This Page is Atrocious
This page is really awful. If someone designed me a template I could restore some dignity to it. :-D --Pshyco Smokey Monster 2
- What's wrong with it, exactly? -- 06:48, 14 January 2007 (PST)
I just really dislike it's layout and think it would be much better with sectionboxes and even some info on things like the boar and rabbits instead of just a link to them. --Pshyco Smokey Monster 2
- I recently changed this page to eliminate some of the redundancy to it's child page (boar, polar bears, etc), and I agree, it still doesn't look right. It is technically easier to manage the info now that the information is centralized, but the design of this page is suffering :). This might be a good place for the Template:Sectionbox template. I recommend being careful not to reintroduce the redundancy of the info.--Dagg 07:47, 14 January 2007 (PST)
- Though I haven't picked a winner yet, must write that the article looks absolutely brilliant. I love the recurring themes section, and the template is fresh and original. Very well done to all involved, I think its the best AA improvement to date. There's nothing wrong with that template now!!! --Nickb123 (Talk) 11:43, 4 February 2007 (PST)
Change to a simple list
I'm planning on changing the Occurences section of the article to a simple list, sorted by episode, and sectioned by season. This will help show how this theme progresses throughout the lifetime of the series.--Dagg 05:49, 18 January 2007 (PST)
- I'm done making my planned changes. The main body of the article is now composed of one simple list, sorted by episode, and sectioned by season. It might be useful to include a summary (at the top of article) of all the types of animals if anyone is interested. --Dagg 06:45, 18 January 2007 (PST)
- if someone wants to take the time to make a mini-portal at the top (as a summary), that could really help jazz up the page. The overall structure of the document could look like:
Summary of article == Gallery == +------------+--------------+----------------+ | tiny pic 1 |Animal name #1| Short summary | +------------+--------------+----------------+ | tiny pic 2 |Animal name #2| Short summary | +------------+--------------+----------------+ | tiny pic 3 |Animal name #3| Short summary | +------------+--------------+----------------+ + etc... == Detailed occurrences == === Season 1 === === Season 2 === === Season 3 === == See also ==
- I think it is a good idea to keep the "occurrences" section a simple list, so that casual editors can easily add occurrences. --Dagg 13:50, 18 January 2007 (PST)
I think we should get some productive chat here before we change it too much. First of all, if we are to use a sectionbox we should have the following fields; Location, appears in: , relation to storyline. I'm not convinced we need the "character's involved" section. Really, what does it tell. For sea urchins we could have 20 characters who ate them their. And for boars, same thing. Secondly the sectionbox should be named "Template:Sectionbox animals" following style of all the other sectionboxes. And Thirdly who rearranged the table, it was already in alphabetical order? --Mr.Leaf 15:47, 28 January 2007 (PST)
Me. Sorry, I did it into chronological order. I'll put my none bimbo head on now. :-S Princess Dharma
When does a boar appear in Further Ibstructions? Princess Dharma
Poor Boar. :-( Princess Dharma (banned)
Rules of sectionboxes
I'm not sure what the rules of these sectionboxes are?
- Since the word dolphin was used once in the show, then do we need a whole sectionbox?
- Do we need to copy in all the data from the sub-articles (e.g., Bunny, Dog)?
- Do we sort the sectionboxes by episode of first occurrence (for most readers, this sorting order will probably look random), or by name?
Alternatively, is there a different approach that doesn't require sectionboxes, or does everyone like sectionboxes for this article?--16:43, 30 January 2007 (PST)
- I'm not a big fan of sectionboxes for this article, it stands mostly as a glorified TOC, and gets in the way of the main content IMHO; otherwise it's only a portal (links to other articles), which should not be the case. -- 21:11, 30 January 2007 (PST)
Here is one alternative approach to Sectionboxes. This results in a _lot_ less whitespace. Any other alternatives?:
--06:48, 31 January 2007 (PST)
- I think it looks really good, and a lot better to what we currently have :) -- 09:07, 31 January 2007 (PST)
- Yeah, this is alot better, I only made the other one very quickly to get people to think of other ideas, we should adopt this for the page right away.
- Honestly I really hate this new layout for the animals section.
- Any other suggestions are welcome, of course.-- 17:25, 31 January 2007 (PST)
- I like the new layout although I think the colour could be changed and ti would be better, I think a lighter colour other than the purple would work. -Mr.Leaf 16:28, 31 January 2007 (PST)
- By all means, pick a new color. For some reason, purple things show up dark blue on my monitor, so I shouldn't be trusted with any colors whatsoever :). I copied the colors and table layout from another table I created a long time ago: The "Monster"/Theories#Encounters.-- 17:25, 31 January 2007 (PST)
- I like it, gj. -- 18:00, 31 January 2007 (PST)
Could someone research what kind of bird was: 1) Walt's dead bird 2) The species of bird in his book? --23:28, 31 January 2007 (PST)
- Its an Australian Bronze Cuckoo. Its in the Walt article itself. -- 00:54, 1 February 2007 (PST)
Woman with hamster
The woman holding the hamster looks a lot more like Karen DeGroot than Juliet. --Hprill 11:27, 27 March 2007 (PDT)
- I'm reasonably confident it'll turn out to be Rachel holding the pregnant male field mouse her sister Juliet was talking about in "Not in Portland" --Kivipat
There could be a mention of fish, like the one Jin caught and gutted for Hurley. 73rd survivor 15:06, 9 March 2008 (PDT)
There is a polar bear and a shark in the Via Domus video game. (The shark is basically a prop with an item attached to it. The polar bear is injured after attacking Walt and being knifed in the face, and it can kill the player.) 73rd survivor 20:03, 28 March 2008 (PDT)