- This site is now a confirmed fake by Speaker. (registered through domainsbyproxy.com to hide registrant information)
On 6/4/06, Cecilia <********@gmail.com> wrote:
I was wondering what you thought of http://www.stsebastianhospital.org . Some people think this is a real site that is part of the ARG, but a lot of people (myself included) think there are many things that point to it being a well-perpetrated hoax, especially since many of the 'clues' seen there appear to be copycats of clues from THF shortly after they appear officially. There also has been no direction to that site, as with other sites that are intrinsic to the ARG. Since we are all so fond of you and respect your opinion... what do you think?
From: Speaker 815 <firstname.lastname@example.org> Mailed-By: gmail.com To: Cecilia <********@gmail.com> Date: Jun 4, 2006 11:51 AM Subject: Re: question on site
It is fake.
-PandoraX 06:35, 5 June 2006 (PDT)
- The site has been down since 9/22 14:55 (the date and time of the plane crash)
- A header image on the site has alt text "139191991471518711419.jpg" - this translates to "missing organs"
- After trying to view 139191991471518711419.jpg you will get an error page
- upon reviewing the source of the error page there is hidden comment revealing http://www.stsebastianhospital.org/intranet directory
- when visitins the http://www.stsebastianhospital.org/intranet directory a uername/password box pops up
- The letter "e" in The St. Sebastians banner on the upper right hand corner of the page changes letters if you watch the page long enough. The letters spell out "asylum inmate".
- If you go to http://www.stsebastianhospital.org/asyluminmate, you will be taken to another page that has hidden binary codes and an anagram.
- The anagram spells out "Hanso Funded"
- The binary repeats SYSTEM FAILURE many times over, then lists the LOST characters with their names spelled out as anagrams.
- Bgein Donros : Eko Sayid Jararh Clriae Lottilten Jcak Sprheahd Hugo Ryees Sonnahn Rrteohurfd James Frod Walt Lloyd Jin Kwon Sun Kown Ktae Astuen Clrahie Pcae Jhon Lokce Mhcaeil Dawosn
- The page url becomes %25%25%25%25%25%25%25%25%25%25%25%25%25%25%25%25
- %25 coverted in URL code is the percent sign itself "%"
- there are 16 %25 in the url, our next clue is 16% ?
- The page title has 108 % signs.
- Viewing the source page reveals "man of science faith being tested" imbedded.
- Upon closer review of binary code the password "candle" is revealed
- View source once logged in reveals a note from persephone <!-- p3rsph1 --> if you turn the 3 around and spell the 1 it looke like pErsphONE
- The site down image is a 2 layer animated gif revealing the password (thx for pointing that out Pwoo)
- And here is the three xerox_scan images put together
- the file name "9nm1t5_.swf" for the shockwave flash translates to "inmate_" when using A=1,B=2, etc,etc (is there a name for that conversion?)
- if you email email@example.com you get an auto-reply that says this:
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 23:20:14 -0500 From: "Jack Shephard - St. Sebastian Hospital" <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: <**@****.com> Subject: Re: Hey
An unfortunate family emergency has caused an immediate need for me to be temporarily out of the office. Please contact Dr. Roy Steven for further assistance.
