Hurley and Locke's mother both did time in the Santa Rosa Mental Institute. Does this constitute two degrees or zero since, as far as we know, they never met?
Just an idea... but maybe should some of the Others or other people connected to the island be included on the graph. I bet in Seasone 4 connections will be seen.
Bold text== clean up? ==
i guess this can be removed now as its expanded on; now we know that they did infact meet.
- In "What Kate Did", in the Army Recruitment Office where Kate's father worked, you can see Sayid on the television in the background
o This is not worth any Degrees "
If that's the case then Hurley on TV at the person's house that Jin was supposed to kill should be out too. What about in S.O.S. when Bernard gives Rose the newspaper featuring the healer, Hurley was featured (right side of paper) in the headline for winning the lottery.--Redirover 12:20, 19 May 2006 (PDT)
== Whats correct?
[1:5] - Sawyer met Christian Shephard, Jack's father in a bar in Australia
[1:16 Outlaws] - Sawyer met Jack's father (Christian Shephard) in an Australian bar.
which episod is correct? or in both? i cant watch season 1 @the moment =(
- Jack chose not to operate on Shannon's father.
I thought Shannon's father was the other bloke in the car that crashed into Jack's future wife, that way, Jack would've been busy on the woman (forgot her name for a sec) and wouldn't have the option of choice. Plus, now i think of it, didn't the man in the car accident die pretty quickly, so there wasn't even a chance of operating. -- Bramme 09:11, 21 May 2006 (PDT)
- Shannons father crashed into Sarah - Jacks future wife and jack decided to operate on Sarah even though she was in a worse state. He died because the intern didnt know what to do.
--H4eafy 03:00, 11 April 2007 (PDT)
- In 1x22 Born To Run, Steve exits the motel as Kate arrives.
- In 2x19 SOS, we see Scott sitting behind Rose at Niagra Falls. Joesoap
- In 2x02 Adrift, we see Christian Shephard walk behind Michael while he meets with Susan and Walt
- In 2x04 Everybody Hates Hugo, we see Shannom at the music store when Hurley and Johny leave--Phil (talk) 11:28, 25 August 2007 (PDT)
Young Boone and Shannon?
How do you know? Are their names heard, or is there some other evidence. I'm a bit skeptical without more details. --Minderbinder 07:10, 6 October 2006 (PDT)
Locke = The Real Sawyer?
What justification do we have for Locke being the real Sawyer? He's the right age but nothing in his persona, especially pre-Island, indicates that he has the qualities of a con man. --Myk 23:34, 15 October 2006 (PDT)
- It is lockes FATHER who may be the real sawyer. Not Locke - H4eafy
- When Lockes father is inside the Black Rock, he gives evidence that he was the sawyer that conned James' parents. Evidence like the fact that he went by the name sawyer at that time, he gives him the exact scenario, and the exact location.
Season 3 Crossovers?
Season 1 and two were great for this reason. I always looked forward to trying to identify the crossover relationship in each episode. Now that season 3 has come out I am not seeing the crossover each week, and I have not seen any activity on this subject.
Am we missing something, or have the writers stopped caring about the details that made this show great?
Cleaning up, and removing division between same-episode and cross-episode connections
Hope no one hates me for this, but I am taking out the artificial division. The reason is because we are getting a lot of redundency with some people considering something a cross-epi and some a single-epi. When you think of it, almost all connections are cross-episode, because you first had to be introduced to a character, and then you saw them elsewhere later on (including main characters which we met in Pilot, and ones we are so used to we take for granted, like Christian). The very rare exceptions are episodes in which we are introduced to a character early on in an episode and then towards the end we get a surprise connection (Jack/Desmond in MosMof is the one that comes to mind). --PandoraX 21:34, 31 October 2006 (PST)
Rename to "Character connections"
This article seems to be about how characters are connected, rather than how they are related. The subheaders also agree: "Notable Connections", "Obvious Connections", etc.
- Agree - The characters are not all related, and they are not having relations.--Dagg 10:29, 22 November 2006 (PST)
- Agree - "relations" can have a sexual cannotation in certain contexts- BearDog 10:45, 22 November 2006 (PST)
- Agree - Liz
- Agree. --EvilSmoke 05:42, 26 November 2006 (PST)
I created a wikitext table to better illustrate the character connections, based one of the old images that was linked to the article. The chart that was made before had some 'probable' connections that are speculative and the opinion of one person (noncanon), so we can't have it on the main page; also, this way, everyone can update this wikitext chart. If you add a connection, make sure that it is not from a Sydney hotel/airport scene, and make sure that you add to both characters, not just one (keep it a mirror image along the diagonal central axis). Add first connection as a "1" link, 2nd as a "2" and so forth (including doubling up on one character connecting two, as with Sam Austen).
