Sam Anderson played the role of Bernard Nadler.
Sam Anderson is a native of North Dakota. During the early 1970s, he taught drama at Antelope Valley College in Lancaster, California. He and his wife are the proud parents of twins.
Sam has a varied background in television, having guest starred or played recurrent roles in a long list of shows, including St. Elsewhere, Golden Girls, Hill Street Blues, 21 Jump Street, Magnum PI, Growing Pains, Perfect Strangers, Dallas, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Forrest Gump, Picket Fences, The Stand, Alien Nation, Millennium, Angel, 24, ER, Criminal Minds, X-Files, and Friends.
- Anderson played the character of "Holland Manners" for two years on the WB series Angel. Other Lost actors who have appeared on this show include Daniel Dae Kim (Gavin Park) and Josh Holloway, who played a vampire in the first episode: "City Of".
- Played a memory specialist in the 1990's UPN cult conspiracy classic Nowhere Man, in the episode "Through a Lens Darkly"
- He played the doctor who is obsessed with Fonzie on the TV show Friends. He delivers Phoebe's triplets.
- Played a plane crash survivor in the episode "Golden Parachute" of the TV show CSI: Miami
- Played Sam Gorpley in seasons 3 through 7 on the comedy show Perfect Strangers
- Played a German extra in 24; did not have many lines
- Played a police chief in a "Malcolm in the Middle" episode, alongside Fredric Lehne.
- Played the father of Maggie Grace's character in the episode "Mother's Daughter" of the TV show Miracles
- Played Michael in the episode "Before and After" of the TV show Grey's Anatomy
- Played Dr. Rawlings in an episode of Criminal Minds
- Previously worked with Carlton Cuse in The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. - Simon Wolfe in the episode "Brooklyn Dodgers"
- One of six actors to gain main character statues in the finale of the series, the others being L. Scott Caldwell, Sonya Walger, Fionnula Flanagan, John Terry and François Chau.