The members of this faction/group include all initial surviving Tailies + Goodwin. Items include items with the tailies prior to their kidnapping or merger with the main camp while locations include places within the Tailies's territory.Edible8 08:37, 26 July 2008 (PDT)
How many times must we go over this?
- "The Other 48 Days" is not a typical flashback episode. Therefore it makes no sense at all to have this template treating the group, collectively, as a character with flashback episodes, flashback characters, etc.
- "Tailies" is extremely unencyclopedic.
- By this logic, there should be a template for "Middlies" and the "Fronties" (or "Frontie").
Anyone agree? --Pyramidhead 22:53, 23 October 2008 (PDT)
- No, "Tailies" is a term used by cast members, crew members and fans since Season 2. Plus we have a nav box for Dharma, for Hanso, for the Others, for the freighties, for the Oceanic Six, so actually is logical to have a nav-box for the tailies.--Orhan94 08:41, 24 October 2008 (PDT)
- Disagree - This template's primary purpose is not to be consistent w/other similar templates in LP, but to genuinely serve as a navigational aid to related articles. In that light, I agree that the collective group should not be treated exactly the same as an individual (e.g. the concept of "flashback characters" in the nav is not necessary and confusing for typical navigation, esp. in the context of listing tailie characters by type). Furthermore this nav addresses one of the pervasive issues we have been trying to fix on LP, which is confusion of "grey" or fan-created content with mainline storyline content actually written by the writers. To that end, we now have navs (e.g. see here) that separate characters by: deuterocanon (e.g. novelization, video game, etc.), alternate reality game (ARG), main/guest characters, and background extras. In this manner the LP reader has some context as to the canonical relevance of each character, which is not possible in a lump grouping (the method used before). Using the F815 nav would be redundant to the main character nav. I don't have a preference for one over the other currently, but having both is unnecessarily redundant (esp for main O6 char articles that are already loaded with too many navs). One option is to combine the various survivor templates into a single omnibus template, but so that we retain the current structuring of each (minor: various types, tailie:various types, etc.) For now removing delete tag on this template. -- 02:39, 29 October 2008 (PDT)