- Disagree Maps should get their own page. Also, if you're going to nominate a page for something at least add your vote to the discussion. --Jackdavinci 10:12, 8 March 2007 (PST)
- Agree This page is a dreadful stub at the moment so what is the harm with a merge? Also maybe that user doesn't have an opinion on the merge but thought others may? Princess Dharma (banned)
- No merge As far as I know, it's a huge difference between a cable on a beach and a piece of paper showing every(?) main cable on the island... Two different things :-) --Jambalaya 10:32, 8 March 2007 (PST)
- There's no two ways about it a cable is a cable. Princess Dharma (banned)
- Disagree This map might end up to be even more important than the blast door map if we ever get a good look at it! --Pedxing 10:40, 8 March 2007 (PST)
- But it's not at the moment so until then.... Princess Dharma (banned)
- Agree merge with Barrack map not Cable
- Disagree The map and the cable are two different things. There are many pages on this site of less importance. --Doc 13:18, 8 March 2007 (PST)
- Disagree No megre but consider a page with all the maps.--Project X 20:21, 8 March 2007 (PST)
- Don't Merge - Because we have article on small items significant to the storyline, such as Locke's map, Mikhail's document, etc. Even if it was a poor stub, the article itself has merit, and will probably evolve nicely. -- 20:51, 8 March 2007 (PST)
Does Sayid still have it?
Does Sayid still have possession of the map or did the Others take it from him?
Hi everyone! Basically, what I´ve done is to take the map made by Morozov Sergei and then I´ve updated it with lots of little changes and additions in order to have a more accurate version (a good one, I´d say) that i woud like to share with the other Lost fans. Thanks! P.D: I´m having problems with the "Barracks Key" box because I can´t read what its written there. Cornik
second DHARMA cabling map
In the season three DVD/blu-ray extras, a second slightly different DHARMA cabling map appears. The Barracks are referred to as "base camp" and there is a river to the east of the barracks. The details inside the barracks compound are different and I think the terrain in the area is also different. The numbers at the bottom of both maps is the same. Dharmatel4 18:12, 12 December 2007 (PST)
- Sounds quite interesting! Got any screencaps of this? Jensma 04:02, 13 December 2007 (MEZ)
Detail on the various DHARMA cabling maps
Multiple editions of the DHARMA cabling map exist. At least three different versions have been identified so far.
The first map was one used in Enter 77. Only the Flame in the corner was seen in episode. This one is interesting in that the Barracks is called "base camp" and the topography is totally different than the subsequent maps. The image inside the security perimeter of the barracks is a blow-up of the houses around Bens from the Barracks set design illustrations. The river crossed in Par Avion is directly represented and noted in this map. Its dropped in the other maps. THe 120ft notation which seems to give the distance between fence pylons also appears. The compass bearing at the top of the map also shows clearly that north is slightly off center from the top of the map.
This appears to be a second or intermediate version of the Cable map. As far as I can tell, it only appears in the season 3 DVd extras. The terrian now matches the final version, the Barracks is now represented by a full image of the set design illustration. Production notes can actually still be seen within the Barracks image. Missing from this second version of the map are the underground passages at 20' deep and various other details of the connection of the Barracks to outside infrastructure.
The third and presumably final version of the map comes from the production still already in the article. Its the same map as is seen in Par Avion. Only one additional detail showed up in the hidef images. Slightly above the "barracks key" box, there is a vertical line of text: "(??)ge line 30". The front characters of the first word are too blurred to read. The production notes in the barracks area were also cleaned up in the final version.
Dharmatel4 17:38, 16 December 2007 (PST)
There's a disconnect between the scale of the map and label of 120 feet between the poles of the security fence. The line with the label appears to be about one third of the length of one of the sections in the "SCALE IN MILES" portion of the legend. It's virtually impossible for each of those sections to be a mile. If each one is a tenth of a mile, although that's not what's printed, then 528 / 120 = 4.4.--Jim in Georgia Contribs Talk 09:43, 12 June 2008 (PDT)
Updated with 4x06 info
Do we have access to anexpert opinion on whether DC is the appropriate power to use for the Barracks facilities, such as washers? I'd been taught that AC was preferrable.--Jim in Georgia Contribs Talk 06:53, 5 August 2008 (PDT)
Where is the boat house where Miles was kept? One presumes it's fairly near the barracks, and based on its name, fairly near some water as well. Also, there must be water nearby as the barracks is near the docking facility where people once came and went from the Dharma Initiative. I thought it would be seen on this map. Is it inside the defensive perimeter? Muninn99 13:27, 6 November 2008 (PST)