Day 41 - Monday, 1 November 2004
- Locke and Boone set out to find the Beechcraft. Michael and Jin continue working on the raft. Jack offers to check Sawyer's headaches but is refused. Locke's legs give out and he finds Goldie's body in a tree. Kate forces Sawyer to see Jack.
- Locke tells Boone about his legs, Boone tells Locke about Theresa, they find the Beechcraft. Jack diagnoses Sawyer's hyperopia and Sayid welds halves of eyeglasses together for him. Boone climbs up to the plane, finds Yemi's body and the Virgin Mary statues, and speaks to Bernard and the other tailies via the radio just before the plane crashes to the ground.
- Ana Lucia believes Boone is one of the Others and shuts off the radio. Eko ends his 40 days of silence to comfort Ana Lucia.
- Jin's failure to score a putt on the golf course causes him to break down about the lack of communication and his unfortunate luck on the Island to a baffled Hurley and Michael. (NOTE: This date is confirmed in Issue 18 of the Official Lost Magazine)
- Locke carries Boone back to the caves then leaves.
- Boone's lung collapses as Jack promises to save him. Jin works hard on the raft despite Michael telling him to take a break. Kate returns to the beach to get alcohol from Sawyer. Jack and Sun set Boone's broken leg. Kate breaks most of the bottles when she trips and finds Claire going into labor. Jin replies to her call for help. Jack prepares for a transfusion, but is the only donor. Sayid takes Shannon on a date to a secluded beach where she tells him about Boone.
- Desmond contemplates suicide and discovers Penelope's letter inside his copy of Our Mutual Friend. He hears Locke banging on the Hatch in despair and he shines a light up the shaft to investigate. The light inspires Locke, and Desmond realises the outside world hasn't been destroyed by the system failure.
- With Jack occupied, Kate, Charlie, and Jin stay with her as she prepares to give birth. Jack fails to save Boone's life due to his crushed leg, and realizes Locke lied about the cause of Boone's injuries, so he prepares to amputate with Michael's help while Kate prepares to deliver Claire's baby. Boone tells Jack to stop trying.
- Aaron Littleton is born.
- Boone Carlyle dies.
Day 42 - Tuesday, 2 November 2004
- Shannon and Sayid mourn Boone's death. Kate finds Jack walking in circles looking for Locke. Sayid speaks of Boone's courage at Boone's funeral as Locke appears calling him a hero. Jack attacks Locke, claiming he could have saved Boone's life if Locke had told the truth, while Sayid and Sun urge him to rest. Sun and Charlie urge Claire to rest, but she is concerned for her baby.
- Locke asks Shannon's forgiveness, but Shannon asks Sayid to do something about him. Kate gives Jack sleeping pills. Sayid asks Locke to take him to the Drug smuggler's plane. Charlie has trouble keeping the baby quiet and discovers Sawyer's voice will calm him. Locke shows Sayid the heroin, tells him about the Nigerian priest, and confesses to hitting him over the head on Day 8. Sayid confiscates the gun he took from one of the priests.
- Sayid tells Shannon Boone's death was an accident. Shannon steals the key for the Halliburton case from the sleeping Jack and takes one of the guns to try to kill Locke, but Sayid stops her. Sawyer reads for the baby.
- That night, Sayid feels guilty for Shannon, confronts Locke, and demands to be taken to the Hatch.
- Ben tells Jack that George W. Bush is re-elected as President of the United States. The election occurred on November 2nd, 2004.
Day 43 - Wednesday, 3 November 2004
- Charlie believes Drive Shaft's records will have gone platinum. Arzt warns Michael that it is nearly monsoon season and the raft has to be launched as soon as possible. Kate says she's going on the raft. Jin tells Sun he's leaving on the raft. Sayid takes Jack to Locke and the Hatch. Michael considers kicking Sawyer off the raft for Kate who is burning the picture out of Joanna Miller's passport.
- Arzt confesses to Michael that he made up the monsoon season story to get them to launch the raft as soon as possible.
- Sun and Kate try to make Jin sick by poisoning his water, but Michael drinks the water and falls sick. Kate looks for Jack's help who discovers the poison. Michael blames Sawyer, Hurley and Jack suspect Kate. Charlie writes "Monster Eats the Pilot". Sawyer claims Kate framed him because she's a fugitive who wants to evade rescue by the authorities. Kate confesses she is a fugitive. Jack discovers Sun poisoned the water, but tells nobody. Sun confesses to trying to stop Jin from risking his life on the raft.
- That night, Sawyer explains himself. Walt confess he burned the first raft. Sun tells her accomplice Kate that Jack knows.
Day 44 - Thursday, 4 November 2004
- Walt watches Rousseau walk to the beach camp to warn the survivors that the Others are coming and tell of Alex. Jack gathers the camp to help Michael launch the raft. While launching, they see a pillar of black smoke. Locke, Sayid, and Jack show Hurley and Rousseau the Hatch as a possible hiding place.
- Jack organizes an expedition to the Black Rock to get dynamite to blow open the Hatch. Michael pushes Sawyer aside after accusing him of messing up the launch. Jack gives a gun to Sawyer who tells of his encounter with Jack's father. Kate asks to join the dynamite expedition and looks to say goodbye to Sawyer.
