Editors, before you post a 'new' clue, please be certain that it has not already been included in the article. Thank you and Namaste
When is the Lost experience planned to end? Dee4leeds 13:58 GMT 11 august
- Reports suggest that it will last until the Season 3 US premier in early October. --Jajasoon 07:13, 11 August 2006 (PDT)
- Thanks Dee4leeds 11 August 2006
- It looks like this will all end with the DJ Dan podcast on Sunday September 24. -- belle42
- so is it over yet? i dont follow it, im just wondering.--LOST ON CRAPHOLE ISLAND!!!!! 13:45, 27 September 2006 (PDT)
As the winter (summer for Yanks) progresses, this article will get even more unwieldy. Therefore, I wanted to propose an alternative to keep this 'clean'.
Clues are kept in chronological order, but subpages are created (example: The Lost Experience clues/6 May) for each day's clues, with a 'back' button to the main article which will list "See The Lost Experience clues/6 May|6 May" (or the subheaders would simply link to the subpage ==The Lost Experience clues/6 May|6 May==) . This would also allow a merge of the timeline article with this one, creating one article that was relatively spoiler free, with subpages that outline each clue as it was discovered, chronologically.
This is what I had in mind (red links because the subpages have not yet been created) Comments? -- LOSTonthisdarnisland 20:57, 29 May 2006 (PDT) (link no longer needed; page updated 01:42, 1 June 2006 (PDT))
- I think that sounds good. It's getting annoying having to get all the way to the bottom of the page for the most recent clues. I would be willing to help clean it up if we choose to do it like this. uNp0c0 15:04, 30 May 2006 (PDT)
- Hey, sounds good to me, kudos for the work BTW. How about a seperate _theories page for unsolved clues as well, ive noticed that some talk pages for ARG elements can become unwieldy as well. Rxhector 22:02, 30 May 2006 (PDT)
(rc) Okay. I had time and decided to give it a go. Hopefully it will be easy for everyone to find the information. Rx, there is a talk page for each date, so there would be ample room to discuss what the clues mean on those pages. -- LOSTonthisdarnisland 01:05, 31 May 2006 (PDT)
- I really think the old format made it SO much easier to keep track of the clues themselves, whereas this format focuses entirely on the dates—and makes it really hard to find specific clues. Maybe there's some sort of way to compromise. One idea is to have a separate page containing all the clues (like before), but it would end up being a HUGE pain to maintain two copies of every single clue. Suggestions, anyone? -the JoshMeister 20:09, 31 May 2006 (PDT)
- I think I may have found the solution! Maybe we could revert to the original format, but instead of every detail of each clue for that date being in the main article, the full analysis of the clues could be in that date's article. I think this provides the best of both worlds; less cumbersome main article, but still makes it easy to find a specific clue without having memorized that clue's date! -the JoshMeister 20:19, 31 May 2006 (PDT)
The value of calendars
- Allows viewers to see at a glance if new clues have been added for a specific date (bold blue, rather than red or black)
- Provides links to dated, detailed clues, as well as the monthly summary articles.
BLACK AND WHITE FACE
Are we sure that the black and white picture of the face is that of the mental health guy? I think the picture also looks alot like the real Henry Gale (from his driver's license picture on the show). He could have been captured while on his "walk to the beach" as noted on the dollar bill. Could have been sent to the island by the Widmore company in the first place, thus was of interest to the others and may have been interrogated and/or tortured and/or killed, then buried. --unsigned by Captain sextacular--
- Has anyone tryed using photoshop to see if those photos could be combined in some way? Dposse 17:53, 2 July 2006 (PDT)
? in article
Someone questioned in the article "Has this been confirmed by an official source? It seems odd that they included it when it is the only site I know of that needs an html log in on the main page to allow website maintenance." in relation to the login box next to the RSS feed. I've moved this to talk because it doesn't belong in the main article. -- LOSTonthisdarnisland 08:48, 1 June 2006 (PDT)
Hey everyone- What do you think about syndicating this page via RSS/Atom? It might be useful. I"m not exactly sure how it would be done, but I know it can be done somehow. Whaddya think? uNp0c0
- second Brian 20:03, 4 June 2006 (PDT)
- I just made one, see what you think. I had to create a new page, RSS Feed because the scraper has some limitations (it only picks the first twenty "objects" top to bottom, and then reads them back bottom to top... there's more details on the discussion page. I'm not sure, but I think the feed only refreshes every 6 hours, so if you change something on the page and don't see it right away, that's what that's about. The feed is http://feed43.com/lostpedia_lost_experience_arg.xml if you want to try it out. Sorry, it's my first time setting one of these up. Hooray learning! --Beardog4314 14:57, 8 June 2006 (PDT)
From the Dharma Initiative page at wikipedia: "what it stands for has been revealed during the Lost Experience game ABC started to keep fans amused during the long summer hiatus. DHARMA stands for the Department of Heuristics And Research on Material Applications. This was revealed by playing a memory game accessible through the Hanso Foundation website, which can be found here. To reveal this you have to get up to level 42"
When did that clue get released? Did I miss it entirely? ArgentiumOutlaw 02:54, 13 June 2006 (PDT)
- Haven't seen it before either. Considering the topic, I'm wondering if this is what is accessed when the Mental Health clue is solved. -- LOSTonthisdarnisland 04:04, 13 June 2006 (PDT)
Check the Lost Experience calendar here at lostpedia. Not only will it show you which day but it will be a little more specific...yes, its from the solved Mental Health clue. "Light sequence again" in the box on that page will start it for you.--Trix
Why is it redirecting to SPAM? History seems unaccessible... Antiuser 21:21, 24 June 2006 (PDT)
- Because someone 'opened' that clue date only to spam the 'pedia (left some sort of odd thank you note in the article). There was no clue for the 24th. -- LOSTonthisdarnisland 23:34, 26 June 2006 (PDT)
- Ah, ok. That's very confusing though. I noticed it just happened again with June 27. Instead of redirecting to Spam, can't the entry just be deleted and the link reverted to the "create an article" page? It's sort of disorienting to just redirect what will become a legit link to spam indefinitely... Antiuser 00:49, 27 June 2006 (PDT)
- Why not do that, then? I mean, the only reason why an article would be redirected to spam would be if the entire article is bogus. It would make more sense, IMHO. Antiuser 20:41, 3 July 2006 (PDT)
Now, if I'm correct, the Lost Experience is following US dates, right? Is the reason that some dates are opened in advance because people who are from other countries are opening them? I'm thinking we should follow the dates in the United States and only open other dates when it is that actual day here. It makes it a little less confusing.
We need to decide whether we are going to number the fragments in the order released or in the order people find them... for example: Glyph 23 was found before glyph 22, yet in the numbering on the august 2nd and 3rd pages, they are numbered in the order they were found in, not the order they were released. it's not really that important, but to prevent arguing wee should set a defined rule set for this.
Do we really need to use templates in the article? Can't we just put the code in directly. It's not too much so it wouldn't lengthen the article much and the wanted page would be less cluttered.--Peephole 09:25, 8 August 2006 (PDT)
Update on the 'Mistaken for clues' section
We could use an update there. P's site no longer seems to work, and pretty much everything to do with THF.org is irrelevant now. --Zoe 13:38, 14 September 2006 (PDT)
I know that we're keeping an archive of all former TLE sites here, but it looks like someone has bought the domain to apollocandy.com and, uh... it now links to a porn site. Is it really suitable to still have the link? At least, there should be a warning message next to the link. Bohrok Awakener 09:00, 3 January 2008 (PST)