| CaptainInsano's Talk
I'll keep an eye out - I was gonna be away til I got the eps downloaded but its so slow it'll take weeks - so watched the ABC catchup. So, I shall be around to ban --Nickb123 (Talk) 12:15, 5 October 2006 (PDT)
You'll never guess who this is. --Dothedew 15:11, 5 October 2006 (PDT)
The Lost Effect
Self plugging here but I've made a new Lost blog to add to the millions already out there - its at http://www.thelosteffect.blogspot.com - I'll be posting my comments after each ep but of course also listing the best theories I get mailed from everyone else too! So, if you want, please get involved, and I'd love to hear your new theories as we progress this Season. Thanks! --Nickb123 (Talk) 13:07, 6 October 2006 (PDT)
I tryed to fix it and it won't work so sorry. --Fan99 13:18, 6 October 2006 (PDT)
You know you need to be nicer to the other users you seem to be to be very rude to them.--Fan99 13:24, 6 October 2006 (PDT)
NO now stop talking to me.--Fan99 13:29, 6 October 2006 (PDT)
Why do you care so much?--Fan99 13:31, 6 October 2006 (PDT)
I'm still trying to see how this site works and I don't know how to make a box like that so can I just use yours while I'm still trying to figure it out please.--Fan99 13:39, 6 October 2006 (PDT)
All done now stop talking to me you have been very rude to me about everything I can't stand you anymore and I don't want you to send me messages anymore got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!--Fan99 14:02, 6 October 2006 (PDT)
Hey, this is the second time this week, but please lay off the new users a little. I refer you to User talk:Guyman90 where a simple request would have sufficed, yet you provoked him into nicking your entire userpage. Just try to be nicer k? We want the site to grow and so that means we should be tolerant if someone does a small slip-up or two, not bite their heads of --Nickb123 (Talk) 03:48, 7 October 2006 (PDT)
Abusing Me! :)
Nickb123, I think I was a victim too! I am new to your site. I was writing a page this morning and before I was even done Captain Insano had nominated it for deletion! It was not spam and was exactly like some 20-50 others I saw in the directory. Pretty shocking. Anyway, since I am new here and am not looking for a fight I have deleted it and won't bother further.
- You weren't abused you were wrong. The reason we have the fan web sites page is so we don't have a page created for each web site. It is no secret that I dislike most new users (especially ones that don't know how to use the site, like you). For example you can't delete pages only sysops can, you don't create a page that is not needed, if you want to talk to user it helps if you post it on their userpage, and you don't delete stuff from other user's talk pages. Learn the ropes before you jump in.--CaptainInsano 12:04, 7 October 2006 (PDT)
Ahhhhh ok, I see. That's your schtik. Ok fine. You were wrong though. For someone purporting to be the expert you are way off base on this one. Anyway, I really don't care. I now see what everyone thinks of you. Lol :) —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Fenry (talk • contribs) .
YOU'RE A SON OF A BITCH
- ^_^ -- 00:44, 8 October 2006 (PDT)
What did I say about talking on my talk page!!!!!--Fan99 18:53, 8 October 2006 (PDT)
Could you just be nice to all of theses users?--Fan99 19:02, 8 October 2006 (PDT)
Why is it...
That every day I come online there's some argument centering on you lol. Removing "speculation" is perfectly acceptable but please be nicer to new people :-) - we seriously need to be expanding the site after recent events with ABC, and so we need new faces. Whilst I agree that obviously it takes time for new users to adapt to the encyclopaedic style of Lostpedia, we need to encourage them more, otherwise they'll go elsewhere. Please put on the formal hat for the next couple of weeks k? --Nickb123 (Talk) 11:34, 8 October 2006 (PDT)
- No I agree you've been better at not provoking people, I'm more concerned with when someone directly addresses you with a "why did you delete my content" lol. Its alright, and yes you have recently improved dramatically --Nickb123 (Talk) 15:28, 8 October 2006 (PDT)
It was not "pure speculation" that Ethan and Juliet were married or otherwise an item. Ethan was fixing her plumbing. Does Ethan double as a plumber and a doctor? Or, is that something that a boyfriend or husband might do for their girl? Also, the playful way she and the older woman mocked him while he was working. Literature is full of instances in which a leader will send the object of their affection's man into danger.