- Danielle, Jack, Arzt, Hurley, Locke, and Kate leave for the Black Rock. Sawyer brings the mast he cut. Arzt is chased by the Monster which Rousseau says is to protect the Island. Walt gives Vincent to Shannon saying he will look after her. Sayid brings Michael a radar emitter and a flare gun. Jin and Sun reconcile when she hands him a notebook with korean-to-english translations and pronunciations to help him communicate. They apologize to each other, make amends, and Jin boards the raft, telling her he must do this to save her. Charlie collects messages in a bottle to send on the raft. The raft is launched.
- Sayid tells the camp to head for the Caves, but Claire is struggling to care for Aaron and Charlie asks for a gun. Rousseau leaves the group, Jack, Kate, and Locke enter the ship and bring out a crate of dynamite, over which Arzt freaks out and blows himself up. Walt, Michael, Sawyer, and Jin watch the large Island pass by wondering why it was never discovered. Shannon brings Boone's things with her with Sayid's help. Jack and Locke start to collect more dynamite.
- Charlie creates a baby bjorn, Rousseau shows up looking for Sayid, Claire remembers scratching Rousseau. Rousseau kidnaps Aaron; Charlie and Sayid set out to bring him back. Locke and Kate draw the sticks to carry the dynamite. The rudder falls off the raft, Sawyer jumps in after it, Michael finds his gun.
- 90 minutes before sunset, the dynamite is carried back to the hatch. Shannon, Sun, and Claire discuss Fate. Sayid and Charlie run toward the pillar of smoke and rest near the Drug smuggler's plane where Charlie takes one of the Virgin Mary statues.
- At the sound of the Monster, Hurley and Kate run, Locke goes to look at it, and Jack follows Locke. The Monster nearly pulls Locke underground, but is stopped by Kate throwing dynamite at it. Jin fixes the rudder and gives the Rolex watch to Michael. Sun consoles Claire. Charlie is hit by one of Rousseau's traps, Sayid coterizes the wound with gunpowder.
- At night, Locke tells Jack that he believes they were all brought to the Island for a reason, and that Boone's death was "a sacrifice the Island demanded" as part of a test. The raft sees something on their radar. Sayid and Charlie retreive Aaron from Rousseau who heard the Others were coming for the boy who she believed was Aaron. Hurley discovers the Numbers inscribed on the the Hatch and tries to put out the fuse, but the Hatch is blown open. Aaron is returned to Claire, Shannon and Claire are happy to see Sayid and Charlie returned. Locke and Jack look down the Hatch.
- A few minutes earlier, Desmond wakes up, pushes the button, goes through his "morning" routine but is interupted by the explosion and sets mirrors to see Locke and Jack. Jack thinks it would be futile to hide the survivors down there. Charlie claims Rousseau was lying. Kate finds the quarantine marker on the door. Shannon pursues Vincent into the jungle. She sees Walt, soaking wet. He whispers something then disappears. Five hours after his encounter with the Monster (before 11:00pm), Locke answers Kate's questions by saying they're both crazy. Hurley tells Jack about the Numbers.
Day 45 - Friday, 5 November 2004
- Three hours before sunrise (about 2:30am), Jack tells the survivors they will be safe at the Caves. Locke gathers cable to climb into the Hatch and Kate follows him. Kate climbs down, a light is turned on, and she disappears.
- Sawyer pulls a drowning Michael out of the water and gives him CPR. Locke follows Kate into the Hatch and is met with Desmond's gun. Sawyer shouts for Jin, Michael blames him, and a shark hits the raft. Sawyer swims to another piece of raft and pulls the bullet out of his shoulder. Desmond takes Kate and Locke captive when he realizes they are not his replacement and gets Locke to tie Kate up and put her in the pantry.
- Jack leaves the caves for the Hatch. Claire finds the Virgin Mary statues that Charlie took. Sawyer realizes the fishing boat came from the Island and the Others were looking for Walt. Kate frees herself with the help of Locke's knife he slipped her, helps herself to an Apollo Bar and climbs into the vents. Desmond questions Locke on the outside world, the survivors, and illness, and makes him enter the Numbers into the Swan computer, 108 minutes after he woke up.
- Meanwhile, Jack climbs down the Hatch after Locke and Kate. He sees the Swan computer and Locke who is held at gunpoint by Desmond who he recognizes from 3 years earlier.
- As Sawyer makes his way to one of the raft's pontoons, Michael shoots the shark. At sunrise, Michael promises to get Walt back as they see they've moved closer to the Island.
- As Michael and Sawyer make land, Jin runs out of the woods yelling "Others" as five people with crude weapons stand over them: Eko, Ana Lucia, Libby, Cindy, and Bernard.
- Eko throws the three into the tiger pit while Michael demands to know where his boy is. Kate climbs out of the vents into the armory where she picks up a rifle with which she hits Desmond, who accidentally shoots the Swan computer 11 minutes after Jack's arrival. Kate is sent to get Sayid. Desmond tells his story, and 9 minutes later starts working on the computer. Hurley comments on things returning to normal when Kate arrives at the beach for Sayid's help.
- Eko hits Ana Lucia and dumps her into the tiger pit to find out who Sawyer, Michael and Jin are.
