--NotAnOther 06:25, 27 January 2009 (UTC)
"See ya in another life brotha"
How can Ben know where they are when he's a prisoner?
- Harper:"I came to deliver a message. From Ben. The two people you're looking for - Farady and Lewis - they're headed to the tempest. And if they figure out how to deploy that gas, then everyone on this island is going to die."
- Juliet: "Why don't you stop them"
- Harper: "Because Ben wants you to go"
- Juliet: "How can Ben possibly know where they are when he's a prisoner?"
- Harper: "Ben is exactly where he wants to be."
- Juliet: "How am I supposed to stop them?"
- Harper: "By pointing the gun and pulling the trigger."
Rabbits with Numbers
- Ben: "Rabit today?"
- John: "Running out of chickens"
- Ben: "This didn't have a number on it did it?"
I thought you'd be more excited
- Ben: "What are you reading?"
- Juliet: "Shepard's file. Mikhail dropped it off. He's a spinal surgeon, Ben. He has extensive experience in tumor removal"
- Ben: "Hm. how 'bout that."
- Juliet: "He can help you. I thought you'd be more excited"
- Juliet: "What happened?"
- Ben: "We don't know - there weren't any witnesses. I can only assume they found out he wasn't one of them."
- Juliet: "You knew this would happen. You sent him out here because you knew this would happen! You wanted this - you wanted him to die!"
You said I need to survive this
BEN: It's very important that you survive what's about to happen here, John. So I need you to stay close to me.
LOCKE: And why would I do that?
BEN: Because the people that are coming won't risk hurting me. You want to live? I'm your best chance.
... LOCKE: You said I need to survive this. Why?
BEN: Because there's only one person that can help us now, and that's Jacob, and we have to go to him together.
LOCKE: What makes you think I can find him? I--I don't even know where the cabin is.
BEN: I know, but Hurley does.
It's been a while
BEN: Good afternoon. I'd like a room, please.
NARJISS: Of course, sir. Is this your first time in Tunisia?
BEN: No, but it's been a while.
NARJISS: Your name?
BEN: I'm actually a preferred guest. It should be under "Dean Moriarty".
[Ben hands her a passport. She looks through the register, then up at him in a bit of shock.]
NARJISS: Certainly, Mr. Moriarty.
He changed the rules
KEAMY: Tell your daddy good-bye.
ALEX: (Sobbing) Dad... They're serious. They killed Karl and my mother.
BEN: Alex... I have this under control. Everything's gonna be okay.
... BEN: He changed the rules. ... WIDMORE: Have you come here to kill me, Benjamin?
BEN: We both know I can't do that.
WIDMORE: Then why are you here?
BEN: I'm here, Charles, because you murdered my daughter.
WIDMORE: Don't stand there, looking at me with those horrible eyes of yours and lay the blame for the death of that poor girl on me, when we both know very well I didn't murder her at all, Benjamin. You did.
BEN: No, that's not true.
WIDOMRE: Yes, Benjamin, it is. You creep into my bedroom in the dead of night--like a rat--and have the audacity to pretend that you're the victim?
WIDMORE: I know who you are, boy. What you are. I know that everything you have you took from me. So... Once again I ask you: Why are you here?
BEN: I'm here, Charles, to tell you that I'm going to kill your daughter. Penelope, is it? And once she's gone... once she's dead... then you'll understand how I feel. And you'll wish you hadn't changed the rules.
- An interesting thought... The island can never move beyond 2005, except if it is "moved" again (via frozen donkey wheel, incident, etc.). Otherwise, it will just get to 2005 and then move back to 1974. If the rule "Whatever happened happened" means what everyone thinks it means.
- Therefore, since 316 landed and Sun & Frank rowed over to the island in 2007/8, then we know it has been "moved" again. That or Whatever happened didn't really happen.