Tailies #1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 11, 16 are possible people who were kidnapped Day 12. Nine tailies were kidnapped on day 12, two were Zack and Emma, Nancy is another (#10) leaving 6 spots for extras but there are 8 that could be the rest who were abducted. I don't think it was #11.
- My explanation for those kidnapped:
It is possible the Others decided to kidnap more survivors who weren't on the list. Could have been a change of plans and the list wasn't edited, or during the chaos, they grabbed as many as they could. Could explain the reason why more than nine tailies actually disapeared. The nine kidnapped are (or should be):
- CONFIRMED AS AN OTHER THROUGH SIGHTINGS:
- SEEN BEING DRAGGED AWAY/KIDNAPPED:
- NAMES MENTIONED:
The nine above characters were on the list. Jim and Eli are unseen characters. Their names were shouted out by Libby during the chaos. They may be "Mr. Squinty" or the 5 other unnamed men above. It is unknown which faces match these names.
However, there are several tailies remaining who dissapeared after the 12th night. But then this would make the claimed number taken, 9, inaccurate. However this is explained in the beginning of this section. The following are those who, logically, should have been taken. (OR, one could suggest they were killed and bodies dragged off or they fled and something happened to them. Their statuses remain unknown)
Total: 4 left
- #5 is not seen alive on beach.
- Four tailies died as said in episode, one is Donald and the other is the "Female Tailie" (#6), there's a promotional still with her body, plus her body can be seen in episode (sunset of first day). The other two could be Male Taile (#7) because he is not seen alive later in the episode, he is listed as deceased on Tailies.
The last could be the fat man (#12) or maybe #11.The last could be some extra from the first day.
- #8 and 9 are confirmed as Others along with Zack, Emma and Cindy through sightings.
- #13 COULD be, I'm not saying he is, could be the German Tailender. He is seen helping Donald (he was helping the injured as noted by Nathan), anyway he is not seen in later parts indicating he could have been one of the 3 kidnapped on the first night.
- #14 and #18 aren't seen in later parts indicating they could Blond Guy and Curly-haired guy who were two of the 3 kidnapped on the first night.
- #15 is a total mystery to me, he's only seen during chicken catching scene and I don't know why he's there of if he was another tailie in a different wardrobe.
- #17(woman with green shirt) briefly seen alive, but not anymore on that day, could have died moments later.
--Mistertrouble189 10:42, 15 June 2008 (PDT)
- This what I hypothesize what happened to these extras, not saying it is what happened.--Mistertrouble189 18:33, 15 June 2008 (PDT)
- Restored #19, as it's a different person-- 15 and 19 appear in the same scene, look different, and wear different wardrobe. Also removed fan speculation, these do not belong in the main article copy. Facts only please, esp. as fan speculation really is nearly meaningless for the majority of cases with extras.-- 13:49, 15 June 2008 (PDT)
- Yeah I wrote on your talk page apologizing for deleteing #19 by mistake, I tried to bring him back but couldn't do it.--Mistertrouble189 18:35, 15 June 2008 (PDT)
I added a new picture of a tailie coming out of the water in the early scenes of "The Other 48 Days". He is wearing a gray shirt and then khaki pants. But he is not seen alive on the beach.--Mistertrouble189 08:11, 20 June 2008 (PDT)
I also saw an unidentified woman, seems to be blonde, who walked by Benard as he got up from the fire to speak with Eko (the first night). (This is in The Other 48 Days) She is wearing a short-sleeve shirt, pants and is not any other woman on the beach (Not Ana-Lucia or Libby or Nancy or the other lady with gray hair). I tried to get a picture of her, but I could not get a very clear picture at all but I have one where you can see her a tiny bit, but I don't think it's worth putting up, but if anyone else wants to try and get a pic of her, go ahead.--Mistertrouble189 14:06, 20 June 2008 (PDT)
- Actually that "woman" is number #3. His hair is long enough to be put into a bun and the light made it look blonde, but is if fact #3. -- 15:49, 31 August 2008 (PDT)
- Oh haha you're right! Nice eye. Yeah the hair and shirt matches. Nice work.--Mistertrouble189 16:41, 31 August 2008 (PDT)
I found this on the lost-media promotional still section and I was debating weather if he should be added here? I also got an image of Ana and Male Tailie (on his page) helping out another extra to the beach (however he was not seen alive on beach).--Mistertrouble189 11:11, 4 October 2008 (PDT)
- The man is identified as "Noah", a friend of Michelle Rodriguez, as stated in the On Location for the episode (see link next to his name on the article page)
I found this on the lost-media screen shot section, its two extras who are "destined to die" and I found it funny how the woman is preparing to hold her nose and breath as in the next shot she is under the water haha and the other man is just helping her.--Mistertrouble189 20:13, 18 January 2009 (UTC)
#13 and #18
- It is said that Tailie #13 (cream-shirt and plaid shorts) was only seen in the promotional still when he is actually visible running around in the chaos on the first day. Even visible on the set for the On Location for the episode (follow same link as above).
- I don't think the airport scene of #18 is actually him. The nose looks different. Plus what happened to the image of him helping Donald?
-Mistertrouble189 16:42, 7 October 2008 (PDT)
- Made the edits, removed the pic.--Mistertrouble189 12:47, 9 October 2008 (PDT)
Watching the On Location for this episode, I learned that one of the extras is Michelle Rodriguez's friend, Noah. Interesting on how they did the crash scene. They said the "water boys from Blue Crush were all the "victims" in the water "drowning". Able to get another pic of the green-shirt woman (Tailie #17) being pulled out of the water by Mr. Eko (can see her bathing suit under the clothes ha!). Interviews with Ana-Lucia and Eko and Goodwin. Good stuff.--Mistertrouble189 20:24, 13 April 2009 (UTC)
I don't know if this is a spoiler but it's more of a rumor or something? Well extra Julia Summo told me that the tailie extras should be returning in Season Six? (kinda obvious, next season is last season so when they gonna explain about their kidnappings hmm?) The following is what she responded when I spoke about her character in The Other 48 Days and if she or any of the redshirt extras would be returning. This is what she had to say:
- Wow cool...u actually read of me? im shocked. they are bringing us back dis season but unfortunetly i cannot be back..work too much ;( but im on in a few extra scenes only. i think theyre flashback though..not sure yet. we film next week. i wish i could participate more. kinda lost track of whats hapn on there now. if i find out anything cool..ill surely let u know:)
This is exciting for the background cast lovers like me? Ha--Mistertrouble189 23:18, September 28, 2009 (UTC)
- Tailie #16 returns in the season 6 premiere (as well as other middle section backgrounders). Will post more as episodes air. --Mistertrouble189 23:17, February 6, 2010 (UTC)
So I was looking at the images of the Other background at the Temple and I may have seen Tailies #2 and #3? Check out the table and let me know what you think. Could be them (lighter skin is fine, they prob got the tan/sunburn from filming the Other 48 Days while the scenes at the Temple are generally shaded and such).--Mistertrouble189 22:57, March 3, 2010 (UTC)