- Locke and Jack watch the Swan Orientation film, then Locke watches it again. Ana Lucia tells her story. With 49 minutes left, Desmond is unable to repair the computer and runs away. Jack leaves the despondent Locke alone with the smoking computer. With 24 minutes left, while looking for a breaker box, Hurley finds the pantry. Ana Lucia takes Sawyer's gun and gets Eko to pull her out. Sayid fixes the computer. Jack returns in time to give the correct numbers, but Locke makes Jack push the button. Locke and the survivors take over entering the Numbers.
Day 45 to Day 55
- Ben comes to see Juliet, reading Jack's file just given to her by Mikhail. Ben then takes Juliet to see Goodwin's body impaled upon a wooden stake. Ben reveals he knows about their affair.
Day 46 - Saturday, 6 November 2004
- Hurley falls asleep at the Swan computer and dreams of raiding the pantry, being stopped by an English-speaking Jin and the shop clerk wearing a Mr. Cluck's costume. Kate wakes him to push the button. Jin and Michael are let out by the tailies. Charlie asks Hurley about the Hatch to which he lies he doesn't know. Hurley takes Rose to the Swan station. Claire finds the message bottle. Hurley and Rose catalogue the food from the pantry. Charlie follows Locke looking for answers. Sayid tries to break through the concrete wall to no avail. After some time Sawyer is also let out and the three of them are taken to the Arrow.
- Locke tells Charlie about the button and the food. Charlie asks Hurley for peanut butter. Jack and Sayid crawl under the Swan to find away around the conrete wall. Kate takes a shower. Claire and Shannon show the bottle to Sun. Upon arriving at the Arrow, they discover only 5 tailies remain while Libby says there were 23 of them. After Locke refuses to let Hurley quit managing the food, Hurley gathers the leftover dynamite to destroy the food. Rose stops him and he decides instead to arrange a feast for the survivors. Hurley gives Charlie peanut butter to give to Claire. Sun buries the message bottle. Bernard asks about Rose who keeps an Apollo Bar for him.
Day 47 - Sunday, 7 November 2004
- Sun loses her wedding ring. The tailies gather food and water before setting off to join mid-section survivors. Jack offers to help Sun find her ring. Jin helps Ana Lucia and Bernard catch fish. Michael wants to look for fruit inland, but Libby tells him that's where "they" live, so he runs off to look for his son on his own. Jin and Eko go after him and come across a boar and Goodwin's body.
- Sun looks for her ring in her garden. Locke tells her how he is no longer frustrated. Eko finds Michael's tracks commenting that "they" don't leave tracks. Eko hears something and they hide from a group of about a dozen passing Others, one of whom is a young child carrying a teddy bear. Sun tells Kate Jin is not alright because the message bottle washed ashore.
- Sawyer slows the trip to the beach camp and Ana Lucia threatens to leave him behind. While Eko looks for the trail, Michael tells Jin to go back. Jin and Eko convince Michael to come back with them. When Sun digs up the message bottle, Kate sees Sun's ring in the sand, to which Sun is overjoyed.
- At night, Sayid shows Shannon the shelter he built for her. Michael returns to the tailies as they continue to the beach camp. When Sayid steps out, Shannon sees another vision of Walt speaking backwards, this time in her tent. Sayid believes she's dreaming. Charlie, Claire, and Aaron come to see what was happening and Charlie takes over caring for the baby.
- Sawyer collapses again. Rose hangs laundry despite Hurley suggesting the Hatch's dryer. Shannon uses Walt's clothes to get Vincent to track him like a bloodhound, but he takes her to Boone's grave. Locke shows Claire to swaddle Aaron, and she discusses her relationship with Charlie. Eko recommends cutting inland to get the injured Sawyer back sooner despite Ana Lucia. Charlie comes by to take Aaron off Claire's hands again. Ana tells Michael why they're afraid of the Others.
- When Sayid finds Shannon, she leaves him to continue looking for Walt. Locke hints to Charlie that he knows about his heroin stash. Sawyer goes unconscious, Michael and Eko make a stretcher. Sayid follows Shannon inland. As the travellers climb an embankment, Cindy vanishes without a trace and they are spooked by the whispers. Shannon and Sayid see Walt in the jungle. Shannon pursues Walt.
- Ana Lucia Cortez accidentally shoots Shannon Rutherford in her sternum from a distance of about ten feet.
- Shannon Rutherford dies almost instantly, in the arms of Sayid Jarrah.
- Sayid runs at Ana Lucia but she knocks him unconscious and forces Libby to tie him up. While filling a water bottle, Jack and Rose watch a golf ball fall into the water, shot by Hurley, Charlie, and Kate. Despite Ana, Eko carries Sawyer back towards the camp, while Libby tries to convince Ana to let Sayid go. Kate challenges Jack to a game, where he shoots into the woods. Eko meets up with Jack who brings Sawyer to the Swan. Jack cools him down, Locke and Eko meet. Ana sends Michael to collect some things for her in exchange for Sayid.
- Jack tries to give Sawyer antibiotics, but it takes Kate to get him to swallow it. Ana lets Bernard, Libby, and Jin go. Michael finds Sun and is taken to the Swan. Eko refuses to tell Jack what happened, Michael tells him, Jack prepares to go after them when Eko tells him of Ana Lucia. Ana tells Sayid about Jason, then cuts him free, offering to let him kill her.
