See Speakers for the speakers found in the stations and elsewhere
|Clues · Revelations · Sponsorship · Websites|
A picture of Speaker.
InsidetheExperience.com screenshot, circa May 30, 2006
Speaker is the alter-ego of Andy Floyd working with ABC to run InsideTheExperience.com (link), which provides an official commentary on The Lost Experience in the United States. Thus far, what he says seems to be a mixture of speculation and truth; some of what he says about the game could be seen as "canon." His real identity was revealed on The Lost Ninja's blog.
Speaker is depicted as being a bald male whose skin and features have been completely blackened out. His only noticeable feature are his pure white sunglasses. When he mentions his childhood, he refers to himself as "a young silhouette."
Speaker's email address is speaker815 at gmail dot com. It has been confirmed that he responds to emails. However, his responses tend to be either joking in tone or in the form of riddles. He also responds to comments on his blog through "Speaker Notes", usually as a way to deter people from misleading fansites in The Lost Experience. He is arguably the most affable personality/character to come from The Lost Experience.
Speaker has recently reported that he has been locked out of his main insidetheexperience.com website. He is now operating from his Evil Puppet Masters website, as well as still utilizing his "insidetheexperience" account on YouTube . However, on January 3rd, Speaker announced that he was back as a member of the Inside the Experience website and he made a new post on Inside the Experience stating his return. 
- 1 Connections to the Hanso Foundation
- 2 Connections to Persephone a/k/a Rachel Blake
- 3 Background
- 4 Appearances
- 5 Allusions
- 6 Songs Parodied
- 7 Music videos
- 8 Anagrams
- 9 Fan profiles
- 10 Speaker's identity confirmed
- 11 Lostpedia
- 12 Counterparts
- 13 See also
- 14 External links
Connections to the Hanso Foundation
According to his in-game profile, Speaker is a collector. He collects both physical objects and knowledge about the rich and the corporations they head. He claims that his latest obsession is Alvar Hanso and the Hanso Foundation.
Connections to Persephone a/k/a Rachel Blake
It is unclear if there are any connections between these two individuals, but he does have this picture posted at his MySpace profile:
"Speaker" with Rachel Blake
The caption reads: "Stalking my soon-to-be concubine, by Rob"
- He has a MySpace account (Link).
- Speaker may be from Alabama, USA.
- A comment on his MySpace account states that he is not 99 years old. In a blog post, he stated irrefutably that he does not live in Antarctica.
- Speaker's birthday has been credited to being on both June 8th and August 15th. However, he later confirmed that August 15th was not his birthday. This rumor began based on his gmail account name, "Speaker815", and the common internet practice that individuals use their birthday as numbers after their name.
- He has stated he was born in Lake Charles, Louisiana  and that his ethnic background is Cajun-Italian/Sicilian.
- Speaker is married. He also mentions his wife is similar to 'Shego', a fictional character on Kim Possible. His wife appears to be a big fan of World of Warcraft.
- In Reader Mail X , Speaker, when asked if he liked dogs or cats better, responded: "Ferrets. I love my dogs, I love my cat, but there's just a special place in my heart for our carpet sharks." This suggests Speaker has more than one dog, only one cat, and two ferrets (confirmed) for pets. How he keeps the peace remains a mystery.
- Speaker appears to hate boars, a running gag in the reader mails, possibly a reference to the ongoing Stephen Colbert feud with bears.
- Speaker may or may not be fluent in Spanish (a trait also found with Rachel Blake).   Additional evidence found in "Video Reader Mail #1" supports his fluency, despite his denial that he doesn't "speak Spanish". He is shown singing an unknown Spanish song in his shower, at length.
- His favorite male character on Lost is Hurley. His favorite female character is Sun, unless Claire happens to be goth that episode. His favorite character is Vincent. He prefers Jack over Sawyer in the triangle with Kate, citing his belief that Sawyer has no shoulders.
- He claims to have several family members from pictures submitted to him by fans; these pictures are usually individuals painted to have black skin and white sunglasses. He also claims to have an archnemesis, Negaspeaker: a man who is depicted as having white skin and black sunglasses.
- Based on an experiment during "Video Reader Mail #1", Speaker's body ceases to exist in pitch black darkness, leaving only his white sunglasses suspended in midair. In the video, his sunglasses are clearly hanging from coat hanger wire, but in his MySpace profile picture, the sunglasses hang in the air without any assistance.
- His profile on his website reads:
Speaker (Not his real name.) is a collector. His abode is full of items from all over the world. Though he does love his objects of value, he doesn't just collect the tangible. Some of Speaker's most prized possessions are bits of knowledge he's acquired over the years. *Speaker tends to obsess over people and corporations. His most recent obsession is Alvar Hanso and his foundation. Obtaining things from the guarded is never easy, but getting anything related to Hanso, tangible or not, has proven extremely difficult . . . and dangerous. *If Speaker's power comes from his collections, his weakness is writing. He can't help but write about everything he acquires. (What's the point of collecting if you can't brag?) The problem, of course, is evidence. He is as careful as possible, but the fact that the records exist at all might lead to his downfall. *If you have anything you think Speaker might be interested in collecting, please contact him at speaker815 AT gmail DOT com.
