This article's subject matter is parodical and non-canon in nature (but distinct from hoax and serious fanon material)
This material is generally fan-created, but occasionally from official or commercial sources.
MAD Magazine dedicated its cover and a complete five page feature to Lost in its May 2005 issue. Tom Richmond is credited as the artist, and Dick DeBartolo as the writer. Richmond would later write on how J.J. Abrams, being a fan of the magazine, would request the originals for his office, and Richmond himself would get autographs from all the actors caricatured in the opening page starting with Maggie Grace and Josh Holloway, who reported "everybody loved being in MAD and that copies of the issue it was in were all over the set for weeks."
- We get to see the castaways inside the airplane as it splits in mid air.
- References to the first encounter with a polar bear, Locke's former disability, Claire's flashback, the repair of the transceiver, Jack seeing his dead father, Kate stitching Jack's back, Hurley's census, Jack's flashback of his father operating while drunk, Sayid being tortured by the french woman, and the encounter with Ethan.
- Spoofs: The Little Mermaid, Gilligan's Island, Fantasy Island, Castaway, Don Martin's strips and Yogi Bear.
- J.J. Abrams is mentioned.
- A new character is introduced: a stewardess, who is in charge of introducing the flashbacks.