- Kate tends to Sawyer, Michael, Jin and the tailies are reunited with the fuselage survivors. Rose and Bernard reunite after being separated for 48 days on the island. Jack meets Ana Lucia in the jungle. Sayid carries Shannon's body to the beach.
Day 49 - Tuesday, 9 November 2004
- Jin and Sun wake up together. Sayid is digging a grave for Shannon. Sawyer wakes up saying he loves Kate. Kate sees a black horse in the jungle, and stays at the Swan to watch over Sawyer letting Jack go to the funeral. Eko tries to convince Ana Lucia to go too. At Shannon's emotional funeral, Sayid gives a eulogy as her two closest friends on the Island, Sun and Claire, look on. Sawyer seems to channel Wayne Janssen asking why Kate killed him, to which she runs out. Locke and Jack return to find the alarm going and Sawyer on the floor.
- Kate asks Charlie about the horse. Locke cuts Jin's handcuffs. Michael shows Locke the blast doors, Locke shows him and Eko the Swan Orientation film Kate tells Jack the Island is driving her nuts and they have their first kiss. She also tells Sayid she's going crazy. Eko tells Locke the story of King Josiah and shows him the Bible containing the missing film splice. Hurley thinks Jack is mad at Sawyer. Kate takes over for Sun caring for Sawyer, thinking Wayne might be possessing him. Sawyer wakes up thinking they're rescued. Locke and Eko piece together the film. Kate and Sawyer see Kate's horse outside the Swan. Jack has a drink with Ana Lucia. Eko and Locke watch the completed film. Michael communicates with someone on the Swan computer, apparently with Walt.
- At night, Paulo pops some nicotene gum and is caught digging a hole by Locke who suggests he hide his secrets elsewhere. Paulo heads for the Pearl and hides the diamonds in the toilet. He overhears Ben's plan to capture Jack, Kate, and Sawyer and to make Jack perform surgery. He takes a walkie left behind by Ben or Juliet, but doesn't tell anyone about the walkie or Ben's plan.
Day 51 - Thursday, 11 November 2004
- Claire introduces herself to Eko and mentions Charlie's Virgin Mary statue, which Eko shows her is filled with heroin. Locke changes the combination on the gun vault, while Michael comes looking for a gun. Eko demands Charlie take him to where he found the statues. Claire gets mad that Charlie was hiding drugs again. Locke gives Michael shooting lessons. Knowing Charlie is lying, Eko demands to see the drug smugglers' plane. Kate gives Sawyer a haircut, Hurley is glad he's back, Michael asks Kate for her shift at the Hatch. Eko finds Goldie's body, then faces the Monster.
- Michael chats with Walt again as Jack enters to say they will get him back. Eko finds the beechcraft, cremates Yemi inside the plane, and decides to behave like a genuine priest. Sun gives Ana Lucia a fish, Hurley helps Libby make a shelter, Sawyer bugs Kate about his haircut while Jack gives him meds. Claire shuns Charlie for lying to him. Charlie adds to his stash of statues.
Day 52 - Friday, 12 November 2004
- Mikhail Bakunin turns 35.
- Michael asks Locke for a gun and knocks him unconscious. He chats on the Swan computer once more to receive directions.
- Jack wakes up to find Locke unconscious and Michael forcing him into the Swan gun vault at gun point, locks them in, and goes looking for Walt.
- Jack and Locke find they are locked in until Kate brings Sawyer to get his bandages changed. Jack, Locke, and Sawyer pursue Michael. Kate asks Hurley to go to the Swan so she can follow them. Jin overhearing Michael left starts to follow, but Sun forbids him. Locke's tracking determines Michael knows exactly where he is going. Locke asks Sawyer the origin of his nickname, Jack follows the sounds of gunshots.
- Following a due north direction, Michael comes upon Danny Pickett, holds him at gunpoint, struggles with Tom Friendly, and engages in a firefight before being captured by the Others.
- Kate, following the hunting party, is also captured by the Others.
- (Night) Locke looses track of Michael's trail and wants to return, but Jack refuses. They are interrupted by Tom. Charlie and Hurley listen to Geronimo Jackson in the Swan and discuss Libby and Claire, as Sayid walks in asking where everyone is. After revealing the rest of the Others with him, Tom orders the survivors to stay on their side of the line. Pickett brings Kate to Tom who asks them to swap their guns for her.
Day 53 - Saturday, 13 November 2004
- Jin couldn't sleep waiting for the Michael search team. Kate apologizes to Jack for following. Charlie is jealous of Locke for being close to Claire and Aaron. Jack asks Ana Lucia how long she thinks it would take to train an army.
Day 54 - Sunday, 14 November 2004
- Charlie dreams Aaron is stuck in a piano washed out to sea. Upon waking, he frantically checks on him and Claire who are with Locke. Claire asks for space. Kate helps Sawyer with his exercises while Hurley asks about Libby, and Jack and Ana Lucia walk out of the jungle together. Having another dream, Charlie takes Aaron while sleepwalking. Claire slaps him.
- Tom, Pickett, Alex, and two others take Michael to the Others' decoy village. Bea Klugh questions him about Walt and doesn't receive much for answers.
