Mittlewerk is spelt wrong, can you rename this page?
The Hanso website just changed it to "Mittelwerk" today (5/4/06). Yesterday, they were spelling it "Mittlewerk." I guess they made an error.
It's interesting that there is no one listed in any U.S., German or Austrian phonebook named Mittelwork. Why use such an obviously fake name? Especially when it's only associated with the Nazi V2 rocket plant?
Why does Mittelwerk appear to be purplish in his photo? Does anyone know about any Medical Conditions that can cause purple/bluish skin? Or maybe my monitor is just funny?
We have seen this man before. I very positive that he is the man sitting behind DeGroot and looking straight into the camera in the photo on the DeGroots page. I think this bears some investigation and pondering, no? Phoenix Frou 22:09, 23 June 2006 (PDT)Phoenix Frou
Just some interesting info I found for the name "Thomas" THOMAS
Usage: English, French, German, Dutch, Scandinavian, Biblical
Pronounced: TAHM-as (English), TOM-as (English), to-MA (French), TOM-ahs (German) [key] Greek form of the Aramaic name Te'oma which meant "twin". In the New Testament he was the apostle who doubted the resurrected Jesus. According to tradition he was martyred in India. Famous bearers of this name include philosopher and theologian Saint Thomas Aquinas, philosopher Thomas Hobbes, inventor Thomas Edison, American president Thomas Jefferson, and novelist Thomas Hardy. Rxhector 22:40, 28 May 2006 (PDT)
I was watching Star Trek: Voyager the other day...
...when I spotted something. One of the Romulan captains looked remarkably similar to our illustrious Doctor. The actor that played him is called Judson Earney Scott. I found this picture of him here posing with David Duchovny.
Look carefully now.
-- BlahDeBlahblah 20:09, 8 July 2006 (PDT)
Ok, in the Rachel Blake video we see he has a very long ponytail. Where did this go? It takes a long time to grow hair that long and I haven't seen it in any of the movies he has appeared in. Extensions maybe? Or perhaps this is another mystery to the mythos that is "Lost"--Two Coyotes 05:53, 25 July 2006 (PDT)
Towards the end of the DJ Dan podcast, was that a recording of Mittelwerk or was that himself, and was the whole buliding destroyed?
- I think he escaped. --Blue eagle islander 22:38, 24 September 2006 (PDT)
On Google Maps, if you type the numbers, 48 15 16 23 42 into the search bar it shows Wien, Austria. Possibly a link to his birthplace? --Lucy 12:35, 27 September 2006 (PDT)
- Why his birthplace? Why not anybody else's birthplace?
- --- Beeth 11:44, 15 October 2006 (PDT)
Mysterious recording, possibly Mittelwerk?
The video on YouTube here contains a recording that is claimed to have been by Mittelwerk, in the video it is just black except for a section of text, saying "The DHARMA initiative will still succeed".
More silly anagrams
Doctor Thomas Werner Mittelwerk
- CHARTERED NETWORK WORM LOST TIME
- WORKMEN WATCHED LOST TIME TERROR
- CRATERED WORKMEN THROW LOST TIME
- NORTHWARD METEOR WRECK LOST TIME
--08:00, 9 February 2007 (PST)
Mittelwerk and Mittelos
Maybe there are some correlations between Doc. Mittelwerk and the Mittelos "thing" (also: thOmaS MITTELwerk --> MITTELOS --> LOST TIME) Andreapasotti 22:46, 25 March 2007
Mittelwerk in Via Domus
Any chance this might be a hint that he may still have a part on the show itself one way or another? Like, as a partner/minion/superior/competitor for Widmore?--Nevermore 16:18, 2 March 2008 (PST)
- I'd say that there is a good chance he'll show up in the show at one point; stuff from The Lost Experience seems to be showing up in other media more and more now, with names like Paik Heavy Industries and the Hanso Foundation logo appearing on the show, and now Mittelwerk has appeared in Via Domus. Additionally, the Hanso project in Sri Lanka, about releasing some sort of agent to kill off the population, certainly has similarities to both the sarin gas subplot in Via Domus and the toxic gas release from the Tempest in "The Other Woman".--Bohrok Awakener 16:25, 7 March 2008 (PST)
Mittelwerk in canon?
Is Thomas Mittelwerk refered to within any actual episode of Lost? It does seem that he is a key figure, but if he's not in canon, then what's the point?Markopolo 10:02, 10 March 2008 (PDT)
- He's not referred to in any episodes, but he is in The Lost Experience, which is considered to be canon. And what's the point of what, exactly? This article? Because even if Mittelwerk was non-canon, he would still be part of Lost in the same way that characters from the non-canon Via Domus are... and as Lostpedia, they should still be chronicled here. --Bohrok Awakener 11:23, 10 March 2008 (PDT)