|Submit your questions for Yunjin Kim. |
|Guidelines for Adding Questions|
• Questions should be precise and grammatically correct.
• Questions should be signed by the submitter for reference.
• Respect the Spoiler Policy when asking a question.
- Double whammy, huh? Two interviews in one day. Yay? :p
So, my latest interview is going to be with Yunjin Kim, who plays Sun-Hwa Kwon on Lost. She's been on the show since the very beginning, so I'm sure there's plenty you would like to ask her. Once again, no questions about what'll happen in Season 5 - she won't know, and even if she did, she wouldn't be allowed to say. Try and make questions original and inventive, etc. :D
Thank you guys, and enjoy!--13:20, 16 October 2008 (PDT)
- Please submit your questions under here.--
13:20, 16 October 2008 (PDT)
- Sun started out as a very meek and submissive woman, but now she stands up for herself and is more in a position of power. Are you happy with her direction, or do you feel that Sun's new-found strength came at too heavy a price? Gutsdozer 07:39, 8 November 2008 (PST)
- What do you think, how easy (or hard) is it to persuade Sun to go back in island?--Marire 00:14, 7 November 2008 (PST)
- The Sun/Jin relationship has been said by many to bring new levels of depth to romance on television. What do you think is the main reason for this? -- 20:30, 16 October 2008 (PDT)
- Sun's been going down a really dark path with the most recent finale. Who do you think she blames for Jin's death, besides her father? -- 20:30, 16 October 2008 (PDT)
- Aside from Sun, who is your favorite character on the show? -- 20:30, 16 October 2008 (PDT)
- Do you believe that Jin is dead? If so, how different will your job be now that you no longer work with Daniel Dae Kim? -- 20:30, 16 October 2008 (PDT)
- Where would you like to see Sun go in the future? -- 20:30, 16 October 2008 (PDT)
- What is one mystery from Sun's story that you'd like to be solved? -- 20:30, 16 October 2008 (PDT)
- What are the major differences between working on Korean productions and American productions? --Blueeagleislander 23:09, 17 October 2008 (PDT)
- How do you think will Sun's mothership affect her character? Malachi 04:22, 19 October 2008 (PDT)
- So, here is the first couple of questions from the German Lostpedia --Quartoxuma 07:17, 19 October 2008 (PDT):
- If you were able to bring a dead character back to the show, would you do so? And who would it be?
- Do you think, Sun will survive until the end of the show?
- Would you like to play any other character or is Sun the right person for you to perform as?
- How do you think will LOST end?
- Have you worked with Alan Dale since the Lost Season 4 finale?
- In what ways do you think Lost would be different without any language barriers?-- 11:19, 19 October 2008 (PDT)
- For which Korean film/TV productions are you best known?
- Tell us about your trip to London to film Lost. Was it a vacation or was it all work, how was the crew, and who went? Was the location really in front of Big Ben or is that FX?
- How do you find living and working in Hawaii different from LA? Do you have time for leisure activities there? Do you stay there in the off-season?
- Who are your favorite or inspiring actors and actresses (in both English-language and Korean-language)?
- Who are some of your favorite members of the Lost film crew and why? -- 13:43, 19 October 2008 (PDT)
- What was life like growing-up on Staten Island, going to high school at LaGuardia High (fame), studying in London and grad'ing at Boston U? Meet/work with any notables actors/or other creative types? 20:27, 20 October 2008 (PDT)
- Has Sun been a fulfilling character to play? What one thing would you change about her? What one thing do you wish you had done differently as an actress.--Cormacalian 14:26, 21 October 2008 (PDT)
- Obviously there's not a lot you are allowed to discuss in terms of Season Five's plot, but is there anything you can give us to wetten our appetites? At the very least, one word?--Cormacalian 14:26, 21 October 2008 (PDT)
- The Amah Rock Legend was introduced as an easter/egg in the epi Tricia Tanaka is Dead--it is the legend of a fisherman's faithful wife. Are you familiar with the easter/egg and/or legend? How do you see the Amah Rock Legend applying to Sun--the faithful (?) wife of a fisherman?--LostSasquatch 23:15, 21 October 2008 (PDT)
- How was being famous in Korea different from being famous now.--Edible8 09:21, 24 October 2008 (PDT)
- How does it feel representing Asians in television?----Edible8 09:21, 24 October 2008 (PDT)
- Aside from Sun, who among the main characters do you feel most connected----Edible8 09:21, 24 October 2008 (PDT)
- Among the cast and crew, who do you think s the funniest and why?----Edible8 09:21, 24 October 2008 (PDT)
- My Korean friend says that wives don't take their husband's family name in Korea, yet Sun and Jin are both named Kwon and Sun's parent's are both named Paik. Was this a mistake by the producers of Lost or was it deliberate, so as not to confuse western audiences?--Stupot 10:11, 24 October 2008 (PDT)
- Given that the main target audience is not Korean-speaking, how much effort do you put into the accents when you do the Korean dialogue scenes? Is it tempting to just get through it, knowing it will be subtitled?
- Do you ever get offended when you see the inaccuracy in the Korean Culture that Lost portrays (assuming that they are mistakes and not part of a larger plot)? If so, do you ever talk to the writers/producers to try and correct them?