Day 55 - Monday, 15 November 2004
- Sawyer helps Hurley get to know Libby. Charlie asks Locke to put in a good word for him with Claire, insisting he isn't using drugs. Hurley recognizes Libby while they do laundry. Charlie tells Eko about his dreams, and decides that Aaron needs to be baptized, which he implores Claire to do. Jack and Ana Lucia build her a shelter while they talk about the Others encounter and Kate. Charlie goes to his heroin stash and is caught by Locke who confiscates it. Claire asks Locke about baptism.
- At night, Charlie lights a fire as a distraction and snatches Aaron to try to baptize him in the sea. Locke takes Aaron back and punches Charlie three times.
Day 56 - Tuesday, 16 November 2004
- Jack stitches Charlie's wound, making him promise it wouldn't happen again. Eko baptizes Claire and Aaron. Locke puts the heroin in the Swan's vault and changes it's combination. That night, Charlie sits alone quite unhappy.
Day 57 - Wednesday, 17 November 2004
- Jack and Locke lock the handguns from the Halliburton case in the Swan's vault. Jack takes Sawyer's pills Sawyer stole from the Hatch. Kate brings Sawyer a magazine and discuss the changes among the survivors. Hurley asks Sayid to try boosting the performance of the Tailie's radio. Ana Lucia tells Jack the survivors feel too safe to join their army. Charlie attacks Sun at her garden, Sawyer and Kate come to her rescue. Ana thinks the Others are back, but Locke says to wait before looking. Sawyer and Kate go to look and Sawyer accuses Ana, so Kate asks Jack how well he knows her. When Sun wakes up, Jin demands a gun, and Kate believes it's Ana's attempt to get the guns.
- That night, Sawyer warns Locke that the camp would be coming for the guns conning him to move them. Jack and Jin come to get the guns but only find Sawyer and an empty vault. Sawyer finds and takes possession of all the guns calling himself the "new sheriff in town." Kate demands to know why Sawyer wants everyone to hate him. While reading Bad Twin, Hurley is approached by Sayid with the radio. They listen to a broadcast from radio station WXR. Charlie says he participated in the con to make Locke look like a fool.
- On his way to the survivor's camp, presumably to take Locke, Benjamin Linus gets caught in one of Rousseau's traps.
Day 58 - Thursday, 18 November 2004
- Thinking she found an Other, Ana Lucia sees Rousseau walking through the woods and shows Sayid. Sawyer hunts for a frog that woke him up and finds Hurley eating DHARMA Ranch Composite. Rousseau shows her captive to Sayid who cuts him down. She shoots him with an arrow and hands him over to Sayid who brings him to the Swan for medical attention. Ben claims to be Henry Gale, a balloonist who crashed on the Island and lost his wife. Sawyer threatens to tell about Hurley's stash if he doesn't help.
- Jack removes the arrow while Sayid convinces Locke to change the armory combination and lock "Henry" in there with himself to interrogate him. Sayid introduces himself as a torturer and proceeds to interrogate him with his fists. Sawyer kills the frog. Locke prevents Jack from stopping the interrogation, until he has to go and enter the Numbers and witnesses the initial stages of a system failure. Sayid concludes "Henry" is "one of them." He reminds Charlie of how dangerous the Others are.
- Aaron develops a rash and fever. Locke goes to get Jack, while Rousseau convinces Claire to fear Aaron has the Sickness. Claire begins having flashes of memory. Jack thinks it's minor.
Day 59 - Friday, 19 November 2004
- Claire asks Libby to help her memory. Jack and Locke discuss what to do with "Henry." Claire starts remembering events from her kidnapping. Eko starts cutting down trees and when he goes to the Swan for a saw, he sees Ben's cot. Claire leaves Aaron with Sun and she and Kate look for Rousseau, thinking she knew where to go. Eko asks Jack to speak to the man they have in the Hatch.
- Rousseau takes them to where she found her and Claire remembers the rest. They enter the Staff doors, hoping to find medicine for Aaron. Kate finds ragged clothing and a false beard with theatrical glue. Claire finds her bootie causing her to remember Alex and the medicine. There is no medicine, but Claire remembers how Rousseau helped her.
- That evening, Eko asks for Ben's forgiveness for his two murders then cuts off his beard tassles. Claire gives Aaron the bootie and knows they are meant to be together. Ben gets in Locke's head making Locke feel inferior to Jack.
Day 60 - Saturday, 20 November 2004
- It is Rose's birthday.
- Jin forces Sun to leave her garden. Locke tells Ana Lucia about "Henry." Rose and Bernard help Sun who is not feeling well. Locke suggests about having Ana talk to Henry, which she already is doing. Sun asks Sawyer for a pregnancy test. Ana convinces Ben to draw a map that would prove his cover story. She conceals the map from Locke and Jack and shows Sayid and Charlie. Ana Lucia, Sayid, and Charlie follow the map to check Ben's story. Sun, with Kate and Jack's help, finds out that she is pregnant. At night, Sayid tells Ana he does not blame her for Shannon's death.