- the numbers 242013 show up 3 times
- the name of the scanned jpg "ID242013_scan.jpg"
- in the JPG it says "Group ID 242013"
- at the bottom of the auto-reply from email@example.com
- 242013 is the login and password for the shared directory on the intranet
- There is a flash-based directory listing. Maybe there are hidden directories, or is it just to point out deleted directories (like cshepard's) --Pokute 06:00, 30 May 2006 (GMT)
- There is M(arvin?). Candle's directory (!) http://www.stsebastianhospital.org/intranet/.shared/mcandle/ --Pokute 06:00, 30 May 2006 (GMT)
- When you click on missing folders on the flash, letters are falling down (need a video to see if there isn't any hidden message/anagram regarding how letters falls), and some text could be selected (at the top, just move your mouse to see the cursor changes), copied and pasted in a text editor. You can read:
- For cshepard: Last login: Fri Oct 29 09:44:18
- For jshepard: russd% telnet - l LAC040500 stsebastian.org
- For mcandle: russd% telnet - l LAC040500 stsebastian.org
St. Sebastian Hospital Terminal Server on ssweb2 Last login: Fri Oct 29 09:44:18 russd% telnet - l LAC040500 (note: -l specifies the username) stsebastianhospital.org Trying 220.127.116.11 Connected to //shared Password: > ----- Incorrect Password! Password: > ----- Incorrect Password! Password: > ----- Incorrect Password! Too many failed attempts! > prtscn -a Scanning Ports -> 18.104.22.168:1999 ...no response -> 22.214.171.124:2000 ...no response -> 126.96.36.199:2001 ...no response -> 188.8.131.52:2002 ...no response -> 184.108.40.206:2005 ...no response -> 220.127.116.11:2323 ... ... ... open > bckdoor port 2323 opening bckdoor Connection Established! > init chatc Waiting for user(s) ... ... ----------------------- User p3rsph1 logged in. ----------------------- p3rsph1: its me.. p3rsph1: i dont have much time to tell you all what i have found.they are working hard to cover up thier tracks. p3rsph1: they have people log on to forums, msg boards, and newsgroups to spread lies and cover for them. be watchful of new members.. p3rsph1: i h- Connection Terminated... <font style='color:red'>... Unauthorized login detected!</font>
Then it redirects you to http://www.thehansofoundation.org/#section=wellness --Pokute 06:00, 30 May 2006 (GMT)
- The developers must have realized the error of thier ways, the screens now show all information pointing to stsebastianhospital.org, I am working on getting some screen shots, i downloaded a shareware screen capture program that has a cool timer feature, i am figuring it out now. Rxhector 11:35, 30 May 2006 (PDT)
- Since the reference to stsebastian.org have been changed/removed would it be safe to say that we should remove those references from this wiki as well? Rxhector 11:35, 30 May 2006 (PDT)
- Five letters dont fall on the 'shared' directory page: o, n, a, s, h. Which spells out "Hanso"
Tibbalt - where did you find the game rules posted? (specifically - where can I find that *to* and *from* stuff?) Thanks.HansoCurious 09:52, 28 May 2006 (PDT)
- That *to* and *from* stuff is what I like to call "basic logic". I got it from My Mother's Knee. If you want to learn it too, I'd suggest making an appointment, my mother is a busy woman... Tibbalt 11:50, 28 May 2006 (PDT)
I mean no disrespect, but unless your mom is president of Disney, ABC, or Bad Robot, I'm not sure that her rules apply here. I know that so far the sites seem to be linked, but logic is not a top priority. What's logical about a 105 year old orangutan? HansoCurious 17:41, 28 May 2006 (PDT)
Y'know what HansoCurious? You're right. I have no proof that the St Sebastian website isn't in-game. I also have no proof that http://www.bbc.co.uk/lost isn't in-game either. I mean, sure it *looks* like a standard 404 page, and sure, "Lost" isn't broadcast on the BBC, but hey, what's logical about a 105 year old orangutan? Tibbalt 05:40, 29 May 2006 (PDT)
There is a new website listing Disney on the TOU and Privacy pages - www.stsebastian.org. A message says it is "currently down" date/time-stamped 09/22 - 14:55. The 2nd letter in "Sebastian" in the logo in the top right corner keeps changing and spells out "asylum inmate". Pointing at the picture shows this file name - 139191991471518711419.jpg - the same file name attributed the the Jeep ad and the McIntyre newspaper ad.
Seems like the start of something new.
- Oh, and also? The "St. Sebastian Hospital" graphic uses the wrong font. Check the "t" and compare it with the image of Jack's ID card. No match. Tibbalt 21:29, 27 May 2006 (PDT)
This could be a bogus clue site. The whois registration is godaddy. --Techiedavid 22:58, 27 May 2006 (PDT)
- Once you find a reference *to* this site *from* an in-game site, then it's in-game. Every other in-game site is either a sub-section of thf.org, or it's been directly linked from thf.org. Just because it's a clean site that looks genuine doesn't mean it has any reference to the game. Hell, www.enterthecode.com is a clean, genuine looking site... Tibbalt 08:07, 28 May 2006 (PDT)
Tibbalt - sorry but I'm not as blog-educated as you seem to be. I'll try to do better. In the meantime, men of science must sometimes rely on faith. HansoCurious 12:43, 28 May 2006 (EDT)
HansoCurious 09:49, 28 May 2006 (PDT) - See, I'm learning.
