Hi, welcome to Lostpedia! Thanks for your edit to the Unseen character page. When you post messages to talk pages, please remember to sign your remarks by typing four tildes (~~~~) or by using the button on the edit toolbar. If you need help, please check Lostpedia:Help or reach out to a Sysop. Thanks! -- Lostpedia-Welcome (Talk) 09:07, December 16, 2011
Just want to let you know I'm loving your blog articles, especially the latest one about Desmond. Controversial for sure, but you explained it really well and opened my mind. So thank you for that. --Lost 2342 (talk) 08:42, February 24, 2013 (UTC)
- Oh wow, thank you. I really appreciate you telling me. Hope you enjoy future ones just as much. --Gregaus (talk) 08:48, February 24, 2013 (UTC)
Hello Greg, I am user Booger403, I am the one who added the TV-14-V stuff to some episodes of Lost. If you have any jobs for me to do on the wiki. Please message me. I want to help improve the wiki.--Booger403 (talk) 15:33, August 4, 2013 (UTC) Booger403
You seem to be a very important part of this wiki. I hope some day you will give me a cup of water to drink and proclaim
"Now you're like me" (Mother, Jacob, Jack)
Tail Section survivors fate
Hello Gregaus. I have a question. By the end of the series we have with the tail section survivors, who were kidnapped by the others on days 1 and 12?
Only two to five can be seen on the island, so I think the other eight are alive. My suggestion to the outside going to get them before the John Locke blew up the submarine had. Several members of others who are in the outside world (such as Jill), and the fourth season, Tom tells Michael to let some members of liking walking around the island.
- Hi - all the tail survivors were accounted for one way or the other... they were either killed, kidnapped (and ended up with the Others, ie: Cindy, Zack and Emma) or joined the the rest of the main Losties. The exceptions were Rose and Bernard who ultimately went their own way. It's all here anyway: http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Tailies Hope that helps! Also who is asking (you didn't use your signature)? Thanks :) --Gregaus (talk) 01:32, May 12, 2014 (UTC)
We do not get a concrete answer. One side died under rocket attack caused the church massacre or Widmore team by the beach, but it may be that survived.
- No we did not get a concrete answer because like a lot of things on LOST, stuff is assumed. There is no definitive answer on the specifics of this particular case, but you can rest assured that one of the ways I mentioned above is how their fate, ie most likely killed at the beach camp, or died (or perhaps survived, who knows) later when they joined the rest of the Losties when the two groups came together. Remember though that many many people died in the flaming arrow attack and then again when the US military bombs blew them up along the side of the river. More died at the Temple and with Widmore's rocket attack. It's anyone's guess EXACTLY how these people died as it was never shown as they could have been a part of any of those groups. As they are background characters, the production team didn't spend too much time advising us of their fates. Hope that helps. :) --Gregaus (talk) 02:16, May 13, 2014 (UTC)
2. The temple massacre how many people died?
Wiki Manager Introduction
My name is SilverFlight, and I'm the Fandom Wiki Manager for Lostpedia. I'll be assisting the community with needs, questions, and issues as a liaison for Fandom staff and other help. If you ever have a question or issue, please contact me on my talk page and let me know how I can help.
In addition, I'm happy to inform you that Fandom is upgrading its MediaWiki platform to accommodate MediaWiki extensions. You can read more about here on the blog post.
Hello there! As you may have heard from the announcement post, due to annual inactivity, the current admins will receive demotion. However, there will be searches for admins to replace them. And after scouring for good users to fill that role, I am excited to offer you the position of admin for this site! It is entirely your choice to accept it or not, and if you feel it is not something that interests you, that is alright. Please message me back when you get the chance.
