|Main Article||Theories about|
|Theories may be removed if ...|
See the Lostpedia theory policy for more details.
- The mark is an alchemical sign for sal ammoniacus (“salt of Amun”, ammonium chloride) so called because of deposits near the Temple of Jupiter Amun in Ancient Libya.
- The mark is similar to the astrological symbol used for the planet Uranus.
- The mark is used as a symbol for an extra solar planet called Ummo in some UFO theories  Ufologists believe the beings of that planet to be in contact with those on ours. See also: Who are these Ummits ?
- The mark is similar to a symbol used by the Giurisdavidic movement founded by Davide Lazzaretti in the latter 19th Century.
- The mark is similar to the Cyrillic symbol 'Ж', pronounced 'Zhe'. It is the 9th letter of the Ukrainian alphabet, which may suggest a connection to Mikhail, who was born in Kyiv.
- The mark is similar to one of the symbols for the Pisces zodiac sign.
- The mark is similar to the pattern on a basketball.
- The symbol is similar to a mark found in Discordianism, and is a symbol of Eris goddess of strife, discord, contention and political rivalry. Marking it also a good symbol for someone who has committed a crime like Juliet's.
- The mark is similar to the so-called Delphic Epsilon symbol used by the Epsilon Team - a rumoured secret society formed to promote ancient Greek culture.
- The symbol is a graph of a hyperbola on the x-y cartesian coordinate plane. The lines are mirror images that never intersect and both stretch to infinity.
Community content is available under CC BY-NC-ND unless otherwise noted.