- 1 Editing Talk pages
- 2 Setting up your signature and autosig
- 3 Re: Edom
- 4 Re: Energizer Bunny...
- 5 hey
- 6 RE:Promo Material
- 7 Artz vs. Arzt
- 8 Re: Station rewrites
- 9 Re: Centric tallies
- 10 Centric
- 11 Re: Hydra Island
- 12 Simpsons-Losties
- 13 Re:look
- 14 RE: your comment
- 15 Re:Removing work without rationale
- 16 Re: Orhan
- 17 Cast and Crew Crossovers
- 18 Deletings by cast and crew crossovers
- 19 Cast and crew crossovers
- 20 Christmas Card
- 21 Jacob page
- 22 Gibberish
- 23 Caprica
- 24 Rules
- 25 RE:Rules regarding appearence counts in Infoboxes
- 26 Hi there, Mr. Mike
Editing Talk pages
FYI, it is against Lostpedia policy to delete anything from any talk page. I know that kinda stinks as it is your talk page, but that is policy. You can check it out here. - 15:07, 7 July 2009 (UTC)
- No worries, the best thing you can do to mark out your thoughts you disagree with, or a banned user is to "strike it out"
like this.The wiki markup looks <s>like this.</s>. You may have already known that as you seem to have some wiki markup knowledge using the markup. A good place to test your sig and other things that you want to write is your User page(looks like you already figured that out). Good luck and happy editing. - 16:20, 7 July 2009 (UTC)
Setting up your signature and autosig
Great job creating your own signature. You should put it into an autosig so that all of the wiki text doesn't show up everytime you sign a talk page or use your sig anywhere else. You can find all the info on how to do this at Help:Sig. Good luck. - 15:07, 7 July 2009 (UTC)
To be honest, I have no idea where the name came from. Which is part of the reason it requires a source. We've already had some issues with people adding their own nicknames which hadn't been mentioned anywhere, so we've agreed that anything requires a notable source to be added. But yeah, Edom sorta came out of left field. 22:49, 7 July 2009 (UTC)
Re: Energizer Bunny...
I wish there was more we could do. That really is up to the sysops, as other users like you and myself don't have the power to ban someone when we see the vandalism. The sysops are doing all they can, as they are even blocking the IP address from the computer's that are being used. Apparently they are just using different computers. I don't understand why someone would go to so much trouble to have their vandalism reverted within minutes usually. There are only a few user's who even notice it. The best thing you can do is when you notice that it is happening, just leave the sysop's a message on their talk page and let them ban the user and revert the edits. At 1st, I started reverting the edits, but quickly realized that it is pointless as it bogs down the server, and the sysop can revert much easier as they have a "rollback" setting that allows them to revert them all at once. I just leave a few of them a message and let them do the rest. Great job on all your contributions. - 16:43, 16 July 2009 (UTC)
Maybe, but LP tries very hard to be fan friendly and wouldn't want a program to accidentally ban someone who was a real user by mistake. It used to bother me to, but now I just kinda laugh at how sorry their lives must be to try to vandalize the site, knowing that 90% of the users will never even know it as it gets reverted so quick. Sad really! - 17:03, 16 July 2009 (UTC)
my vacation was fine though I don't know for sure about the interview as I haven;t heard from Michelle since I sent her the questions. I'll let you know the second she writes back. --Orhan94 09:04, 18 July 2009 (UTC)
There is currently a lot of debate going on at Lostpedia talk:Spoiler Policy about titles and officially released material. This is an attempt to settle the debate. After a time of feedback, I'm going to try and make it the official spoiler policy. Thank you for the compliments! 18:28, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- If there's a vote on it, you can vote in favor. Otherwise just tell other people about it and have them weigh in. 18:55, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
Artz vs. Arzt
I noticed it too when I watched the video. It kind of made me laugh because I remembered Arzt and Hurley's conversation about Arzt's (Artz's) name. Also what do you think that the significance of Kate's Most Wanted video was? My theory is that it is referring to an event prior to the actual death of Wayne Janseen. --Orhan94 22:41, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
- Well Janseen was presented as a bad guy in Kate's life. Maybe he is the Nemesis. LoL
- I also had a wild idea that the Jughead explosion changed so much it stopped the meteor from falling (hence Hurley's commercial), changes Kate's method of killing (hence the AMW show) and prevented the crash of Oceanic Flight 815 (hence their safety commercial). Though not true and weird it was easiest way to explain the videos at the ComicCon. --Orhan94 23:06, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
- Hahaha, Jugliet... a nice addition to Lost's love rhombus. --Orhan94 23:20, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