I can't prove it and time will tell, but that's why it's a theory. It's not pure speculation because I have given reasons why I believe that it may be true. "Pure speculation" would be something like "Juliet and Tom are married."
But you are right. I have no desire to waste my time adding anything only to have it removed three minutes later. If you need to be the member of some clique to edit, then just forget it. Bartmcqueary 17:24, 9 October 2006 (PDT)
- well part of me says so what? to be honest. it's an rgb value on a wiki page. now not to disregard your (major) contributions here but the majority of n00bs are ignorant to stuff when they join... perhaps they should be made aware of various things in the welcome message... but that's another argument really. look, part of the reason wikis are simultaneously awesome and shit is the fact anyone can contribute. in order to make this wiki as good as it can be, we need to encourage new editors; maybe 10% tops might become regular contributors, but the last thing we need to do is to scare em off with 'stop being a stupid mofo' type reverts/edits. we all made crap edits at first. --kaini. 19:14, 8 October 2006 (PDT)
How come you always nominate my articles for deletion, or agree with other people's nominations? I don't think you've ever written Keep on such articles of mine. --SilvaStorm
- Yeah, it's okay. I was actually having a bad day when I wrote that, so don't worry about it! --SilvaStorm
I did that to dummy.--Fan99 11:36, 16 October 2006 (PDT)
but it makes me feel special...--Ryan7891 12:25, 9 October 2006 (PDT)
thanx! :) --Ryan7891 12:27, 9 October 2006 (PDT)
Béton coulé que je vous déteste
By the way that not a real picture of me.--Fan99 14:11, 9 October 2006 (PDT)
you said that you were not dumb you really are that user guyman90 is really a girl and you told her to grow some balls yea you sound really smart--Fan99 14:09, 9 October 2006 (PDT)
- And how would you know that? --Minderbinder 14:35, 9 October 2006 (PDT)
You have never seen a picture of me--Fan99 14:05, 9 October 2006 (PDT)
Yea sitting on your butt all day must really make you tired.--Fan99 14:00, 9 October 2006 (PDT)
Do you need me to translate for you Mr.idiot--Fan99 13:52, 9 October 2006 (PDT)
And what else is he saying tell me--Fan99 13:56, 9 October 2006 (PDT)
I think its funny.--Fan99 13:57, 9 October 2006 (PDT)
Vous avez une grande tête ha ha et vous sentez le mauvais à comme un vieux poisson et le béton coulé ce qui je VOUS DÉTESTE je VOUS DÉTESTENT que je VOUS DÉTESTE je VOUS DÉTESTE je VOUS DÉTESTE je VOUS DÉTESTE je VOUS DÉTESTE je VOUS DÉTESTE je VOUS DÉTESTE je VOUS DÉTESTE je DÉTESTE LA HAINE de YOUI VOUS je VOUS DÉTESTE je VOUS DÉTESTE je VOUS DÉTESTE je VOUS DÉTESTE je DÉTESTE LA HAINE de YOUI VOUS je VOUS DÉTESTE je VOUS DÉTESTE je VOUS DÉTESTE je VOUS DÉTESTE je DÉTESTE LA HAINE de YOUI VOUS je VOUS DÉTESTE je VOUS DÉTESTE je VOUS DÉTESTE je VOUS DÉTESTE je DÉTESTE LA HAINE de YOUI VOUS je VOUS DÉTESTE je VOUS DÉTESTE je VOUS DÉTESTE je VOUS DÉTESTE je DÉTESTE YOUI DÉTESTEZ-VOUS Que Je VOUS DÉTESTE Je VOUS DÉTESTE Je VOUS DÉTESTE Je VOUS DÉTESTE Je VOUS DÉTESTE.--Guyman90 13:35, 9 October 2006 (PDT)
Que diriez-vous de vous obtenez plus futé.--Guyman90 13:44, 9 October 2006 (PDT)
Just thought you'd like to know IM FORGIVEN! YESSSSS!!!?!?!? --Ironman 19:09, 10 October 2006 (PDT)
just cant write any more parodys. --Ironman 19:13, 10 October 2006 (PDT)
So it's on...
