I just started this today as a sort of outline to expand more thoroughly next week. Feel free to change the formatting if it looks disorganized! --Amberjet11 10:44, 10 November 2006 (PST)
- I like this page, Amber, good topic and I think, well-organized so far. I'm going to add it to the themes template, OK, but I'll let you guys fill it in more. --PandoraX 15:41, 10 November 2006 (PST)
- Thanks to those who helped expand it over the weekend! I think it could use a few more pictures, and I'm lost (no pun intended) on how to do a caption for the Jack vs. Sawyer picture. --Amberjet11 08:49, 13 November 2006 (PST)
- Agreed. I'm trying to copy/paste them wherever I find them. I love visual aids! --Amberjet11 14:12, 13 November 2006 (PST)
Hey Beardog, I love the caption for the Jack/Locke pic, but it's hard to see. I hope someone has a better screencap somewhere! --Amberjet11 14:21, 13 November 2006 (PST)
I changed the subject heading here, so we could make open requests for any pictures that might be good to add to the gallery. I'd like to see one of Claire scratching Danielle, and one of Ana Lucia shooting Shannon (which would be better than the dream-sequence Ana already in the gallery). Also, Locke hitting Charlie is still on the queue (see above). Thanks in advance to anyone who can upload these pictures! --Amberjet11 13:31, 14 November 2006 (PST)
We also need a better picture of Locke and Ben.
Awesome new formatting!
I love what you've done with the place! :-D --Amberjet11 07:00, 14 November 2006 (PST)
- How is the font size now? -- Liz
- MUCH better! Thanks, Liz! By the way, should we go in there and do bulleting on the examples of each feud, or leave that as-is? --Amberjet11 09:23, 17 November 2006 (PST)
- * I honestly think it would look better with bullets, just to distinguish each individual point, but then again, I am afraid that if we'd do that, it would make the page a whole lot huger. What do you think? -- Liz
TOC, and Locke vs. Michael
I gots two questions. First, we have the Locke vs. Michael feud as resolved. I'm pretty sure that if Locke ran into Michael right now, he'd pop a cap in him! Michael did pull quite an unforgiveable Judas on the Losties, and I think Locke would take it seriously.
Second, since this article does have potential to get longer, is there anyway to include subheadings inside of the table? The quick navigation from the table of contents is the only thing I really miss from the old format we had... Thanks! -BearDog 14:11, 17 November 2006 (PST)
- Beardog, I don't believe that there is any way to include subheadings within the table. The only thing that I could suggest would be to alphabetize the names for easier navagation. As with Michael and Locke, I am going in now and changing it to what you said. -- Liz
- I'm not sure if I understand the question correctly, but if the idea is to separate the page in sections such as "Survivors", "Others", etc., and optionally have a table of contents, then the table can simply be split into as many parts as necessary, with one table for each section. That would be a format somewhat similar to that of the page Episode list. - Cheers 14:06, 19 December 2006 (PST)
One of the drawbacks people listed to this article on the AOTW was the Table format. It was pretty, but not so much an article. I did a major reformat, and cleaned up some of the conflicts that weren't textbook rivalries. I also removed the gallery section, because strictly speaking we aren't allowed to use images from the show in a gallery format- they're supposed to be interspersed within the article to count as fair use. It still needs some love before it's AOTW-worthy, I think. See what you think. I'm not married to it, and if everyone prefers, we can totally revert. -BearDog 13:05, 19 December 2006 (PST)
- Basically, you're reverting to the old format, but using some first-level headings (which is frowned upon because that font size is normally reserved for the page name). However, before reverting all the work done on the new format, I think you guys should have a vote/poll and decide which format you prefer. It's not quite exact to say that people on the FAS page listed the table format as a drawback. Only 4 people commented on the article, only 2 commented on the table, one of which said the table was actually a plus for the article, and the other was not opposed to the table as such but suggested that the gallery be integrated. - Cheers 13:59, 19 December 2006 (PST)
The Danielle vs. Claire rivalry is in the section in Losties vs. the Others, do you think a new section should be created, because Danielle isn't an Other (as far as we know)?