- If you have any other theories or interesting trivia such as Artz (Arzt) I would love to hear it :). --Orhan94 23:20, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
- After thinking it over, you/we might be on to something. I'll try and think of the other characters' destinies and I'll create a user sub-page featuring that theory. Your help would be more than welcomed. --Orhan94 22:31, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
Re: Station rewrites
Hey, no worries. Better safe than sorry, right? If you see something else that bothers you, don't hesitate to bring it up on the talk pages or contact the user who was making the changes. Typically they'll have a reason for doing what they did. Cheers and happy editing. :) 23:02, 1 August 2009 (UTC)
Re: Centric tallies
About what centric episodes are, centric is the term used to indicate the character to whom the episode is dedicated. Episodes "Pilot, Part 1" through "There's No Place Like Home, Part 2" made listing centric characters easy, whoever had a flash/most flashes (characters such as Karl, Juliet and Libby had a flashback in episodes not centric to Charlie, Jack and Hurley, respectively as these three had the most flashback in those episodes) in the episode was a centric. Now, after "Because You Left" and "The Lie" aired things got a little messy, people started presuming centricities based on screen time, close-ups, single opening flashback/flash-forward, etc. So the term centric episode was created, "The Lie" is Hurley-centric based on Hurley's POV in the opening flashback, "This Place Is Death" is Sun/Jin-centric based on their screen time and close-ups during shifts from on-Island storyline to off-Island storyline, "316" is Jack-centric based on the opening flash-forward and "The Incident, Part 1" is Jacob-centric based on the opening flashback and screen time. Basically, centric episode is an episode which centers on a character without having that characters' flashback/flash-forward. About what you noticed, basically only "Because You Left", "This Place Is Death", "Namaste" and "Follow the Leader" are episodes without flashes (even though I personally believe that "This Place Is Death" opened with Sun's flashback and "Namaste" with Lapidus' flashback), though many people consider "The Lie", "Jughead", "The Little Prince" and "316" centric episodes as well as they only have one opening flashback/flash-forward. --Orhan94 23:57, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
Re: Hydra Island
It looks good to me. There's only one suggestion I would make. According to the manual of style (LP:MoS), non-episode articles should have event summaries written in past tense (ie: "Jack, Kate and Sawyer were taken prisonner", rather than "are taken prisonner"). I don't necessarily agree with it, but for consistency across the wiki, it would probably be best to keep the tenses the same. Of course, the trivia section should be in present tense, it's just the events which need changing. Other than that, yeah, looks good. However, if you want to make sure there's nothing missing, you can post a message on the talk page asking what others thing. Cheers, and happy editing. :) 19:40, 16 August 2009 (UTC)
Hey MrMike, I was wondering, where did you find the designs of the characters a la the Simpsons that you put on your subpage? They're amazing! Thanks,12:18, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
- Hey Mike, great stuff. I love Lost and I love the Simpsons, and I really enjoyed the pics. Thanks. If you find other interesting links about Lost related stuff, don't hesitate to post them on my talk page.--Orhan94 14:43, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks for the links! I have a couple of ideas for Lost-related banners. And thanks, this contest is amazing. You should check it out. 21:31, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
I'm great thanks for asking, and thanks for the link I love to see Lost items being incorporated in other shows. I didn't watch FlashForward's premiere yet though when I do I'll be sure to watch out for this Easter Egg. --Orhan94 16:29, September 25, 2009 (UTC)
RE: your comment
That happens all too often around here, unfortunately. It gets really frustrating. Oh well! All you can really do is try to lead by example, but it seems like a losing battle on a wiki. :-) Thanks for your kudos regarding the Richard Alpert theory page... that page was a BEAST to clean up, but it turned out much better in the end! Keep in touch, man... let me know if you need any help with anything. -- 16:59, October 7, 2009 (UTC)
Re:Removing work without rationale
- They put their reasoning on their own user talk page. --Blueeagleislander 02:39, October 10, 2009 (UTC)
Sorry, man. I don't really know anything about that. A lot of users (myself included, to a point) take a break from the wiki during the off-season, so if I had to guess, I'd probably say that's what's up. If I notice his posts anywhere, I'll let you know. Cheers. 17:51, October 13, 2009 (UTC)
- Hey Mike, sorry you had to wait for my response. Like Jimbo said I'm taking a break and didn't realize you wrote to me until now.
