(written from a Production point of view)
|Lostpedia has conducted an interview with Rebecca Mader. To read this interview, please see here.|
|Date of Birth||April 24, 1977 (age 41)|
|Origin||Coldham's Lane, Cambridge, England, UK|
Rebecca Leigh Mader is an English actress who played the role of anthropologist Charlotte Lewis.
When Mader auditioned for the role of Charlotte, the character was scripted as American. Upon meeting the actress, executive producers Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof were so impressed, they changed the character to British.
Mader was forced to defend herself in 2009, after her character Charlotte died, when LOST producers blamed her for a continuity error in the changing age of her character, which was originally stated in the season four episode "Confirmed Dead" as July 2, 1979, when Ben Linus was listing what he knew about Charlotte's background. However, her character later appears as a young girl in 1974 and 1977. In a podcast, Cuse and Lindelof accused Mader of having the line with her birthdate changed from 1972 to 1979 "because she did not really want to brand herself as 37 (sic - Charlotte would have been 33 during her time on the show, but 37 by the time they made the comments in 2009), which is what she would have had to been had we stuck to the initial script." Mader was very offended and posted on her Facebook page that this was absolutely untrue, and that the original script for that episode had always said 1979 (which is actually two years younger than her real birthdate).
Cuse and Lindelof later apologized and confirmed that she did not cause any changes to the script, saying, "Our first mistake was the timeline gaffe, but the much more significant one was wrapping Rebecca up in this when she had nothing to do with it. Not her fault on any level. It was our bad. One hundred percent."
- The Men Who Stare at Goats (2009) as Debora Wilton
- Great World of Sound (2007) as Pam
- The Devil Wears Prada (2006) as Jocelyn
- Hitch (2005) as Kim
- Samantha: An American Girl Holiday (2004) as Aunt Cornelia Edwards
- Mimic 3: Sentinel (2003) as Carmen
- Replay (2003) as Belinda Brown
- Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005) as Jordan
- Once Upon a Time(2014) as Wicked Witch from the West/Zelena
- Fringe (2011-2012) as Jessica Holt
- Lost (2008-2010) as Charlotte Lewis
- Justice (2006-2007) as Alden Tuller
- Private Practice (2007) as Leslie
- Love Monkey (2006) as Grace
- One Life to Live (2004) as Margret Cochran #1
- All My Children (2003) as Morgan Gordon
- Fastlane as Nicole Martin
- Guiding Light as Woman
- Madigan Men as Kim
- Law & Order: Trial by Jury as Melanie Farrel
- Starved as Heather, Lady Godiva, Puma Girl
- Stella as Pretty Girl
- Third Watch as Mandy
Mader has appeared as a talk show guest in the following:
- November 17, 2005 - The Today Show (S54E229)
- February 13, 2008 - Jimmy Kimmel Live (S6E54)
- October 29, 2008 - TMZ on TV (S2E045)
- Mader previously starred on the TV show Justice opposite Eamonn Walker who had appeared in Oz with Lost stars Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje and Harold Perrineau.
- She turned down a continuing role on the Soap Opera All My Children, but appeared in a short-term role for 17 episodes.[source needed]
- Mader worked as a model in New York for a year, appearing in advertisements for L'Oreal, Colgate and Wella Hair.[source needed]
- In 2009, Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse said in a podcast that the age change of her character (a continuity error) was caused by Mader being a diva on set, and that "the age of her character from 37 to 28". She was very offended and denied this on her Facebook page. Lindelof and Cuse later admitted that the change in age was their fault, and was not influenced by Mader.  
- Mader is one of the two main cast members never to have attended a Sunset on the Beach event, the other one being Jeremy Davies.
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found