Awesome. Simply awesome. Though I would accredit the original Jackface with that bit when he holds Locke up against the wall when the timer is about to reach zero (episode One of Them I think) --Nickb123 (Talk) 12:28, 27 August 2006 (PDT)
I second that "awesome"! If someone could get a capture of the face Jack makes in "Hunting Party" right after Sarah tells him that she's leaving him, that would be even more awesome. Jack gives us the classic "I'm holding back the tears" Jackface. --Scocub 17:08, 27 August 2006 (PDT)
- -- Chris 17:20, 27 August 2006 (PDT)
That is frickin' awesome! We need more Jackface captures! --Scocub 07:12, 28 August 2006 (PDT)
- Disclaimer: It was a nice (and appropriate) touch to add the disclaimer that most jackface fans have nothing but respect for matthew fox. Indeed you can cap unusual faces from any actor on any show, so it's important to emphasize that this phenomenon is not a criticism at its core intention-- It's about having fun playfully with a show that is loved. -- 16:13, 29 August 2006 (PDT)
It's true that "Jackface" might be an argument for M. Fox's great range as an actor. Think about some of the really heavy hitters in Hollywood, Nicholson, DeNiro, Pacino. What kind of goofy screen caps could we get of those guys? How about a Nicholson & Fox "Dueling Jackface" page? Then again, maybe that would be better on Jackpedia. I would also like to note that I am not comparing Fox to these other actors I'm just trying to make a point. --Scocub 17:05, 29 August 2006 (PDT)
I think we ought to make a 'Benface' page--He has the same face ALL the time! Mia 22:45, 13 March 2008 (PDT)
Is this parody?
I love the entry, but don't think it counts as "parody" - I think fanon is a better tag. Parody typically is for made-up stories/theories; this is a commentary on actual faces from the show. --Jajasoon 19:17, 27 August 2006 (PDT)
- I don't think this is parody, it is a description of an existing fan phenomenon, as are theories, SBSSG, etc. --Santa 16:11, 29 August 2006 (PDT)
The best example!!!
I was watching White Rabbit yesterday, and in Jack's first flashback as a boy, right before he gets up to help Marc Silverman, there's an awesome Young Jackface. Does anyone have screencaps of this to add here? --Aero*Zeppelin 19:02, 17 September 2006 (PDT)
I found it in the CRAZY JACKFACE BONANZA!!!! thread link that's at the bottom of the page. I don't know which epi, but it's definitely in the hatch. (Just look at the walls around him.) --Marik7772003 15:33, 4 October 2006 (PDT)
I found a Jackface
- Woah! Thats weird! I say add it! Good find. -- 04:58, 28 May 2007 (PDT)
Look like it should be called the "Is this sparta" Jackface. Fralfman 11:24, 11 March 2008 (PDT)
- Hah! i second that. Mia 22:43, 13 March 2008 (PDT)
Its completely against the fair use system that this site uses! Sorry. --22:26, 23 March 2008 (PDT)
- I don't know why it was against fair use, but I looked back in the revisions and got a great laugh out of all those faces. When you see one in an episode, it's funny, but to see them all laid out in a gallery was hillarious, and really makes you appreciate Fox as an actor who can communicate a lot just by his expressions. -- LOSTonthisdarnisland 19:22, 7 April 2008 (PDT)
- I disagree with the fair use rejection. Clearly this is critical commentary on the images, which makes it fair use. Gallery restored. --Jajasoon 14:59, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
- Well no. Its a critical commentary of his facial poses, which can be clearly be done with text, and the example images as presented on the existing article. -- 10:04, 2 July 2009 (UTC)
- Merge: This article is a stub, and the fanon section of Alcohol I created called "drinking games" would serve the purpose without need for a separate article. -- LOSTonthisdarnisland 19:09, 12 April 2008 (PDT) Edit: okay, I'll go with the majority. I think the drinking games should stay on Alcohol, though. I withdraw my suggestion -- LOSTonthisdarnisland 09:20, 13 April 2008 (PDT)
Agree. : --CTS 19:54, 12 April 2008 (PDT)
- Do not merge At least, not with the Alcohol article. The drinking game is only secondary to the concept of a Jackface. Although I agree that this article is looking a little redundant without a gallery.--TechNic|talk|conts 20:10, 12 April 2008 (PDT)
- I agree; what happened to the gallery? --CTS 20:18, 12 April 2008 (PDT)
- Do not merge: Alcohol isn't the right page to move this article to. --CTS 20:23, 12 April 2008 (PDT)
Why no theories?
- Well, what is there to speculate about? Mia 18:06, 26 May 2008 (PDT)
Gallery and Fair Use
There is currently a debate whether the gallery of Jackfaces qualifies as fair use. The page has been protected to avoid a revert war. If you have an opinion, please go to Talk:Fair use to discuss. --Jajasoon 03:49, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
Not a Jackface
" Jackfaces are often ironic considering their context, such as this image of Jack in the midst of a shootout ("The Incident, Parts 1 & 2")"
The "Jackface" shown in this screenshot is not a Jackface. In this case , the fact that he is smiling in the midst of a shootout is normal : Jin just told in to get in the van in order to save him and Sayid...