- What's your favorite season of Lost and why? L0STGR
- What other shows besides Lost are you watching and what is your favorite one? L0STGR
- In your free time do you ever watch the programme and get embarrassed watching yourself act? --Lewisbooth3 13:20, 28 October 2008 (PDT)
- You originally auditioned for the role of Kate, but you impressed them enough for a new character to be created. Do you regret not being cast as Kate, and do you think it impacted the series?
- As far as your character, do you think Jin or Sun had more of a moral compass?
- What do you think of the almost role reversal of Sun and Jin? Do you enjoy playing a strong, powerful character, or a more gentle one?
- What do you think would have happened if Sun and Jin didn't come to the island and you stayed with him at the airport?-- SawBucks Talk Contribs 14:46, 2 November 2008 (PST)
- Do you feel there was a special meaning behind Sun finding her wedding ring with the bottle of letter's she hid in the sand from the raft?-- SawBucks Talk Contribs 14:46, 2 November 2008 (PST)
- Do you believe that Sun has/had feeling for Mike?-- SawBucks Talk Contribs 14:46, 2 November 2008 (PST)
- How did you feel when you found out Sun was going to be a mother? John 15:50, 2 November 2008 (PST)
- If you were stuck in an deserted island what object would you most likely miss?--Edible8 19:02, 2 November 2008 (PST)
- If Sun had fled to America instead of staying with Jin where would you want her to end up?----Edible8 19:02, 2 November 2008 (PST)
- Sun is my favorite character on the show, great work! What was your favorite moment of the first 4 seasons involving your character? - mine is Sun watching the freighter explode thinking Jin died... it was very heartbreaking to watch. i also like Sun shooting Colleen on the Desmond's boat...?----dominic.k.s.ngai 00:52, 6 November 2008 (PST)
- I'm curious to know what music do you like listening to (favorite artists, songs?)? Favorite TV shows or movies? What do you do when you're not shooting LOST?----dominic.k.s.ngai 00:59, 6 November 2008 (PST)
- What was it like travelling to London to shoot scenes with Alan Dale? What is your take on the Sun/Widmore meeting?
- What other projects would you like to do after LOST? --184.108.40.206 00:49, 20 December 2008 (UTC)
- What are your personal spiritual/religious beliefs? Are they more with Korean or the Western world? Where do you feel more at home? --220.127.116.11 00:51, 20 December 2008 (UTC)
- I loved that scene when Sun was screaming for Jin in the finale, the screaming was excellently done. How did you rehearse that? How many times did it take to shoot? Did it hurt your throat? FlameInk 15:42, 20 December 2008 (UTC)
- Not necessarily knowing the big picture when you're filming, did you think that perhaps Sun and Hurley were a couple in the future when you filmed Ji-Yeon? Is that even possible, could Sun ever have another man after Jin? Bookhouse88 11:05, 28 December 2008 (UTC)
- Two questions and a shameless comment if I may: Jean Prouvaire 10:32, 13 January 2009 (UTC)
- Question 1: You have some theatrical credits on your CV, both classics (Shakespeare, Chekhov) and modern plays. Would you have any interest in returning to the stage at some point and if so, what are the roles you'd ideally like to play?
- Question 2: I believe you are one of the Korean translators on the show. There have been some minor but significant differences between the Korean dialogue and the English subtitles. One instance that stands out is in the episode where Sun-Hwa tracks down Jin-Soo's father. The subtitles have her call him "Mr Kwon", but in the spoken dialogue - if I recall correctly - she calls him "father" ("ah buh ji") instead. I thought this added subtly but immensely to the emotional resonance of the moment. Is this something you or another translator deliberately changed in order to demonstrate a greater warmth by Sun-Hwa towards Mr Kwon? Are there other instances where you feel you've made contributions to the character as a result of the translated dialogue, and how do the producers feel about this?
- Comment: I believe there are two kinds of really good actors: those whose performances radiate on the screen (or the stage) in a virtuoso display. Michael Emerson is an example of this kind of actor. I think he's brilliant, and he's obviously so. And there are those who are just as good because their performance comes across as entirely natural, not like acting at all. I believe your performance falls into that category, which is why Sun-Hwa Kwon is one of my favourite characters on the show.
- Yunjin, in the Season 4 finale Daniel Dae's character Jin "apparently" dies on the freighter. Whilst in character, your reaction to this event on the helicopter was absolutley breath-taking (literally), shivers shot up and down my spine and my face became contorted in sheer horror and shock, solely bacuase of your performance here. I was just wondering how you rendered this scene as SO believable? Was this performance just terrfic acting or was it rooted in something deeper, a real-life experience perhaps? (Lostpedia member: John_Locke815)
- Hello Yunjin. I'm a brazilian Lost fan and let me say that my favourite character was always Sun. I'm in college and I study performing arts, and you are an actress with a strong and beautifull acting skill. I love your performances on the show. As a fan, and a follower, can you tell me what do you prefer? Acting in plays, movies or TV. And why? And one more thing, what would you say to a performing arts student about the reality of this job? Thank you very much Yunjin. --Caio_wgm 04:17, 31 March 2009 (UTC)