Hi, welcome to Lostpedia! Thanks for your edit to the Meet Kevin Johnson page. When you post messages to talk pages, please remember to sign your remarks by typing four tildes (~~~~) or by using the button on the edit toolbar. If you need help, please check Lostpedia:Help or reach out to a Sysop. Thanks! -- Lostpedia-Welcome (Talk) 23:48, June 8, 2011
I have reverted your edits to the Man in Black article twice now, after you changed every use of the name MIB to "Barry". The video in which that name was used is non-canon, and was intended as a light hearted parody video poking fun at the fans reactions to elements within the show and, in particular, their desire to know the name of the Man in Black. At the same panel, the producors stated they will not be handing out answers to questions after the show has ended, and as such this is not an answer. Please do not change the article's names to Barry again. Thanks.--Baker1000 23:58, July 30, 2011 (UTC)
- I'm afraid I won't stop reverting your edits, because it is simply not true. The whole thing was a big joke, even Damon and Carlton arguing over showing the fans the video was staged. This isn't just popular opinion. I am not the only person who has been undoing your edits, and I won't be the only person who does it if you persist. I have asked nicely for you to stop, now please just drop it.--Baker1000 23:33, August 1, 2011 (UTC)
- He should probably be banned from the wiki; after being warned at least twice now, it seems he's only doing it for trolling reasons.--Ghiacciato 23:37, August 1, 2011 (UTC)
- Me? I'm the guy who likes to keep this place as accurate as it can be, and by adding the name Barry to the article you are making it inaccurate. There are many more who will agree with me.--Baker1000 23:42, August 1, 2011 (UTC)
- Your edits in the Man in Black article are inappropriate for the exact reasons Baker1000 has indicated above. I also have been taking the time to revert these inappropriate edits. Baker has been with Lostpedia since January 2007 contributing thousands of edits. You have been here since June 2011 with 26 edits. Please listen to those who are familiar with Lostpedia's policies. We're trying to be nice to you as a new user. However, if you persist, you will be reported and subject yourself to a potential ban from Lostpedia. --Just Sayin' JSTalk LBC LBCTalk eMail 23:49, August 1, 2011 (UTC)
- Please don't remove the documentation of the 2011 Comic Con with a parody of MiB's name as Barry. Unlike the situation referenced above, this section of the article is documenting nicknames given MiB by the fan community, characters, actors and staff. It's an accurate documentation in the appropriate section of the article. If you have any questions about this, please ask. You've removed it twice and twice I have reversed your edit. If you persist, I will take the next step referenced above regarding inappropriate edits. Trying to be nice here, as I know you are new to the site. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks --Just Sayin' JSTalk LBC LBCTalk eMail 22:58, August 2, 2011 (UTC)
- Nothing to add to this except to say Just Sayin' is right. It is appropriate in the section in which it is listed, and if you continue to ignore requests to stop then futher action will be taken.--Baker1000 23:10, August 2, 2011 (UTC)
In response to your message on Just Sayin's page, no that's not the case. Barry is non-canon, and it is listed in a section of fan-made names which are non-canon.--Baker1000 23:27, August 2, 2011 (UTC)
Here's the difference...
First of all, the name Barry is non-canon. This name was revealed as a joke as indicated by Baker1000 above. It was never intended to be taken seriously. The name Barry was never actually indicated for MiB in any of the six seasons of Lost. Therefore, it's inappropriate to change his name to Barry within the body of the article.
Secondly, our job as editors is to document in the encyclopedia of Lostpedia what actually happens related to the TV series of Lost. It's a fact, that at the 2011 Comic Con the producers of Lost released a parody video with MiB's name revealed as Barry as joke, and poking fun at the fans. Therefore, documenting the actual video parody of the name in the MiB article section Names is appropriately done.
Hope that helps in clarifying the difference. It has nothing to do with being a new or old user/editor at Lostpedia. It has nothing to do with you or me. It has everything to do with the difference I've indicated above. Any other questions, let me know. Thanks...--Just Sayin' JSTalk LBC LBCTalk eMail 23:51, August 2, 2011 (UTC)
- This. And again, it has nothing to do with being new. We were all new once. We've all had edits which were deleted, but always with good reason. We have given you a full explanation as to why your edits were reverted.--Baker1000 12:09, August 3, 2011 (UTC)
Welcome to Lostpedia!
Hey there, Carore. When you post messages to talk pages, please remember to sign your remarks by typing four tildes (~~~~) or by using the button on the edit toolbar. Thanks and happy editing! - 01:36, August 3, 2011 (UTC)