- We don't know if she was initially hired for that specific purpose per se, but we do know that she was an employee of the Economist and they were onto Sayid already. Therefore it seems logical that this became part of her job IMO. Springfinger 01:38, 12 May 2008 (PDT)
It would make sense to use the pager because it would prevent Sayid from tracing any incoming numbers and there wouldn't be anything outgoing. Springfinger 01:35, 12 May 2008 (PDT)
The Economist is Jacob
I thought this when i saw Ilana's flashback. Jacob's attire was that of someone who has money. He his bilinglual as he was speaking russian in ilana's flashback and korean in the flashback with Gin and Sun. So it's not hard to beleive he can speak German and other languages as well. It is said that Jacob hates modern technology and Elsa says the same thing to sayid in regard to the pager. Jacob wanted sayid captured because he had been tricked into killing the "good guys" by Ben after the death of Nadia. That last part could be backwards we will find out but it's my best guess. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by JBentham009 (talk • contribs) .
- That would explain the Economist's preference for older technology, because he's not used to modern technologies due to his length of time on the Island. -JamesyWamesy 21:19, 17 June 2009 (UTC)
- Several flaws. Ben said he hated technology though we know that Ben never met him though Richard could have explained to him. Second, Jacob, while being on the Island for a lot of time he did leave it several times as seen "The Incident, Part 1". Third, as seen in "Follow the Leader" and "The Incident, Part 1", Ben doesn't want Jacob dead, at least not until the nemesis manipulates him into it. --Orhan94 15:54, 18 June 2009 (UTC)
- Ben might not realize it's Jacob. It was Elsa who said he didn't like technology when she talked about her pager.
- SAYID: You should tell your employer that there is newer technology.
- ELSA: Well I’ve tried. He’s very old-fashioned. You know how bosses can be.
- -JamesyWamesy 20:20, 18 June 2009 (UTC)