His MySpace description reads:
Speaker's Blurbs About me: "No matter where you go, there you are." Male 99 years old United States Who I'd like to meet: Rachel Blake, Persephone, Alvar Hanso, Joop, Thomas Mittelwerk, Kim Possible. Speaker's Interests General: Collecting, Monolithic Corporations, Cute and Geeky Corporate Saboteurs, Television, Movies, Games, Music, EVERYTHING! Music: Evanescence, They Might Be Giants, Led Zeppelin, pretty much everything. Movies: Bring'em on! Television: Too many to name! Books: Again, too many to name! Heroes: Kim Possible. Speaker's Details Status: Married Orientation: Not Sure Zodiac Sign: Gemini Smoke / Drink: No / No Children: Undecided (PS - He's not actually 99 years old.)
(Found on http://www.myspace.com/speaker815)
A real life picture of Speaker in costume at Dragon*Con ApolloCandy.com event, taken with a fan (Belle).
- Speaker hinted an appearance in People and Entertainment Weekly magazine , which were made through a personal advertisement.
- * People - August 14th Issue (Mel Gibson Cover)- Page 48
- * People - August 21st Issue (Brad Pitt Cover)- Page 34
- * People - August 28th Issue (Britney Speaks Cover) - Page 32
- * Entertainment Weekly - August 18th Issue 891/892 Double Issue (James Bond Cover)- Page 102
- * Entertainment Weekly - August 25th Issue 893 (House Cover)- Page 82
- Speaker's first video appearance was on August 5th in a mock teaser trailer found on his blog's Reader Mail 13.
- On August 11, Speaker made a auditory appearance during the DJ Dan Live Broadcast.
- He next appeared in a cameo during the August 13th episode of Ask Javi!.
- In honor of 8/15 day (August 15), Speaker appeared in a video titled "815", in which he brandished a Steve Irwin doll that he claimed was actually the LOST Ninja. A link was posted on his blog's Week Fifteen Round-Up.
- On August 18, instead of the expected "Reader Mail 15", Speaker appeared in the first Video Reader Mail #1 of his blog.
- On August 20, Speaker made another appearance on Ask Javi!. In the episode, Speaker answers the question: "If you could come back in your next life as any animal, what would it be?". He said: "The boar".
- On August 25, Speaker returned in another Video Reader Mail #2. He addressed his weight issue with a musical number.
- On September 1, he returned in Video Reader Mail #3, with a musical video. He gets a call from ITE regular 'Distrustful', and there is a music video about boars.
- On September 7, Speaker shows off his ventriloquist skills and talks about [Dragon*Con] in Video Reader Mail #4.
- On September 17, Speaker talks about his guilty pleasure (DVDs) in Video Reader Mail #5.
- On September 22, Speaker announces the release of 42 DVDs he burned of his videos in his blog.
- Speaker claims he will be at Dragon*Con giving out Apollo Candy bars himself (part of ApolloCandy.com Events). He said in his blog that the will have 7 Golden Oracle bars a day (28 total) for fans who approach him there and know the password that they figure out from the theme of his latest reader mail video. It appears to be "boars".
Speaker has made numerous allusions in his posts and replies. These include:
- Army of Darkness
- Austin Powers
- Avatar: The Last Airbender
- Back to the Future
- Batman (the 1960s TV series)
- Battlestar Galactica (BSG)
- Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- In particular, many references have been made to the "Once More With Feeling" musical episode.
- The Colbert Report
- Darkwing Duck
- DC Comics (Infinite Crisis)
- Doctor Who
- Duck Dodgers
- Duck Tales
- Fight Club
- Harry Potter
- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, The
- Homestar Runner
- Incredibles, The
- Indiana Jones
- Kim Possible
- Little Mermaid, The
- Mark Twain
- Marvel Comics (Civil War, Ultimate Wolverine Vs. Hulk)
- Mister Rogers' Neighborhood
- Monkey Island
- Monty Python's Flying Circus
- Mystery Science Theater 3000
- O Brother, Where Art Thou?
- Pee-Wee's Playhouse
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Pod People
- Ren & Stimpy
- Robot Chicken
- Saturday Night Live
- Scooby Doo
- Sifl n' Olly
- Snakes on a Plane
- South Park
- Space Invaders
- Star Trek
- Star Wars
- Stephen King's The Langoliers
- Stroker and Hoop
- Talking Heads
- They Might Be Giants
- Wheel of Time
- World of Warcraft
Speaker has a gift for song parody, which has been reflected of late in his Video Reader Mail editions.