Arguing with people
Why is it always you that ends up in flame wars and no one else? I'm serious tempted to start handing you bans unless you learn to be civil to people on this site. If you can't say anything nice, don't say it at all. I'm sick and tired of vandalism on this site because you provoke and harrass people, especially newcomers that need a helping hand. We have given you an easy ride recently when it comes to your treatment of other people, however, you seem to think the best course of action for a newcomer is not to educate, but to chastise and alienate. If you don't start curbing your enthusiasm for cursing and belittling, I'll curb your enthusiasm for Lostpedia. --02:08, 11 October 2006 (PDT)
- Captain, I appreciate your efforts efforts around here. However, I agree with plkrtn that it's time to tone down your behavior a bit. Over the last several months you have been become increasinly more abrasive. I know that you are very dedicated to Lostpedia and I hope plkrtn doesn't have to ban you, but I will support his decision 100% either way. --Admin 19:06, 11 October 2006 (PDT)
- Agreed. I appreciate your efforts totally, but:
- A reason is because people don't know the difference between speculation and theory. So when I delete their speculation, they come yelling at me; so I yell back. I am just a lot better at it than they are.
- No you aren't better than them, you just know more about it. So either move it, politely reply and ignore them, and move along. Or even better, teach them what they're doing wrong, and how to fix it. Don't shout at them and don't react.
- Another is when people point blank copy off my userpage I get pissed, I'm not going to lie. I am fine as long as they modify it.
- If you don't like sharing work on Lostpedia, including your code, then don't post it. The point of a wiki is to share and inform, and as long as they credit you for your code, you have no justification for cursing people.
- Another reason is vandalism when it is minor vandalism Nick has started to make give warnings, and I have been. Major vandalism (Lostdude815, Bob), the reason I say stuff to them is to slow them down, make it easier on you sysops
- No, what happens is they start to hit us harder because of this guy that gives them vile abuse. The reaction you give them is exactly what they are after. They get a kick out of it.
- because frankly you guys are to few in number.
- Thats an issue for admin. I don't personally think there are too few of us. I'm normally here between 4am and 10am Eastern, and 4pm till 6 - 8pm Eastern. This is because I'm in the UK. We have others all around the world, and we normally keep on top of the vandalism. However, reacting to vandals with abuse and flaming will not discourage them, it will encourage them. We are looking at alternative ways to fight vandalism here, and we are aware of blackspots that occur when none of us are around, and hopefully these alternatives will stop it... but for now... for God's sake. PLAY NICE! -- 15:48, 12 October 2006 (PDT)
Your right when I was making that vandal template I had to put lostdude815 on my list. So I did history on his talk page and he seemed that Captain Insano encourage him allot more to delete lostpedia. So Captain Insano could make another user mad and he could make another Bob or lostdude815 thats another reason I think he should get banned.--Fan99 11:26, 16 October 2006 (PDT)
I made something for you to put on your user page--Fan99 11:58, 16 October 2006 (PDT)
Do you Like it? --Fan99 12:01, 16 October 2006 (PDT)
Who cares.--Fan99 12:04, 16 October 2006 (PDT)
When you mess with me...
You are messing with the best "Chachi"--Masterblaster 14:04, 11 October 2006 (PDT)
- Okay now you pissed me off. I don't know what a Chachi is, but I'm sure I could kick its ass.--CaptainInsano 14:21, 11 October 2006 (PDT)
Fwd: Hows this look?