- About the question, I think the sole reason people think that Ajira Flight 316 took place in 2007 is their attempt to make sense to the chronology of Jacob death in 2007 and Hurley's and Jacob's meeting in 2007/2008. As these are the only years we have to base the Ajira chronology two major theories have been made:
- Jacob met Hurley in 2007, the plane crashed without time traveling in 2007 and Jacob died in 2007 few days after his meeting with Hurley (supported by the users you mentioned)
- Jacob met Hurley in 2008, the plane crashed while time traveling from 2008 to 2007 and Jacob died in 2007, prior to him meeting Hurley in the natural timeline, though most likely after meeting Hurley in his personal timeline (supported by Lostpedia's article, you and others)
- As the second theory is less likely based on what we know at of Season 5, people are often trying to adjust the dates of the 2005-2008 off-island timeline to fit the first one, one of those dates being the day Ajira Flight 316 took place. I personally think that it did take place in 2008 as its article on Lostpedia states. --Orhan94 22:42, October 13, 2009 (UTC)
Cast and Crew Crossovers
Could you put the picture from Criminal Minds? Thanks!--Station7 16:09, October 19, 2009 (UTC)
Could you also put a picture from Numb3rs on this page. My computer is not the best in uploading.--Station7 17:10, October 19, 2009 (UTC)
Could you put serie Timecop (1997) by tv-series? David Grossman directed 1 episode and Nick Jameson(Richard Malkin) played Heinrich in 1997.--Station7 17:27, October 19, 2009 (UTC)
I have lookec on IMDB, I really saw it. Look good :)--Station7 17:48, October 19, 2009 (UTC)
The episode = Love Letters.--Station7 17:49, October 19, 2009 (UTC)
Stephen Williams, the first one on IMDB. I have the page, here with me.--Station7 17:54, October 19, 2009 (UTC)
I mean the epsiode from FlashForward is called LoveLetters, this is directed by Stephen Williams on IMDB, first one.--Station7 17:57, October 19, 2009 (UTC)
You are totally right, I'm sorry.--Station7 18:02, October 19, 2009 (UTC)
If have sometimes edit on the talk page from Cast and Crew Crossovers. Nobody gave a reaction.--Station7 18:43, October 19, 2009 (UTC)
I thought about the serie Las vegas. I found this: David S. Lee played Jason(2004), marsha Thompson played Nessa Holt(2003-2005), John Terry played Larry Mccoy(2003-2004), Elizabeth Castro, visual effects producer, 17 episodes. I found this on IMDB. --Station7 19:00, October 19, 2009 (UTC)
Ron Yates worked on lOST, also he is the art director of 2 episodes of FlashForward.--Station7 19:11, October 19, 2009 (UTC)
Yes, I have a lot of enthousiasm, but could Las Vegas not put in the list?--Station7 20:02, October 19, 2009 (UTC)
I'm sorry, but what has Ally mcBeal has to do with LOST?--Station7 20:15, October 19, 2009 (UTC)
Yes, but there are more things by Las Vegas (5) then Bones (4)?--Station7 20:28, October 19, 2009 (UTC)
Or All Saints has 2 or 3 people from the cast?--Station7 20:36, October 19, 2009 (UTC)
Diagnosis murder and Murder She Wrote, both with 4, so could I say a few more without directors or Producers. Or would put las Vegas in the list?--Station7 20:39, October 19, 2009 (UTC)
I have looked on the page and somebody was also talking about Las Vegas.--Station7 20:51, October 19, 2009 (UTC)
You see it to, that there are some series with two, three or four actors and not directors? I'm not wrong, am I?--Station7 21:00, October 19, 2009 (UTC)
OK, because I got really confused. Do you this today or not?--Station7 21:09, October 19, 2009 (UTC)
Deletings by cast and crew crossovers
I hope you're not angry, but I only delete Bones and All Saints.--Station7 21:09, October 27, 2009 (UTC)
Cast and crew crossovers
Well, a clean-up would be great Be Bold. Most of the movies listed feature actors who only appeared in few scenes and not having links for some of the movies makes it somewhat harder to source the actors listed. The TV section needs some work too but it is in a better shape than the movies' section. Like I said, Be Bold make the changes you believe are necessary and message so I can take a look at the article then. --Orhan94 23:55, October 19, 2009 (UTC)