- "1985" by Bowling For Soup (Video Reader Mail # 2)
- "Thoughtless" by Korn (Video Reader Mail # 3)
- "The Cat Came Back" by Harry S. Miller, animated by Cordell Barker (Video Reader Mail # 3)
- "Arms Wide Open" by Creed (Video Reader Mail # 4)
- "Hey Ya" by Outkast (Video Reader Mail #6)
- On April 5, 2007, Speaker posted the lyrics to his newest song, "Dad in a Box," on his ITE blog. He then posted a video at YouTube.
Speaker has been known to leave "special" anagram away messages in his Google Talk browser and in his blog posts at ITE and MySpace. These include:
- A JURY IN BED HITS MYTH 8 (My birthday is June 8th)
- Any of you hoopy froods figured out my Google Talk away message yet? (not an anagram)
- A son nor some medieval Joe. (Damon, Javi or someone else?)
- Yow, you're a three hour emergent oat. (No matter where you go, there you are. -Solved by Hurley is Too Thin)
- A fragment is his. (Missing a Father - Solved by CJSE)
- Ann Among a Rat (Not an anagram?)
Specifically from MySpace (the first eight MySpace users to answer correctly make it to his Top 8 listing for a week):
- A ZINGS MEME HAD A PRINT (THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN)
- I MOLT EILEEN A WRY TUX BED (YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!)
- SEW A HATCHET'S WIDTH ("What's the sitch, Wade?", a Kim Possible reference.)
- A WRY SEGUE, WHERE? ("Guys, where are we?" - Charlie, Season 1 LOST)
- WHAT FLASHES A NELL WHELK (Shaka, when the walls fell. -- notable as being the only anagram thus far in which Speaker reveals the category, in this case "for the Trekkies.")
- A SAVANNAH CRISP (Spanish Caravan)
- D'OH! A PIGGY ARCADE TOIL. (A GEOGRAPHICAL ODDITY -- quoted from "O Brother, Where Art Thou?")
- A WONKY VIRILE CAD ("Weird Al" Yankovic)
- A CALICO NINE RISE (Oceanic Airlines)
- KNIGHTING A BABE IS SO HOT TRY RED TEETH (THEY'RE TAKING THE HOBBITS TO ISENGARD! -- the answer links to this YouTube video)
- JERSEY MINOR (Jeremy Irons or Jeremy's Iron -- references the anagram game played in the Simpsons episode Lisa's Rival)
Speaker has profiled a number of Lost Experience fans on his blog, even using the fans to circulate clues.
- The Fox 
- Jonah Adkins 
- daz uk 
- AmLocke 
- Brian 
- John-Not Locke 
- THE WOLFE 
- Leighsa 
- VexingModsTwo 
- Matt the Pale 
- DJ Lena 
- JustWillow 
Speaker's identity confirmed
The real-life Speaker.
- Andy Floyd - Speaker is the number 1 Javi Minion and the person who maintains that site. There is a link to his Livejournal.
- This theory was confirmed in The Lost Ninja's 27th September blog. He is referred to as "Andy" and says he is the "No. 1 Javi Minion"
- There are wonderful photos of "Speaker" with cast and crew at the 2005 Lost charity event Destination: L.A. here.
- DJ Dan in the DJ Dan Live Broadcast calls Speaker "Andy" (sounded like an intentional slip), which happens to be the name of the Javi Minion in question, above.
- He has a wife, Mel.
- He lives in the same house as Speaker did most of his video reader mail in, as evidenced by the fireplace and the red walls.
- He has a Flickr page: 
- He manages a band called The CG3.
Someone claiming to be Speaker has been making comments in the main content, as well as the disucssion section of this very article. Speaker has linked to Lostpedia before in his posts, and went out of his way to plug Lostpedia in part 1 of his conversation with Tom (aka Lost Ninja). It is safe to assume that this Lostpedia user "Speaker" is really the true Speaker.
- Lostpedia revisions of this article by Speaker:
- Note: See the Discussion section of this page for further interaction with Speaker, including the "SPEAKER PARTY!" thread.
There are two other official anonymous bloggers working for Lost's broadcast stations in other countries. In Australia, The Lost Ninja works for Channel 7. In the United Kingdom, The Other Girl works for Channel 4.
Although information from all three bloggers are considered marginally Canon, they do not always agree. One of the most infamous points of contention between Speaker and The Lost Ninja was the latter's assertion that Rachel Blake was actually Persephone, before Rachel confirmed the matter herself. Speaker disagreed, and a "Yo Mama" battle ensued. An example of the rivalry between Speaker and The Lost Ninja can be seen in this video by the Lost Ninja.
- The Lost Ninja, Speaker's Australian counterpart for Channel 7.
- The Other Girl, Speaker's counterpart in the United Kingdom for Channel 4.
- Official 'Lost' Podcast
- The Lost Experience
- List of videos available on YouTube
- Speaker's Blog at ABC's Inside the Experience
- Speaker's Myspace
- Lost Ninja's Blog at au.blogs.yahoo.com for Channel 7
- Lost Ninja's Myspace
- The Other Girl's blog at Channel 4
- Evil Puppet Masters podcasts (starring Speaker and his friend Hijinx)