Alot of "Bobs"
- Something Funny: Do you remeber Guyman90? He was speaking in French, and I used dictionary.com to translate. Check it:
You have a large head ha ha and you feel the bad one with like an old fish and the run concrete what I HATE YOU I HATES YOU that I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE the HATRED of YOUI YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE the HATRED of YOUI YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE the HATRED of YOUI YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE the HATRED of YOUI YOU I YOU I HATE HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOUI HATE YOU That I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU. What you would say you obtain smarter.
-- Iron Man Send a message View contributions 20:22, 13 October 2006 (PDT)
- Hummm .... lol 3 error haha ^^ "I hated the hatred of youi" lol -- Regedit 03:45, 16 October 2006 (PDT)
Just asking, but...
I've noticed that the theory that I've added to Sun's page has been added before, and removed before. You removed it today, which, please note I'm not trying to flame or anything, but I wanted to ask/discuss why you removed it, when there's not actually evidence to dispute my (and other people's) theory in regards to Michael and Sun?
Just want to ask, I'm a newb to wiki stuff. --Unsigned comment was left by Andyswilmkinson
Signing for others
I didn't sign for someone else, Insano, i just slotted in a quick ":" before their post to make the whole 'threaded page' work better than a jumble of comments, some which are shunted across the page and some at the margin. --Andyroo316 15:08, 15 October 2006 (PDT)
- Where? :-s could you just give me a link to the version where I did it, please? (Just so I know which you are talking about)...I didn't mean to, I probably thought that I was signing for my own post (as in I hadn't the first time and went back and edited it to sign it as I did for my message above) and signed the wrong bit by accident. --Andyroo316 15:08, 15 October 2006 (PDT)
- Oh right, that one. Sorry about that - but as I said, I was just doing it so the page didn't look all over the place, and I wasn't aware that it isn't meant to be done. I didn't alter his actual message, just the position of his sig, but I won't do it again now I know it's frowned upon. --Andyroo316 16:20, 15 October 2006 (PDT)
Get in IRC!! --17:25, 15 October 2006 (PDT)
Curious as to the deletion
I posted something to the glass balllerina, presumably under one of your posts, in which i questioned a theory, and it was deleted. Could you please explain why? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Aveneer (talk • contribs) .
Thanks for the tip :)--Nomad 17:03, 18 October 2006 (PDT)
Thanks a lot. I really am very interested to know about it :) --Nomad 17:52, 18 October 2006 (PDT)
testing upon request. --13:10, 20 October 2006 (PDT)
- You are a true gentleman of politeness, etiquette, and the gentle art of persuasion. -- 13:20, 20 October 2006 (PDT)
This guy is the best!
'nuff said. --Ohmyn0 16:59, 21 October 2006 (PDT)
As requested. --16:16, 22 October 2006 (PDT)
Small question, can you tell me how can I create a link in the history page to the section I edited, so that it would appear like ( → Edited Section Name, .... ), meaning, what shall I add in the summary when saving the editing so I can link to it.
Thanks a lot :)--Nomad 12:44, 23 October 2006 (PDT)
Thanks for the prompt response :) --Nomad 12:54, 23 October 2006 (PDT)
Get better soon
Saw your note in the irc chan. Get better soon! I had that a few years ago and it really was a crappy experience. --17:42, 31 October 2006 (PST)
Workin' Out the Kinks
Well, my chracter might have some problems with his story, but i will work them out.Sincerely--Jigsaw 11:39, 3 November 2006 (PST)
Help ME PLEASE
Seems to me like you know what you're doing with the user pages and stuff, I was wondering if you could help me with my page, I'm kind of a Noob and wondering if you'd be willing to help me User:Swimmerdude157
Welcome to 6K
=x --19:53, 6 November 2006 (PST)
Disambig page conventions (BMW, Mercedes-Benz)