Jack & Sawyer
It would be cool if the section boxes on this page were color coded like in the A-Missions page. Like green if a rivalry is solved or red if is on going. Wat do you guys think? --Pshyco Smokey Monster 2 11:25, 15 January 2007 (PST)
I think that's a great idea and I would volunteer to be the one that does that but I don't know how to make or edit sectionboxes, so someone else would have to do it. --Mr. Crabby 13:16, 16 January 2007 (PST)
- I fully support this idea, which will definitely improve the article's current green phosphoric look. Unfortunately, I'm quite busy now to undertake this task...any other volunteers ? -- 15:37, 22 January 2007 (PST)
- Very festive. Like christmas. Maybe I'm not the opinion to get on this though, I already took this article out of table format once, and people wanted to put it back. I'd hoped this could grow into prose, but it seems I've been over-ruled, so I'll go with whatever the group likes. -BearDog 16:06, 22 January 2007 (PST)
- BTW, in the future, if you guys color code, you need to make a statement in the main article as to what the colors stand for (which I'm writing in now). My reaction was "why are these templates arbitarily pink or green?" and I had to find the talk page answer... a lot of other people wouldn't bother to look and probably put in the wrong ones... --PandoraX 17:17, 7 March 2007 (PST)
Charlie vs. Desmond?
Would Desmond be considered one of the Losties now? How would we categorize this one? I think that's the newest one to add -- and even though Desmond says he was trying to save Charlie's life, I'd consider it ongoing until I see something more about the potential love triangle with Claire. What do you think? --Amberjet11 12:30, 26 February 2007 (PST)
It's worth mentioning, but it's sort of a one sided rivalry. I don't believe that Desmond is actually looking to hook up with Claire, it just looked like it to Charlie. Hopefully we'll get to see more of the regular losties now that the Hydra island chapter is finally coming to a close. I think it's fair to consider Desmond a regular Lostie now that he's moved into camp with them, but it might be worth sitting back for a couple episodes to see how things play out, now that we know what Desmonds intentions were. -BearDog 12:38, 26 February 2007 (PST)
- I noticed this is alphabetical within the cats, and I would recommend another classification, specifically, add a field to the templates that says "episode begun", and class it by that. The reason is because there are two members in each rivalry. If someone puts in Ana-Lucia vs. Sayid, someone else might accidentally put in Sayid vs. Ana-Lucia, the same rivalry. --PandoraX 17:33, 7 March 2007 (PST)
Hurley vs. Sawyer?
Didn't this used to be listed? Why was it removed? I thought it was interesting this week that Hurley, after the ping pong game, noted that Sawyer was "a guy who needs to have stuff." --Amberjet11 08:38, 9 March 2007 (PST)
Jack vs. Ana Lucia?
Kate vs. Juliet?
- There is some definite distrust goin' on there, and judging by the previews for Left Behind, they will be going at it. Maybe we should think about adding this one?--Berethor222 19:44, 3 April 2007 (PDT)
Sayid & Sawyer vs. Juliet
New one -- I don't know how to do the colored box formatting, but I think this qualifies. They are clearly mistrustful of her (as Sayid was of Ben), and she's easily able to manipulate their guilty, self-loathing consciences. I think it's also a matter of time before Sayid announces that Jack has been "compromised" just like Michael. --Amberjet11 09:03, 12 April 2007 (PDT)
- Which is certainly a conflict, but not necessarily a rivalry- they aren't competing for a prize, they just don't trust her. -BearDog 17:26, 12 April 2007 (PDT)
Resolved = Status
Seeing that this page is presented in such a nice and professional way one thing bugs me: In every box the status of the rivalry is by default always Resolved after which it is explained if the issue has been actually resolved or not by saying Yes or No. I think it makes much more sense and looks nicer if Resolved is changed to Status and then it says Resolved or Unresolved. If you agree with me one of you Wiki-Veterans could change the templates accordingly. Roger 05:35, 10 May 2007 (PDT)
Tom vs. Sawyer?
I don't know why anyone has put this up, judging from not only Exodus, Part 2 and The Hunting Party there were some rivalry and even conflict between the two, Not to mention that it has been resolved with Sawyer killing Tom. Just a thought that has been bugging me for awhile now. TheDharmaVan 21:40, 1 November 2007 (PDT)
Kate vs Libby??????
Seriously who keeps putting that up. There's a strong difference between a rivalry and a slight feud. There was no animosity between them after that and it didn't last long at all. I'm taking it down again and no one put it back up.
This needs a serious update, as some rivalries are solved, some are back, and there are some new ones... any help before I start alone? --Metalpotato - Talk - Contributions - ✉ 01:35, 19 May 2009 (UTC)
YOU SHOULD ADD JAMES AND TOM
--ARGONE 04:36, November 21, 2011 (UTC)
Resolved / Unresolved
Why are so many unresolved rivalries listed as resolved. The article clearly states that death doesn't mean resolution. Jacob and his brother NEVER resolved their differences. Them dying doesn't change that. --Sunshine4321 16:08, April 15, 2012 (UTC)