Doesn't Rousseau also mention something to the effect of "the radio tower is now in the Others control", providing some justification why the Losties stopped looking for it. Someone please find the episode and a quote.
Also possible theory, Rousseau destroyed the means to change and/or stop the transmission (after changing it herself), otherwise the Others could have changed/stopped it.
-- Bugmenot 15:52, 2 June 2006 (PDT)
Well I think this is a dharma station, first because it was repeating the numbers 4 8 15 16 23 42.. Also when the frech chick saw the numbers on the side of the hatch she doesn't look surprised
Picture in article
I don't think that it is the radio tower in the Lost Experience picture. If you look closely it looks like a giant mast of a sailboat or something like that.
- Is it just me, or does that "pole" look way too big to be a radio tower? I mean, wouldn't they have seen it by now?
- Actually, it does look too big. I saw a creative person somewhere on this site suggest that it was a space elevator. --Gateboy42 07:54, 7 July 2006 (PDT)
Should this be under DHARMA?
Until this is confirmed, shouldn't it be in 'Other island locations' on the template --Nickb123 11:54, 23 June 2006 (PDT)
- Me too. I think we should nominate it for a merge until we have real data or sightings of the tower. --Nigedo 10:05, 7 July 2006 (PDT)
- Don't we know this is part of Dharma now because of the Sri Lanka Video? --CrystalSkull 15:17, 6 September 2006 (PDT)
- We do indeed.
- -- Chris 15:42, 6 September 2006 (PDT)
- The logo on the door looked more like a "warning: high energy equipment" label than anything else. In fact, I didn't see a single Dharma logo anywhere. The whole place looked more like a one-man radio station than anything else; note the strange above-ground concrete bunker construction, while most Dharma facilities are underground.
Most of the items under "Facts" should not be presented as such. The only fact is that all the information we know about the tower has come from Rousseau. Until any of it has been otherwise verified, we should state this clearly. I'll edit the article to make this clear. --Nigedo 10:05, 7 July 2006 (PDT)
Look at the clue on the top of the aricle , no land is visible. could the antenna be offshore out of the magnetism to be able to transmit, that is why it isnt seen on the island.This would explain the cable on the beach
Naming conventions - unnecessary capitalisation of 'tower'. --SilvaStorm
- Disagree In this case, radio tower is used as a noun, therefore needs capitalisation. Also it would look horrible at the top named Radio tower. --lewisg 07:32, 9 December 2006 (PST)
- Decision--It's the standard on lostpedia that the only time we capitalize articles (after the first word) are proper nouns. Radio tower is not one. We do it, not because it looks better, but because of a pragmatic reason--mediawiki searching will miss those results if we type "radio tower". --PandoraX 07:09, 10 December 2006 (PST)
Multiple Others have alleged that the only way to return to the Island is via the Submarine and the Beacon, neither of which appear to be functional anymore. However, Rousseau claims to have discovered the Island after following the transmission of the Numbers coming from the radio tower. Is there anything to suggest whether or not the radio tower is working post-Discharge, or other evidence that might show whether either party is lying about how the Island can be found in regards to the tower? --Rowsdower 08:59, 29 March 2007 (PDT)
- If one assumes that the Others tried to interrupt the radio signal after eliminating the Dharma Initiative barracks, they could have accidentally shut-off the encryption, sending the numbers out temporarily in plain-speech.
How is it, that after 93 days on the island, Claire still doesn't know about the Radio Tower? Who else doesn't know? --Romulan248
So after all this time, all they had to do was walk a few hours (or maybe a day), open a door, and push a button? I thought the tower was inaccessible, guarded by the Others, guarded by Cerberus, etc... Where's the monster from season 1?!? Sheesh! --Pedxing 07:07, 24 May 2007 (PDT)
The article suggests that the tower works on multiple frequencies, which may be true. However, a few years ago I worked in a building that had a transmitter for a radio station on the roof. If you brought in a radio and plugged it in you got the radio station on nearly every frequency; only some of the closer commercial radio stations were strong enough to broadcast into the building. If the island tower's signal is strong enough, it might be possible that its signal overwhelms most of the other signals in the area. --No driver 07:28, 12 June 2007 (PDT)
Danielle said it was owned by the others.. --Adril-22 13:28, 12 June 2007 (PDT)
What she actually said was:
DANIELLE: I broadcast from somewhere else. But they control it now.
DANIELLE: You. And the others like you.
There is no ambiguity in what she says if you read all of what she said.
Dharmatel4 15:06, 17 August 2007 (PDT)
I just noticed that this article says the signal from the tower started to be received elsewhere in 1988. This was 16 years B.C. (before crash). Curiously enough, this is also almost the same time as the DHARMA Initiative lost its funding. Anyone think there's any significance? --Thenumbersdude 19:06, 11 February 2008 (PST)
Radio Tower/Black Rock
Why does the article say the Radio Tower is far away from the Black Rock? I see no evidence of that. --Hugo815 17:01, 14 March 2008 (PDT)
Danielle's 'First Time' at Radio Tower
Obviously, the first time she was there was over 16 years ago. Or is the list referring to the first time a character is seen at the tower?--quicksilver 15:46, 15 February 2009 (UTC)