街头被警察追逐着，被监禁后，Ana Lucia的前搭档Mike Walton对他进行了审问。Mike事实上询问了Hurley是否则机场或在飞机上见过她，而他否认了。坠毁之后Matthew Abaddon来看了Hurley，他后来透露出是他在他们上岛前雇用了Naomi，Miles，Charlotte，Daniel和Frank。Template:Crossref Template:Crossref
- 当Locke出生时当时5岁的Richard Alpert在同家医院并且看见了他。Template:Crossref
- Matthew Abaddon去查看了呆在恢复中心的Locke.Template:Crossref
- 乐队像Drive Shaft和Geronimo Jackson都包括了。
|Desmond||Eko||Hurley||Jack||Jin & Sun||Kate||Libby||Locke||Michael
|Desmond||Eko||Hurley||Jack||Jin & Sun||Kate||Libby||Locke||Michael
- 飞机上Charlie跑着经过了Jack, Rose, Boone和Shannon的旁边。Template:Crossref
- Jin在排队等候的时候站在Jack后边。 Template:Crossref
- 上大洋815航班之前，Jack和Ana Lucia在機場內的一間酒吧相遇。Template:Crossref
- 机场里Sayid请求Shannon帮他看一会包。 Template:Crossref
- 飞机起飞前，Michael和Walt在旅馆里起了冲突，这吵醒了Steve。 Template:Crossref
- Jack在请求工作人员让他将他父亲的棺材带上飞机时，Ana Lucia排在他和Jin的后面。Template:Crossref
- Libby在机场裡打断了Eko和Charlotte Malkin的谈话。Template:Crossref
Six Degrees to Kevin Bacon
The Game Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon is based on a similar idea, that every working actor can be connected to Kevin Bacon to within six degrees, by the other actors they've appeared in film with. Although unrelated to the character connections, it's interesting to note that every one of the cast members of Lost can be connected to Kevin Bacon by either 2 or 3 degrees, although none of them have worked with him directly, as yet.
Like the past and present connections between the castaways as well as other Island inhabitants and flashback characters, many of the people who create the stories and characters of Lost have also worked on other projects together in the past. Also, many of these people have also worked on some of the same projects, though they might not have appeared together or interacted in these projects, similar to how the lives of the castaways have sometimes nearly touched or indirectly influenced each other. Perhaps in some cases, the Lost producers did this knowingly or as Easter eggs, paralleling the interconnectedness of the storytellers and their ties to pop culture to the story itself. Many of these projects share themes, genres, references, actors, writers, producers, and directors with Lost. It's interesting to note how some of these connections parallel things on the show and also reflect the meta-narrative and post-modern qualities of it.
- Many of the actors on Lost have appeared together in other television shows and movies. Sometimes their characters have interacted with each other, sometimes they appeared in the same episodes or films, other times they have appeared at different times in a show's run and sometimes they are characters whose storylines are related but who may not have interacted. Some shows (like most procedurals) often have characters that only appear for that show's mystery of the week, and many of the Losties have popped up on these shows. In Lost's case, some flashback of the week characters have strong connections to certain Lost characters, and have also appeared and are currently appearing together in other shows and films with other Lost actors. To a second degree, there are many actors who have appeared in different projects with many of the actors who have appeared on Lost, though they themselves have not appeared on the show (yet).
- Many of the producers and writers on the show have also worked together in the past, and usually on many of the shows featuring Lost actors. Many of them have since gone on to other projects, most of which also have connections to Lost.
Many actors on the show have connections to some of the other actors in projects outside of Lost. Sometimes, their characters interacted directly with each other, though most hadn't appeared together before Lost started. There are also instances where their characters were in the same movie, series, or episode but did not share any scenes together. Some of these times there are indirect connections between the characters of those shows. In a way, it shows that people who play the characters on Lost have lives that are as connected to each other as their fictional alter egos, and may reflect an intent on the part of the show's creators to make these existing connections also tell the story. This is not to say that these connections are all the producers look at when casting, but the sheer number of them suggest that the producers of Lost are splicing in bits and pieces and ideas of other television and film works into its story, much as it has the numerous literary references, and some of the actors as well as the characters they play and the projects they are in closely parallel and inform the story of the show.
Also, it shows that people in real-life (the actors) have the same kinds of connections to each other that the characters in the story do (granted, they do all work in the Entertainment industry, but there are a handful of projects that seem to have an extremely high number of Losties). It also shows that the fictional characters an actor has interpreted may inform their story and character somehow, and that sometimes the relationships of characters that are paralleled, contrasted, or repeated in Lost lends new insight into them and the plot or offers up more evidence of the interrelatedness between Lost, pop culture, and real people. In this way, Lost takes on the nature of a meta-narrative, and blurs the line between the story, the storytellers, and the audience even more.
- Harold Perrineau and Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje played Augustus Hill (40 episodes) and Simon Adebisi (27 epsiodes) respectively as regulars on HBO's prison drama. They shared many scenes together and both appeared in almost every single episode until their characters' deaths. Augustus Hill was also the narrator of OZ. It is interesting to note that Eko first appears after the Raft survivors come aground and is with Michael (even going off to look for him) until the Tailies reunite with the other castaways.
- Zeljko Ivanek (Edmund Burke) was recurring in 25 episodes playing Governor James Devlin, a corrupt and sneaky politician. His storylines intersected with both Adebisi's and Augustus Hill's. Edmund Burke shares this sleaziness and wanting to take credit for others' successes with Governor Devlin (OZ creator/writer/producer Tom Fontana stated that "there is the devil in Devlin"). Ivanek has guest starred on many shows that have also featured Lost actors.
- Augustus is in a wheelchair, like Locke before the crash, after being thrown off a building for killing a police officer. He is also a recovering drug addict, like Charlie.
- Adebisi is similar to Mr. Eko in that they were African gangsters involved in the drug trade. In a way, Adebisi could be Eko if he had never become a priest.
- One of the main characters and the on-and-off leader of the Muslims is named Kareem Said (pronounced exactly like "Sayid").
- We see how the many characters came to OZ through flashbacks of the crime they were convicted for. These flashbacks sometimes appear a long time after we have been introduced to a character.
- There are many "tribes" in the prison, usually based on ethnic background or religious beliefs, whose leaders often change. These men manipulate and ally themselves with others, though the allegiances and leaders tend to change constantly. This is similar to what has happened to Ben and the Others in Season 3, and has been happening to the castaways since Jack returned.
- Many characters con each other to get what they want or to get someone else to do what they want.
- "Oz" is a nickname for Australia.
- "Oz", short for Oswald State Correctional Facility and later Oswald State Penitentiary, is also a refrence to "The Wizard of Oz", also alluded to on Lost. The experimental wing where most of the stories take place is refered to as "Emerald City".
- Shares the themes of imprisonment, cons and deceptions, isolation, psychology, good and bad people, black and white, faith, revenge, coincidences, rivalries, secrets, fate and free will, parent issues, and character connections with Lost.
- Daniel Dae Kim, Henry Ian Cusick and Zeljko Ivanek have all played minor roles in 24, though they were all in different seasons (the 2nd/3rd, 5th, and 1st respectively).
- Lost Connections
- Regularly spoken phrases
- .xls file to upload Map of LOST Characters Connections
- .pdf file of Lost Connections Flow Chart at larger size
- ABC.com's Lost Connections