- Hi there and thank you for the offer. I will happily accept as I've long been active on this site as you can tell by my contributions, and I'd be very proud to admin now as well. Thanks so much! --Gregaus (talk) 03:35, January 18, 2020 (UTC)
- Hi, I see you've already started to work! I just wanted to let you know a couple of things to help us get this site back on track. I notice you're from Australia; I'm in the US so we have the site pretty much covered! Also, I've been an admin at the Doctor Who wiki for several years, so I have plenty of experience with the practical duties of an admin - deleting pages, protecting pages, blocking/unblocking users, etc. For now, I'm a bit busy at work and will mostly just be checking on the site, but my first project will be to root out all the spam that has accumulated here since the last admin action. Shambala108 (talk) 05:14, January 20, 2020 (UTC)
- Hi Shambala108 - thanks for the message. Yes, I've hit the ground running because there is so much to do. A little bit about me. I've long contributed to Lostpedia (as you can see from the site scoreboard) so very happy to now take on a bigger role alongside you, but I'm also senior admin of the Fringe Wiki which was practically empty when I took over a few years ago. It wasn't (though is now) in a great place and I want to do the same with Lostpedia which looks super dated at the moment. And if you're busy, don't worry. I have it covered, so it's all good. You've seen some of the changes I've already made and more are to come. The changes really are just neatening things, cleaning up with the longer-term view of getting the standard right up. There is great content on Lostpedia so it's a matter of giving the site a bit of love. THANK YOU for taking care of the spam. I will help with that soon also. This has been a bug-bear of mine actually. The site has sooooo much of it and in the past, I've messaged all the admins, none of whom till this day have gotten back to me. I don't know why as prior to this they've been great. Either way, it's us now so thanks again. Looking forward to making this place even better! :) --Gregaus (talk) 05:54, January 20, 2020 (UTC)
Just wanted to let you know what I've been working on. I went to Special:Specialpages to clean up some things, and when I got to the broken redirects, it turns out there are thousands of them, mostly caused by users changing their names and FANDOM creating a redirect from all of their blog posts. They don't actually link to anything, so they're considered broken. I've been deleting them but it's tedious and long, so it'll take me a while. That being said, I do kind of enjoy this type of thing.
- Thank you. Hopefully, everyone else is enjoying the look and feel changes too. Still more to do but happy with the way things are shaping up. I'll keep working on making long-needed fixes as well. It's going to take some time but that's ok. --Gregaus (talk) 02:50, January 25, 2020 (UTC)
Facebook Login error
Hi there! Just a heads up, but I had to remove a faulty Facebook login code on the front page that was currently inoperative. It's nothing major, but I thought I'd let you know.
- THANK YOU - yes, I've been trying to fix that for days. Each time I removed it (or made ANY changes to the homepage), the page would break and I'd have to roll back the change. It was driving me nuts. Thanks again so much! --Gregaus (talk) 15:24, January 22, 2020 (UTC)
Re: Reason for Edits
Hi Gregaus. It's nice to have you as the new admin. I usually just edited without leaving any remarks, but I will start doing it if it helps tracing records. Thanks for letting me know. Sroczynski (talk) 11:48, February 19, 2020 (UTC)
- Thank you so much. --Gregaus (talk) 11:50, February 19, 2020 (UTC)
I have an important message about the upcoming United Community Platform (UCP). This year, FANDOM will receive a huge renovation for improvements of editor/user/visitor experience planned to allow all extensions currently available to the MediaWiki engine. And due to that, the community will be going through phases of the development. To stay up to date about these upcoming changes, the blog is available for you to reference. Additionally, please be on the lookout for UCP phase releases and keep the users informed. For any questions and others, as always, please don't hesitate to message me about them, and I will be happy to answer them for you!
- Thank you, Julia.--Gregaus (talk) 02:42, March 2, 2020 (UTC)
Help in my wiki
Hello, I'm creating my own wiki of the walking dead (https://the-walking-dead-tv-film-univers.fandom.com/wiki/Special:WikiActivity) and I need help with the crossrefrence template that this wiki has on the episode connection moments and stuff. The little brackets with links. How I can create one? Wizardoctor (talk) 19:22, March 5, 2020 (UTC)
Replying to you
So I just marked few blogs that I want for deletion, of course if you can do that. -- User:VampireFan1996
- Thanks. Deletes complete. --Gregaus (talk) 13:01, March 9, 2020 (UTC)
Hey Gregaus! I see you're doing excellent work on the wiki, and I love your progress! I wanted to stop by and ask if you plan on doing anything with the infobox templates; as they are cluttered with code, now could be the time to migrate them to the portable format and/or change their appearance. And if you do want to update them, do you plan on doing this yourself? If it is too time-consuming, I can offer my assistance in updating them per your instruction if you would like.