Day 61 - Sunday, 21 November 2004
- Ana Lucia, Charlie, and Sayid find the clearing on Ben's map but at first do not see anything. While looking for oysters to give Rose a pearl, Bernard is told by Sawyer in front of Jin that Sun is pregnant. Jin replants Sun's garden and tells her he needs her and she tells him that she is pregnant, he was sterile, and she has never been with another man. Ben starts playing mind-games with Locke and Jack.
- Locke and Jack get annoyed with Ben. After 3 hours of searching, Ana Lucia, Sayid, and Charlie find Henry Gale's balloon and a grave containing the real Henry Gale's body. Jack says Aaron's fever is gone, Libby points out Sawyer's steep prices of medical supplies. Locke hears noises from the speakers which announces a lockdown. He is cut off from the Swan computer when the blast doors come down. Jack plays poker with Sawyer, Hurley, and Kate. Locke agrees to protect Ben in return for help. Locke gets trapped under one of the doors, so Ben climbs through the ventilation system in the pantry to get to the computer. Meanwhile, Jack wins the medical supplies back from Sawyer in a poker game.
- Locke sees the blast door map. On the way back to the Hatch that night, Jack and Kate find a DHARMA periodic resupply drop. They meet the returning Ana Lucia, Charlie, Sayid who confront Ben with Henry Gale's driver's license.
Day 62 - Monday, 22 November 2004
- The survivors have been on the Island for two months.
- With Libby's help, Hurley destroys his stash, then finds out about the supply drop and the survivors ask Hurley to manage it again, which he refuses. He sees Dave in the jungle. Jack says Locke has a hairline fracture. Sayid interrogates Ben and almost shoots him for information about the Others but is stopped by Ana Lucia. Charlie helps Eko with his building project. While eating, Hurley sees Dave again and chases him toward Charlie and Eko. Hurley asks for medicine from Sawyer and attacks him when Sawyer makes fun of him. Hurley packs some peanut butter and leaves for the caves, which is interrupted when he drops his peanut butter and sees Dave again.
- "Dave" tries to convince Hurley that he went back into a coma state and the Island is all a delusion, and urges him to commit 'suicide' to break out of it. While Jack tells the beach camp about their hostage, Locke demands to speak to Ben who tells him he never pressed the button. Libby convinces Hurley that the Island is real, and kisses him.
- That evening, Bea tells Michael about Ben and will let he and Walt go free if he releases Ben. She gives him 3 minutes with his son. Walt tells Michael that the Others "are not who they say they are... they're pretending". Bea gives Michael another task in addition to freeing Ben, and gives him a list with Jack Shephard, Kate Austen, Hugo Reyes, and James Ford's names, telling him to bring them with him to the Others' camp. He also demands the boat.
- In the decoy village, Juliet introduces herself and tells Michael the boat is his and he can take Walt home as soon as Ben is free. She explains that she's worried about Walt because he's special and not ordinary. She's also glad that Michael is getting Walt off the Island and assures him she'll keep her end of the bargain. Furthermore, she tells him about her own deal she made with Ben regarding her sister. Michael asks Juliet why she would stay on the Island for her sister's sake, and in turn, Juliet asks Michael if he would do anything for his son.
Day 63 - Tuesday, 23 November 2004
- Rose and Bernard sort the food from the supply drop while it seems the survivors have given up on rescue. Locke frustratingly tries to sketch the blast door map from memory. Jack suggests trading Ben to the Others for Walt. Jack gathers Kate for his trip to the Line. Bernard gathers people for his idea: build a sign, which Rose believes is false hope. He is unsuccessful in recruiting Eko and Charlie.
- Bernard has trouble keeping workers for the SOS sign. Jack and Kate get caught in one of Rousseau's traps and shoot themselves down. Locke leaves the Hatch and Rose reminds him of the Island's healing powers. Kate tells Jack what she found at the Staff. Bernard gives up after Rose tells him that the Island healed her cancer and she is afraid to leave.
- That night, Locke completes his Blast door map, Eko and Charlie continue building their church, and other survivors bond with their family and friends. Waiting for the Others, Jack and Kate find Michael.
- Jack carries Michael back to the Swan.
Day 64 - Wednesday, 24 November 2004
- When Ana Lucia brings Ben food, he attacks her. Locke knocks him out. While Ana is stitching her wound, Libby tells her not to do anything stupid. Ben tells Locke he was coming for him when he was caught. Jack and Kate arrive with Michael. Ana Lucia unsuccessfuly asks Sawyer for a gun. Sayid suggests Hurley takes Libby to his picnic spot. Locke thinks the Others may have let Michael go. Ana follows Sawyer, has sex with him, and steals his gun.
- Libby catches Hurley packing for their picnic. Michael wakes up and lies about what he has seen and done. Locke, Jack, and Kate go to get guns from Sawyer. Hurley gets lost and ends up back at their beach, without blankets or drinks. Libby goes to the Swan for picnic blankets.
- Hurley goes to Rose and Bernard's tent for wine. Neil 'Frogurt' tells Hurley that he is interested in Libby.
- While Jack demands Sawyer give them the guns, Ana plans to kill Ben but cannot do it. Michael tells Ana he'll do it for her but kills her and mortally wounds Libby, shoots himself in the arm, then frees Ben.