- Anything that doesn't agree to the set rules on the discussion page should be removed, simple as that. --Blueeagleislander 03:18, October 20, 2009 (UTC)
I see you changed my edit to the Jacob page. I added that Jacob is in charge of the island and the others, instead of being the leader of the others. There is evidence for this in Part 2 of "The Incident" in Ben's conversation with Sun. He tells her that while being the "leader" of the others is temporary, Jacob is "in charge" of the island. --Swan4815162342 17:09, January 28, 2010 (UTC)
I noticed it, too. I think this is now something for the sys ops .... --LOST-Hunter61 20:06, January 31, 2010 (UTC)
I was judgmental. I turned the Premiere off too soon. I've now watched about 30 minutes. Great train wreck. I'm really interested in what's happening to cyber-Zoe(?). I'm hooked!--Jim in Georgia Contribs Talk 18:14, February 6, 2010 (UTC)
Regarding Phils appearance in 6x01 you need to familiarize yourself with the rules of character appearances before you make changes. For example in 5x02 Jin was shown only in reused footage from the s4 finale however he is credited as appearing, this also happens in 5x04 when claire is showngiving birth yet she was uncredited this again happens in 5x12 with Keamy who is again uncredited. I could go on and on but I think I made my point. For future refernece archived footage counts if it is shown after the "previously on LOST" clip is over. So since Phil appeared well into the episode (several minutes into the episode) his appearance counts.-- 22:03, February 7, 2010 (UTC)
- Have a look at the character appearances page and take a look at the insatnaces I brought up Claire in 5x04, keamy in 5x12 etc, etc. Are those examples not enough? Also please dont misrepresnt me when talking with a sysopIm not the only one that WANTS to make the change I simply noticed something and I simply made a change that conformed to a long standing policy (that no one has had a problem with). Also while I got you I would see the Co-pilots talk pg before refering to him as Jack Ross on the 316 survivors list. As for a list here is the key that has been used for several years over on the character appearances page under which Phils 6x01 appearance would be grey
Please use this as a key. The first color reached that applies to the character in the episode is the one used.
Character dies in this episode.
Character appears with no lines (includes appearances as a corpse).
Character is heard but not seen.
Character appears on-island (not in flashback/forward or vision etc).
Character appears off-island (not in flashback/forward or vision etc).
Character only appears in a vision, dream, or as a manifestation.
Character only appears in a flashback
Character only appears in a flashforward.
Character does not appear.
- Sorry if you took my arguments as bullying that is not what I meant for, my apologies. But if you strongly disagree with Phil's appeaance than may I suggest disscusing it on the Character Appearance talk pg. However know that it would affect Claire,Keamy, Sayid, Sun and Jins appearances as they have all been involved in the same situation previously. -- 14:49, February 8, 2010 (UTC)
RE:Rules regarding appearence counts in Infoboxes
I really don't think it should count as an appearance for Season 6. Not because he wasn't credited (there are other characters who haven't been credited in episodes, such as Pierre Chang) but because his appearance was only in an opening referenece scene. I'm sure the argument for it being an appearance would be because it technically wasn't a "previously on Lost" segment, but rather, a part of the actual episode. --03:20, February 8, 2010 (UTC)
Hi there, Mr. Mike
Nice to see you here again on Lostpedia. You're doing a good job with the editions. Namaste.
- -- 22:21, March 10, 2011 (UTC)