- I would call it unconfirmed (likely fake) unless someone can prove it either way.--Isotope23 13:01, 30 May 2006 (PDT)
- The issue is that the burden of proof isn't with the lostpedia user to prove a site fake; it is to prove a site is real. Given the ease with which any lost fan can easily create these kinds of sites, I think that's fitting. Websites are considered NOT part of the ARG until intrinsic links (including embedded code) are found in other confirmed sites and/or a national/international campaign provides the link. The ARG writers are not trying to attract every user who knows how to type in www.google.com and enter some lost keywords. And to Rxhector, there are a number of fake websites (several of the lotto sites, for example) which link to the Disney TOU... to me, the link itself is the biggest tipoff that it is fake, because maze writers are under no obligation to do so (see www.thehansofoundation.org or any of the official sites), and does not follow the standard ARG "TINAG" format.PandoraX 08:20, 2 June 2006 (PDT)
- When you connect to stsebastian.org with the username LAC040500 through telnet, it asks you for a username and password. --Pokute 06:00, 30 May 2006 (GMT)
Stsebastian.org website has something to do with... stsebastianhospital.org?? Is it really a lost experience website? --Pokute 06:00, 30 May 2006 (GMT)
- www.stsebastian.org forwards to a completely unrelated site. I think stsebastianhospital.org was the intended URL, but then again, I can't get anything to 'work' there either. -- LOSTonthisdarnisland 00:55, 30 May 2006 (PDT)
- Since the stsebastianhospital.org web site redirects to http://www.thehansofoundation.org/#section=wellness can we assume this is "In Game", i do not know of any other published #section= references other than #section=bios. Rxhector 11:35, 30 May 2006 (PDT)
- I wouldn't assume it is in game... a redirect to an external site that is "in-game" is easy to do and doesn't prove anything. If an in-game site links or redirects to stsebastianhospital.org, then you can consider it ingame.--Isotope23 12:19, 30 May 2006 (PDT)
- If its not "in Game" it is the best fake I have seen yet. If it is fake and the author sees this post - my compliments - I think the images and coding are very professioanl. I will be bummed if it is verified as a fake. Rxhector 21:35, 30 May 2006 (PDT)
- Rxhector/Pokute you can stop promoting YOUR fake website at anytime --Techiedavid 08:36, 31 May 2006 (PDT)
- Now now Techie, don't be mean. After all, Rxhector has already stated "I am a huge fan of LOST and the ARG that goes with it. I would never intentially post a "Faked Clue" thank you." here I'm sure if we wait a couple of weeks, he'll replace it with a cruddy blog and claim it was all part of an "experiment"... Tibbalt 10:25, 31 May 2006 (PDT)
- Hillarious (you guys are funny)- I wish I could take credit for that site, I think it is well done. I am a developer using php5/mysql5 and playing with the new GIS functions and working on a really cool VRML app using GIS postioning - but I dont do flash and I suck at graphics - websites i have done www.grinderswitch.com - www.clatsopdemocrats.org, if you look at them you will notice they do not compare. thx Tibbalt Rxhector 10:34, 31 May 2006 (PDT)
- O.K. I’m officially paranoid and am a candidate for Santa Rosa Mental Health Institute. How did you know that my daughter say to me ‘you guys are funny’? Have somehow krack into my computer after visiting your website and taken control of my microphone? Now you ear everything that goes on in my house. I know that you are probably after a republican, given your government ties and ties to the confederates, but I’m a green so no reason to spy on with me. Now with the GIS positioning you can knock on my front door. --Techiedavid 09:00, 2 June 2006 (PDT)
Crossover (or coincidence)
This week's House had the good doctor going to an alternate hospital to try and score a prescription for vicodin. A quick shot of the exterior showed it was named St. Sebastian's. Could be a coincidence, seeing as House is a Fox show. - GoodRom 12:04, 14 December 2006 (PST)
Oh boy. This page is one big mess. I suggest splitting up "facts" and "on the show" or whatever to distinguish between pure facts about the hospital (such as, distance from the stadium) and on-show appearances from a pure plot-related position. Also, plot details in chronological order. Right now they're not even in airing order.--Nevermore 09:32, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
- Took it upon myself to rewrite it. Not perfect, but a vast improvement as far as I'm concerned.--Nevermore 22:22, 7 February 2009 (UTC)