|Lostpedia has conducted an interview with Mark Stitham. To read this interview, please see here.|
- Stitham is a real medical doctor based in Hawaii. The first time he played a doctor was on a Japanese soap opera Hotel where the director told him to just make up his dialogue of medical jargon.
- He is an avid theatre and TV actor. Other TV credits include Jake & the Fatman and Raven, both for CBS.
- He played Fred Noonan in the 1990 Unsolved Mysteries episode "Amelia Earhart".
- He was a Jeopardy! champion in 1987 winning over $10,000.
- Worked through medical school as an FM disc jockey in St. Louis under the name of "Doc Rock."
- Was a popular disc jockey in Northern New England (WGUY, Bangor, Maine and WDCR, Hanover, NH) in the late '60s and early '70s using the name "Mark Dillen". He is also known as "The Loon".
- He is a native of Dover-Foxcroft, Maine and graduated from Dartmouth College in 1971.
- He was cast and filmed as a fisherman in Hawaii in the popular Capital One credit card ads featuring the Visigoths on vacation---but ended up on the "cutting room floor." While this happens to every actor, he expresses gratitude it didnt happen to his two Lost roles.