Hi Captain Insano, you're right that I entered the disambig section of the proposed MoS page, but it is not original to me--the conventions are Wikipedia's, and have already been through the evolutive consensus process there. Additionally, you'll see that I'm not the only person with the worry about lists being mislabled as disambiguation pages, if you look at the Talk:BMW page. That is to say, it may be "my opinion" but it's not mine alone. The purpose of a disambiguation page is to assist in disambiguation between extant articles. BMW and Mercedes-Benz are not disambiguation pages because there do not exist individual articles for each vehicle on those lists. If you disagree with the disambiguation page policy proposed on MoS, why not try discussing the issue on the talk page there? All the best, Robert K S 08:08, 7 November 2006 (PST)
- Hey, relax. We're all here for the purpose of making a better Lostpedia. If you see things differently than I do, let's get the policy settled. Go to the MoS talk page and post your arguments for why Wikipedia is all wrong on this issue. Robert K S 08:20, 7 November 2006 (PST)
- What part of MoS is it that you believe I transgress? Robert K S 08:25, 7 November 2006 (PST)
- You're right, I probably need to take a break. I trust when I come back, you'll have taken the initiative and all this policy disagreement will have been resolved by consensus. Cheers! Robert K S 08:32, 7 November 2006 (PST)
- What part of MoS is it that you believe I transgress? Robert K S 08:25, 7 November 2006 (PST)
Hi Captain, can you help me with resizing Char. Info box images? Since the new format was used for info boxes, many previously proportional images are now looking huge (check Nadia's for example), and I really don't want to re-upload an edited version of images just to fix the problem. What I need is; the right format to add the size parameter or percentage next to the Image = .....JPG line in the info box. Thanks-- 07:16, 9 November 2006 (PST)
ok, thanks anyway -- 21:42, 9 November 2006 (PST)
So, a fellow WWE fan?
You seem to get all the WWE references in other usernames, so I had to ask... :-D --Amberjet11 13:37, 9 November 2006 (PST)
Why did you replace the image here? http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Image:Rocksda.jpg
it doesn't make any sense..
see caption here: that pic is already on that page too. http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Weapons#Total_count
--Sloths 21:29, 14 November 2006 (PST)
Delete all Parody Theories
They are nothing more than focused vandalism labled Parody for legitamacy. While some might be intertaining, they offer no enhancement or factual knowledge of the show LOST. What's next, a whole "parody" page where people can post which character is gay, or which one they'd like to sleep with?--ASEO 13:50, 15 November 2006 (PST)
Well Damn. I thought you had all the power. I thought you were the man! It was even being whispered that you were...Him!--ASEO 14:09, 15 November 2006 (PST) ;-)
So maybe the whispers are true...Catch you round--ASEO 14:12, 15 November 2006 (PST)
- Contrary to Captain Insano's statement, he doesn't have that much power. Not on here anyway. We respect him, but we're willing to kick him in the butt too ;-) -- 02:55, 16 November 2006 (PST)
Ther's a user going around on wikipedia called "User:Captain Insano shows no mercy", editing articles about wrestlers. What do you think about that, because I know you are a wrestling fan. Marik7772003 21:29, 18 November 2006 (PST)
Hi - is it possible to rename Union Jack header to Union Flag?
Caps from the Cap
Hey, could you do me a big favour. There's a screencap image I want for the Born to Run article of Kate when she goes to the hospital carrying flowers. I would use LM but its annoying cause the shot only appears for like a second before it gets ruined by writer credits at the bottom of the screen. Could you possibly snap it for me, as I can't do them myself. Thank you very much, --Nickb123 (Talk) 06:50, 21 November 2006 (PST)
- Sorry no matter, I just figured it out on WinDVD - I thought Lost DVDs were protected but apparently not --Nickb123 (Talk) 06:54, 21 November 2006 (PST)
Are you seriously a sysop?
I just noticed you on Lostpedia:Administrators and I am looking at your talk page and it's full of complaints. I wasn't expecting this!!! Congrats, though.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Lost On Craphole Island (talk • contribs) .
- Considering Cap's userpage is officially the most linked to page on Lostpedia and he's made over 6000 edits - its about time he got SysOp --Nickb123 (Talk) 15:58, 24 November 2006 (PST)
- He is very deserving. He works hard, and isn't as caustic now as he has been in the past. Well done Captain -- 16:13, 24 November 2006 (PST)