- Hi Julia. I have already migrated a couple but most of the others break and look terrible when migrated so I end up having to roll them back. I certainly don't mind doing them as they desperately need updating. Just not sure what to do when they break and ruin pages.--Gregaus (talk) 01:36, March 30, 2020 (UTC)
- Hi again! I'm not sure I understand what you mean they break and ruin pages; like there's a code error or the infobox itself doesn't look good? If there is, can you describe it? If it's the way they look, that may be due to the Europa design which can be disabled; I also recommend CSS modifying to give it the previous appearance. And to reiterate, I would be more than happy to take care of that, along with the infobox migrations.
- The Silver wings of Night (talk) 12:55, March 31, 2020 (UTC)
- Hello Julia. The last time I tried migrating an infobox was about 3-4 weeks ago. I tried repeatedly with several of them but when they migrated/published, they would look "broken" and a complete mess. Not all of them, just most. Some migrated properly so those are now in place. I must've tried 10 or maybe a little more. About 2 of them worked fine, the rest had to be rolled back as they were breaking pages. I felt it was some kind of back-end bug due to the inconsistency I was experiencing. HOWEVER, since your message I went back in and something has obviously changed as one of the ones I have been working on (which previously caused the most problems, "character infobox") migrated fine. But it didn't beforehand. I am guessing a site update has happened in between because not only did this one work but the changes I was making to make sure the infoboxes looked right are now working too. So with this, I will continue to migrate them now that I know at least this one stubborn one, works. Of course, any support from you would be great but I feel (at the moment), I have this covered. I'll jump back on here and ask for help if I see a repeat of that problem from before. :) THANK YOU AGAIN! --Gregaus (talk) 01:07, April 1, 2020 (UTC)
- Hi again Julia. I have an update. This is the kind of thing I'm talking about. Somehow when I tried migrating https://lostpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Template:Infobox_Crew/Draft - it broke. I tried rolling back this change but it did not work. HELP! Gregaus (talk) 11:02, April 1, 2020 (UTC)
- That does sound very strange, but good that the peculiarity was resolved. And ah-hah! I know that problem! Since all infobox migrations work in tags, one needs an opening tag and a closing tag; but if one of those is missing for any tag pair, then the format gives you a hard time. In this case, the "infobox" tag was missing its closing tag, and the "noinclude" tag was missing the opening tag. I went ahead and fixed it for you. Also little tidbit, but unfortunately, you can't put in a size parameter for the migrated infoboxes; they'll all come in a standard size. That's just something that'll be part of its structure (albeit alterable by CSS).
- Hello again Julia. OK so I am making good progress with the infoboxes BUT I am having one persistent problem: IMDB tags which worked before the upgrade. Case in point: https://lostpedia.fandom.com/wiki/William_Mapother You will see on this the number appears but not the link as it used to. I have no idea how to fix this and it's a common problem on all cast/crew IMDB links. HELP, please.
- Oh and here's another. I've been firing through these with much success but some, like this one, continue to bemuse me. I upgraded: https://lostpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Special:InfoboxBuilder/Infobox_Country but now the images don't display and I've no idea how to get into the code to fix this now that it's been migrated. Here's an example page where the images are now displaying as plain text: https://lostpedia.fandom.com/wiki/United_Kingdom --Gregaus (talk) 03:55, April 2, 2020 (UTC)
- QUICK UPDATE: ALL the migratable infoboxes have now been migrated successfully EXCEPT for the couple mentioned above. Would appreciate your help with these. The site now looks considerably better overall. VERY proud of the difference over the last couple of months. --Gregaus (talk) 11:37, April 2, 2020 (UTC)