I'm just posting this article here because I think it's hilarious, but I also think it will be deleted:
|Box promo shot for season one|
A mysterious box appears everywhere in LOST. The box is box-like in shape, size, color, taste and smell. It even sounds like a box. In fact, this box is such a box that box-stores across North America, Europe, and North-West Luxembourg have sold out of boxes. It may even contain something.
Boxes are highly variable receptacles. When no shape is described, a typical rectangular box may be expected. Nevertheless, a box may have a horizontal cross-section that is square, elongated, round or oval; sloped or domed top surfaces, or non-vertical sides. A box normally may be opened by raising, sliding or removing the lid, which may be hinged and/or fastened by a catch, clasp, or lock. Whatever its shape or purpose or the material of which it is fashioned, it is the direct descendant of the chest, one of the most ancient articles of domestic furniture. Its uses are innumerable, and the name, preceded by a qualifying adjective, has been given to many objects of artistic or antiquarian interest. The word 'box' is also slang for the female genitalia, due to its hollow nature.
Boxes have a prominent role in the Metal Gear Solid video-game series, where in the protagonist utilizes boxes as an espionage device to sneak past his enemies.
- May be Him.
- May be Alvar Hanso.
- May be the Original Sawyer.
- May be a DHARMA recruiter.
- May be David, Libby's husband.
- Hurley is Him.
- May be the Monster.
- There was a homicidal robot named Box in the movie Logan's Run
- There are many numerical links between LOST and boxes;
- If the three letters of box were turned into numbers, (B=2, O=15 and X=24) 2 is pretty close to 4, O would be 15 (which IS one of the numbers) and 24 is darn close to 23. Add them all up and what do you get? 41! That's almost 42!
- The sum of the numbers is 108, if you reverse this number (801) and replace the 1 with and x, you get 80X, which looks like BOX, so something is definately going on there.
Flight 815 Theories
- The box is the REAL reason that Flight 815 crashed.
- The box is actually the Flight 815 black box, and is caught in a time vortex.
- The box IS Flight 815.
- The box is the magic box, or a prototype of it.
- The island is inside the box.
- God cannot see the contents within the box because of the uniquely opaque quality of the cardboard used (the box is probably corrugated).
- The box is DHARMA Initiative Station 7 of 6.
- The box has QUARANTINE written on the inside of it.
- The box is a clue to the Island's real location - BOX is the 3 letter code for the airport in Borroloola, Australia. 
- The box is behind the concrete barrier in the Swan and responsible for the magnetic phenomena on the Island.
- The box was created by Locke during his stint at the box company.
- Will be an integral part of Season 3.
- The box is the reason Jack got his tattoos.
- The box paralyzed Locke, gave Rose cancer, and made Jin infertile.
- The box is Christian Shephard's REAL coffin.
- The box contains dogfood, for that reason it can be seen in Michael's Flashback (near Vincent) and Sun's who has a dog, too (named Popo).
- The Statue was transported to the Island in a large box.
- There are actually several boxes on the Island, each being marked as a rectangle on the Blast Door Map.
- It may be a nod to the sandbox on LOSTpedia - it's on a desert island, so the theory that it contains sand is very plausible.
- Some have claimed the BOX is just a reused prop.
- Beach box Photo from ThEmIsFiTiShErE's June 20 blog entry, entitled, "The CRAZY cube that has APPEARED!!"
- Tail section box from Thetailsection.com. Image of box from deleted scene from "The Other 48 Days" showing Melbourne Walkabout Tours logo.
This article's subject matter is parodical and non-canon in nature (but distinct from hoax and serious fanon material)
This material is generally fan-created, but occasionally from official or commercial sources.