- In a dream, Ana Lucia tells Eko he needs to help Locke, and Yemi tells him to find the 'Question mark'. While Jack, Sawyer, Locke, and Kate return to the Swan blaming each other, a wounded Michael stumbles out of the Hatch. They find Ana dead, but Libby still barely alive. Eko offers he and Locke to go after Ben. Eko makes Locke take him to the '?' on Locke's sketch of the blast door map, which leads them to the Beechcraft.
Day 65 - Thursday, 25 November 2004 (Thanksgiving Day, USA)
- Jack tells Sawyer to get the heroin from his stash and sent Kate with him to see where it is. After retreiving it from Sawyer's tent, they tell Hurley about Libby. Locke dreams he is Eko and sees Yemi climb the cliff. Following the dream, they discover the Pearl. Hurley tells Michael about he and Libby's date. The Pearl orientation video causes Locke to lose faith in entering the Numbers, but inspires Eko to take over the task.
- Hurley apologizes for forgetting the blankets, Libby says "Michael" just before she dies, but Jack misinterprets this as concern. Upset, Jack packs his supplies, Eko and Locke return, Hurley mourns over Libby, Michael considers what he has done.
- Michael burns the list, and implores that just the five of them go despite Jack's suggestions. Jack, Hurley, Sawyer, and Kate take Ana Lucia's and Libby's bodies to the beach for burial. While cleaning up the blood, Michael asks Eko about hell. Michael returns to the beach camp, insisting only those five go. Charlie brings vaccine to Claire and Aaron. Michael tells Sun that Libby and Ana Lucia "were murdered".
- Jack and Sawyer gather weapons for a mission to rescue Walt, and Sayid asks to join. Eko abandons the church and asks Charlie to help him move into the Swan to start entering the Numbers. Michael gets upset that Sayid is joining and tells him to stay. Vincent brings Charlie to Sawyer's stash with the last of the Virgin Mary statues (heroin) which he throws into the ocean. Jack invites Eko to the funeral but he declines, Sawyer tells Jack about him and Ana. Michael tries to convince Hurley to join him.
- At sunset, the survivors gather for the funeral. Locke cuts off his splint before joining them. Sayid warns Jack that Michael is leading them into a trap. During the funeral for Libby and Ana Lucia, Hurley decides to join the mission to rescue Walt. After the funeral, Sun sees a sailboat coming towards the beach.
- Jack, Sayid and Sawyer swim to the sailboat and find Desmond onboard drunk. Desmond says after sailing due west for 2.5 weeks he returned to the Island instead of Fiji as expected. Sayid devises a secret plan to evade the Others' trap using Desmond's boat. Locke tries to stop Eko entering the Numbers, but Eko throws him out of the Swan and tells him not to come back.
The fact that it is Thanksgiving Day is completely ignored by all castaways and Others, possibly because the majority of American survivors are either trekking with Eko or trying to save Libby. Nikki laments that Thanksgiving was forgotten by the survivors in "Exposé".
Day 66 - Friday, 26 November 2004
- Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sawyer and Michael leave for the Others' camp. Sawyer almost springs one of Rousseau's traps, the Hurley bird swoops down on them, Michael realizes his gun is empty. Charlie tells Locke of Desmond's arrival. Sayid, Jin and Sun leave for the Other's camp in the sailboat.
- That night, Locke tells Desmond about the Pearl and shows him the Orientation video. They decide to find out what happens when the button is not pushed. Michael thanks Jack for joining him.
- Ben has more X-rays of his spine.
Day 67 - Saturday, 27 November 2004
- Jin turns 30 years old.
- Sayid, Jin and Sun pass the Statue of Taweret. Desmond creates a lockdown forcing Eko out of reach of the Swan computer and climbs up out of the Hatch to get Charlie's help. Sawyer shoots one of two Others that were following the rescue party. Jack makes Michael admit he shot Ana Lucia and Libby to free "Henry Gale", and is leading the other four into a trap as part of a deal to get Walt back. Jack claims to have prepared a counter-plan. Jin sees the rock with a hole.
- Charlie takes Eko to the dynamite which Eko sets to blow the blast doors. Charlie tries to dissuade him, but Eko proves it's real by throwing his belt against the magnetic wall, then setting the fuse. Locke prevents Desmond from opening the doors to check on them. The sailboat reaches the decoy village finding no one, and Sayid opens the Door revealing only a rock wall. The rescue party finds the capsule dump, sees Sayid's signal miles away, hears the whispers, and is captured by the Others. Locke tells Desmond about the Pearl, shows him the log printout, and Desmond realizes the crash of Oceanic Flight 815 coincided with a system failure. The Others tie and gag Jack, Kate, Sawyer, and Hurley and lead them to Pala Ferry, where Kate points out Tom's fake beard. Ben arrives with the fishing boat.
- Locke breaks the Swan computer to prevent Desmond entering the Numbers. Desmond raises the blast doors to retreive the fail-safe key from Our Mutual Friend. The countdown timer runs down. Metallic objects fly towards the electromagnet and the Swan shakes as if hit by an earthquake. Eko awakes and Locke admits his error. Desmond activates the fail-safe. The Swan 'implodes' and the sky turns purple as seen and heard across the Island.
