I've seen a few varieties myself. I don't know if the format I'm using is the best, but I want to get in the habit of making episode links very clear and encouraging others to do the same. My opinion is anything is better than nothing. For example, I think episode 2x21, "?" beats simply ? as far as clarity goes. MaxVeers 02:39, 25 May 2006 (PDT)
things i'd like to see done, since you asked
...and purely since you asked! i'm just a lostpedian like yourself...
one of the first thing i got engaged in on lostpedia was trying to establish a consistent protocol for episode numbering, like you mention above. to that end i've set up a bunch of redirects like s02e12 and so on. if i see a 1x22, S1E19 or whatever, i usually change and wikify it to [[s0xeyy]], to make use of the redirects that are in place. the agreed naming convention for episodes is a matter for LostPedia:Manual of Style (proposed), which is the next thing i'm planning on hitting. making changes if needed afterwards is an easy thing to do really. kaini. 22:10, 16 June 2006 (PDT)
- Sounds good, though I do prefer the simpler y.ee short form, having the consistent linking format is important. There are an amazing number of clues 'planted' in the early episodes. I'll work on some fancier templates too, just to assuage my need to tinker. —Dmuk § 11:50, 23 June 2006 (PDT)
- i'll get back to you on that pesky naming convention problem. regarding LostPedia:Manual of Style (proposed)... you have some great ideas. that ol wiki cliché - be bold! get stuck in there and make some changes. that sort of article needs to be a collaborative effort by definition. kaini. 19:53, 23 June 2006 (PDT)
sorta realised that after i altered it. in an ideal world they would be the same page, but they're not. and at present i don't think there's a hack to get around it either... so i was wrong.
- OK, it's easy enough to go back to the category, and just redirect the longer-worded one. —Dmuk § 20:39, 23 June 2006 (PDT)
- I'll see what I can do; lotsa red there... —Dmuk § 20:39, 23 June 2006 (PDT)
- good lord, this man is on a rampage O_O
- imma eat some ramen and go to bed, personally; i'd love some more input on LostPedia:Manual of Style (proposed) - it needs a fresh perspective now. kaini. 22:14, 23 June 2006 (PDT)
- I'm gonna have some eats too, then think about the MoS a little. There are a lot of things to be done there (I'm getting a good feel for the issues around redirects and disambiguation, heh) —Dmuk § 22:20, 23 June 2006 (PDT)