PS: Could someone who is good with wikitext tables help me get the columns so they are a more uniform width? I've tried everything; it is close but not exact. Thanks.
Boone and Sawyer aren't connected through Calderwood. Boone speaks to an entirely different person at Sydney police station. I don't have a clue how to resolve that though I mean all that links them is Sydney Police station which has no article. --THE MONSTER
- Would we be able to change it to something a bit more colourful and interesting? The brown is just so... ew.. every time I look at it I wince. LOL. -- 03:21, 28 January 2007 (PST)
- Well it needs changed as its not web friendly. i.e I can't see it. Princess Dharma (banned)
Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon
- I looked through the history, and I think User:Beardog4314 added the content. I agree it's very cool. -- 06:06, 9 February 2007 (PST)
- PS: I think it's a cool article, but I wonder if it should get its own page, with a link from this page? Because it's not really character connections from the show, it's behind the scenes stuff with cast. --PandoraX 05:04, 9 February 2007 (PST)
- Agree. This info doesn't belong on this page. (not sure it belongs on any page:))--moss ryder 03:37, 29 March 2007 (PDT)
- I'm gonna rework this into the original theory of the six degrees of seperation, as it is mentioned on the Season 2 character connections section of the DVD 09:41, 14 April 2007 (PDT)
Should pictures of clips of Losties being seen in flashbacks count as being a connection? I beleive these should go under a different heading. Hurley, Locke and Kate knowing of driveshaft can go there; Hurley being on Korean T.V, Kate and Sayid being in each others flashbacks on T.V and in a photo and Kate in Jin's paper. --Princess Dharma (banned) 04:53, 17 February 2007 (PST)
- Disagree 100%, and wrote why exactly in the edit summary, when I reverted this. Splitting hairs like this is what caused the article to be a mess previously, and loaded up the page with redundency (because people would miss what a "mention" is as opposed to an "occurrence", and then the order would get screwed up). --PandoraX 15:55, 17 February 2007 (PST)
- O.K I understand it's just I thought that Jin was just as likely to have come across Hurley on telly as he was to walk in front of Sayid at the airport. No worries. :-) --Princess Dharma (banned) 11:35, 18 February 2007 (PST)
Has anyone else noticed that the diagrams on the right hand side aren't correct?--Phil 11:59, 28 March 2007 (PDT)
- Can you expand on that?? H4eafy
Should this be under "Mysterious Happenings"?
Its all to much to be a coincidince (sp?) to me and is likely a large part of the puzzle and like the article states, that many peole with those connections to all be on the same plane has astononomical odds. - H4eafy
Ana Lucia and Hurley
Ana Lucia worked with Big Mike as seen in Collision. Hurley was questioned by Big Mike in The Beggining of the End. We should enclude this.
Under Season 2 connections: "When Eko negotiates with the arabian drug smugglers, they mention Sayid's name ("The 23rd Psalm")". I checked the transcript and then watched the scene in question, and without a translator it seems like a stretch to say it is Sayid's name for sure. It seems to be presented as fact if on this page, so should it be? --MetallichickX 20:17, 21 February 2008 (PST)
Brother Campbell/Ms. Hawking connection
In the Season 3 episode "Catch-22" we briefly see on Brother Campbell's desk a photograph with him and Ms. Hawking on it. We should add these connections (Desmond-Campbell, Desmond-Hawking, Campbell-Hawking).
We have not seen it in season 1 but Danielle Rousseau has met Nikki and Paulo. That means not that she never met them.
- I don't see what the connection between Danielle and Ms. Hawking? Orhan94 21:16, 11 February 2009 (UTC)
"Rose and Bernard, while traveling in Australia, had a rented car. Their car's license plate was the same one that Sayid had on his truck in "The Greater Good". ("The Greater Good") ("S.O.S.")" I'm removing this as it's likely a reused prop more than a connection. ---- LOSTonthisdarnisland 19:34, 6 February 2009 (UTC)