|Main Article||Theories about
|Theories may be removed if ...|
See the Lostpedia theory policy for more details.
- It can be assumed that the walkies are UHF because of their short antennas, UHF signals can travel through concrete much better than VHF signals.
- Maybe the Island and its powers/electromagnatic powers/healing powers can somehow extend the signal of it
- It might happen that the radios won't make the distance between Jack and Kate, so Ben will die.
- However, this is just to small detail, the producers just use the radios as a comm link, and presumes that the radios will make any distance (in matter of the Islands).
- On the other hand, Sayid would be able to estimate the speaking distance of the radios, so the producers may be paying attention even to such small thing.
- The walkie looks new compared to the other technology within The Hydra, just as the washing machine was much newer than the other equipment in The Swan. Perhaps The Others continue to get DHARMA Supply Drops as well?
- Even if the Others are using a repeater station at Hydra to boost the range of the walkies, the range should not be sufficient to create a communications net that would reach the Barracks, so the two areas may be radio isolated. However, a repeater network associated with the main broadcast station at the as-yet undiscovered radio tower could conceivably cover the Island, providing an explanation for the extremely well-choreographed actions of the far-flung Others.
- Ben left the walkie in the Pearl on purpose, knowing that Paulo was in the bathroom.