I've put down in the character profiles that this episode is a centric for Ana-Lucia, Bernard, Eko and Libby, as they are the only characters from the tail section to make it to the main camp. That agreed?
- The nine that are taken by the Others are still alive and will be found in the last episode of season 2, providing new characters for season 3.
Given that the episode itself is very specific about which days things happened, wouldn't it be apt to split the synopsis into sections by Day numbers?--Dbruce 11:33, 28 July 2006 (PDT)
The other tailies?
Did you notice the other tailies? One of them was an African-American middle-aged lady with cornrows. She was sitting on a kind of rock. On the last episode of Season 2, when The Others are covering Jack, Sawyer and Kate's heads with some sort of cloth bags; we can see the same woman. Did you recognize her? Who may she be?
I know the tailie you're on about and I'm so sad I'm off to check for myself now Lol. --Princess Dharma (banned) 13:02, 20 February 2007 (PST)
I've noticed that too. It's either one of two things:
- A tail section survivor brainwashed to serve the Others; or
- A recycled extra :) Jeff 18:19, 20 March 2007 (PDT)
- Nope, it's a different actress. The tailie you're referring to is Nancy and the extra was anoter woman, you can find her on Background cast/Others, nicknamed "Ms. Dredlocks".--Mistertrouble189 20:56, 12 April 2009 (UTC)
FFS, this is not a FB episode for every tailie
Whoever is doing it, stop adding this ep to everyone's nav templates. Until you can identify who had each separate flashback, this is a deviation from the usual format and is not to be included as anyone's centric episode. --Pyramidhead 13:54, 3 May 2008 (PDT)
- But it was 'centric' on them...even if they didnt have individual flashbacks. I believe it should be added to Ana Lucia, Eko, Libby and Bernard's nav-templates. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by LostAtSea (talk • contribs) 2010-05-22T10:44:43.
The Making of The Other 48 Days
I found this (on YouTube) and really liked it as the episode is one of my favorites. . We see extended/unseen footage of the beach chaos scene. It's cool, I'll add it to the external links section, that cool?--Mistertrouble189 20:56, 12 April 2009 (UTC)
- I don't lurk around the statistics much, so I don't know the right answer but:
There were 22 survivors. Four died because of the crash. Twelve were abducted in two seperate incidents. The remaining 6 were: Ana Lucia, Eko, Libby, Bernard, Nathan, Cindy, and the fake tailie, Goodwin. Goodwin killed Nathan, and Ana Lucia killed Goodwin. After they joined up with Michael, Sawyer and Jin, Cindy was taken. Four of them joined the Middle-section survivors.
Main image discussion
Since a discussion was asked for, then here we are. The current main image presents the five main Tailies, in the scene where they find the Arrow. While not important for the episode, it does show all of the main Tailies. The new image presents Goodwin, Ana-Lucia, Bernard and Libby, looking into the ditch where Nathan was put in. While not including Eko, I believe this image better presents the theme of the episode, which was obviously trust and survival. So, which image do you like better?00:30, 1 August 2009 (UTC)
- Old one, 100%. Not only does it show all main Tailies (which is important since the episode is about them), but I think it shows survival well. They're traveling from the beach and find the Arrow, which is where they wind up staying. I think the old image shows survival better then the new image. --Joshtopher27 01:14, 1 August 2009 (UTC)
- Old one no eko no deal. -- 04:23, 1 August 2009 (UTC)
- Old one. 06:54, 1 August 2009 (UTC)
Bloopers with flight time
Ana Lucia said two hours when Seth Noris said six, Cindy said two hours. Obviously someone is wrong, but there are various reasons that characters might be misinformed, confused or may have misspoke. In any case, a contradiction in what characters say is not necessarily an error in the show. I think the "bloopers" should be removed if there are no objections Ianvl 16:07, May 5, 2010 (UTC)
Not technically Tailies-centric
If this episode is to be considered Tailie-centric, then it needs to be so for Ana Lucia, Eko, Libby, Bernard, Cindy, Goodwin, Nathan, Zach, Emma, Donald, "Jim", "Eli", "Nancy", "Blonde guy", "Curly-haired guy", "German guy", and the rest of the the abducted and deceased Tailies. While some scenes appear to feature Ana Lucia, Eko and Bernard more prominently, unless you go over every scene and try and determine who it features, then it shouldn't really be considered a typical flashback episode.
- It's sufficient to convey the centricity of the episode. 05:21, July 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Well Ana Lucia really got the major focus out of everyone. It kinda felt more Ana centric over everyone else. But Ana, Eko, Libby, Cindy and Bernard I'd say, and the rest were too minor. Since techically they are the only ones focused throughout the whole episode. Buffyfan123 08:29, July 6, 2010 (UTC)
- It's an episode that focuses on what happened to the tail section survivors, or "Tailies". I'm happy keeping that as the centricity. 16:52, July 6, 2010 (UTC)
- I agree that the episode is Tailies-centric. However, I also think that it should be listed on the characters' individual pages as a centric (the ones that already have other centrics - Ana, Libby, Eko, & Bernard -, not every single named background extra) just like we list multi-centric episodes (i.e. Exodus) on character pages. --LeoChris 17:03, July 6, 2010 (UTC)
- I'd go for that. I want Libby to have SOMETHING, since everybody here says "Dave" isn't Libby-centric, which it bloody well is. I think it should be re-added to Ana Lucia, Eko, Libby, Bernard, and possibly Cindy...
- I agree with that on adding it to the character pages, but only for Ana, Eko, Libby and Bernard. Cindy is optional, but yes to the characters who had centrics. I still dont see why Libby doesn't have it for Dave, its still a flash from her POV. But doesn't bother me. Buffyfan123 11:23, July 12, 2010 (UTC)
Re-add it to Ana Lucia, Eko, Libby and Bernard
- If not, then at least add to Ana Lucia. She undeniably had scenes from her POV. The whole point of the episode is that it focused on ALL the main tailies, that is, Ana Lucia, Eko, Libby and Bernard. It also partially focused on Goodwin and Cindy, and one scene had a POV for Nathan. I have no authority, so I don't know if I can facilitate a vote or not, but I do ask you to consider it. TomCaruso 00:24, July 13, 2010 (UTC)TomCaruso.
- It's a wiki, everyone has the authority. Go crazy. :) 00:56, July 13, 2010 (UTC)