- Charlie returns to the beach camp. Ben gives Michael a compass bearing of 325 to "find rescue" and tells him they are "the good guys". Bea sends Hurley back to warn the rest of the survivors to stay away and Ben tells him that his friends "are coming home with us". Michael, Walt, and Hurley leave while the rest are hooded. That night Claire asks Charlie about what happened in the Swan and kisses him.
- At 3:05am GMT (7.05pm PST), Mathias and Henrik at the listening station detect an electromagnetic anomaly and inform Penelope Widmore.
Day 68 - Sunday, 28 November 2004
- Inside the Hydra station, Jack wakes up to find himself in a locked aquarium, Kate wakes up in a locker room with Tom, and Sawyer wakes up in an animal cage across from Karl Martin. Jack meets Juliet. After Kate showers, she finds a dress instead of her clothes, and Tom takes her to have breakfast with Ben. Ben cuffs her warns her the next two weeks will be quite unpleasant. Juliet brings Jack a sandwhich which he refuses and questions him, to which he mostly lies. Karl escapes and releases Sawyer, but Juliet and Tom re-capture them.
- Jack finally lets Juliet bring him food. During Jack's escape attempt, Ben seems willing to sacrifice Juliet's life as Jack opens a hatch releasing water which quickly fills the corridor. Ben saves himself while Juliet and Jack lock themselves in the observation room and she knocks him out. Sawyer figures out the food contraption and gets a fish biscuit and water. Tom puts Kate in the cage opposite Sawyer and removes her cuffs. Juliet tells Jack his life and weakens his resistance using comprehensive information about his ex-wife, and he asks if she's happy. Ben congratulates Juliet on her work which she shrugs off.
- Desmond wakes up in the jungle naked. He sees the imploded Swan station and his photo. He calls out wanting to go back and fix it.
- Locke wakes up in the jungle sees Desmond run past him, but is unable to speak. Locke communicates to Charlie that he needs to 'speak to the Island' and builds a sweat lodge. Locke mixes up and takes a hallucinogen and sees Boone in a vision. Boone tells Locke he needs to "clean up his own mess" before he can help Jack, Kate, and Sawyer. Locke goes to find Eko and discovers he was dragged off by a polar bear and tells Charlie to go back. They find the Hatch has imploded, are chased by a polar bear, and find Hurley.
- Locke enters the Polar bear cave with a torch. Desmond meets Hurley and asks him for clothes. Locke finds a toy truck and skeletons and rescues Eko from a polar bear. Desmond tells Hurley about the fail-safe key and mentions a speech made by Locke to save Jack, Kate, and Sawyer. Locke and Charlie carry Eko back while he tells about his dream. When they stop for water, Eko tells Locke he can still save them. Later, at the beach camp, Hurley hears Locke making the speech.
Day 69 - Monday, 29 November 2004
- Jin suggests they leave since it has been over a day since lighting the signal, but Sayid and Sun want to keep trying. Colleen Pickett tells Ben and Juliet that Ryan saw Sayid and the boat and is told to get a team together. Tom and Pickett take Kate and Sawyer and put them to work clearing rocks. Sayid discovers the Pala Ferry dock. Alex sneaks up to ask Kate about Karl. Sayid sets an ambush for the Others, suspecting the rest have been caught. Sawyer starts a breakout to test the Others strength, but surrenders when Juliet threatens Kate at gunpoint.
- That night, the Others approach by sea instead and steal the Elizabeth with Sun on board. Sun shoots Colleen, is shot by Tom, and falls overboard. Jin brings her to shore glad she's alright. Sawyer explains himself after he and Kate are returned to their cages while Ben watches them. Ben tells Jack his real name and that he has lived on the Island his entire life. He tells him facts of the past 69 days they spent on the Island and playing a video of the Boston Red Sox World Series victory to prove his knowledge, then offers to take him home if he co-operates.
- Michael and Walt reach "an island" where they sell the boat and hop a cargo ferry back to the States.
Day 70 to Day 75
- Michael leaves Walt with Michael's mother in New York City.
- Michael attempts suicide by driving a car into a wall.
- Michael wakes in a hospital where he sees a vision of Libby.
- Michael's mother prevents him from seeing Walt when Michael attempts to visit.
Day 70 - Tuesday, 30 November 2004
- After seeing a vision of a lightning bolt killing Charlie, Desmond fails to convince Claire to move down the beach. While Juliet visits Jack, Ben interrupts saying there is a situation. While Pickett is about to release Sawyer and Kate for work duty, Tom and others bring Colleen back on a stretcher. Sawyer executes a plan to escape on Ben which fails and he is beaten. He wakes up on a table where Jason and Matthew inject him with a large needle in the sternum which Jack hears. Desmond asks Paulo to borrow one of the golf clubs. Sawyer wakes up again to find a large bloody patch over his heart and is tricked into believing the Others have put a deadly pacemaker inside his chest. As ordered, Sawyer refuses to answer Kate's questions.
- Kate sees a chance to escape but Sawyer deters her. Juliet asks Jack to save Colleen's life, but he fails. Pickett attacks Sawyer in revenge over his wife. Kate escapes from her cage and Sawyer tells her to leave him, but instead she returns. Having seen Ben's X-rays of a spinal tumor, Jack suspects that the Others want him to save someone. Desmond constructs a lightning rod to deflect the lightning bolt he saw.