Lost: The Complete Sixth and Final Season is the sixth box set compilation of Lost episodes, featuring all 18 episodes produced as part of the sixth season, as well as a number of special features. The set was released in North America on August 24, 2010. The set was available in UK on September 13, 2010 and Australia and New Zealand on October 20, 2010. The cost of the standard DVD version is priced at $59.99 SRP, and the high-definition Blu-ray Disc edition costs $79.99 SRP.
Press release information
BURBANK, CA, May 27, 2010 – Since its highly-anticipated premiere in September 2004, ABC’s LOST has revolutionized primetime television, bringing big-screen adventures home with a powerful story of survival. Attracting a massive fan following and huge critical acclaim, LOST has already become a pop culture phenomenon. Now, celebrating television’s most original and creative series, Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment proudly debuts Lost: The Complete Sixth and Final Season and Lost: The Complete Collection - both on Blu-ray and DVD, August 24.
With the release of Lost: The Complete Sixth and Final Season, audiences can relive every episode in the landmark final season, as the fate of each character and answers to long-pondered mysteries from the previous seasons, are revealed. In addition, the Blu-ray and DVD releases contain hours of never-before-seen bonus footage including deleted scenes; bloopers; an often emotional featurette where cast, crew, writers, producers and other Hollywood notables discuss ending the acclaimed series; a much-anticipated new chapter of the island's story from Executive Producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse; and much more.
- "LA X, Parts 1 & 2"
- "What Kate Does"
- "The Substitute"
- Lost in 815: A Crash Course
- "Dr. Linus"
- "Ab Aeterno"
- "The Package"
- "Happily Ever After"
- "Everybody Loves Hugo"
- "The Last Recruit"
- "The Candidate"
- "Across the Sea"
- "What They Died For"
- "The End"
- "The New Man in Charge" - As one journey draws to an end, there will always be tales left to be told. Go deeper into the world of LOST in this exclusive, new chapter of the Island's story.
- THE END: Crafting A Final Season – Join the LOST team along with other producers of some of television's longest running shows as they examine the challenges of ending a landmark series.
- A Hero's Journey – What makes a hero? Which survivors of Oceanic 815 are true heroes? These questions and more are explored.
- See You In Another Life, Brotha – Unlocks the mysteries of this season's intriguing flash sideways.
- LOST on Location – Join the cast and crew in this fun, inside look behind the scenes from the set in Hawaii.
- Deleted scenes (transcripts)
- On Guard (0:36)
- Bearing Fruit (0:42)
- Maternal Instincts (1:03)
- Parched (0:25)
- A Helping Hand (0:26)
- Fatalities (2:34)
- The Lab and The Well (0:31)
- Epiphany (1:19)
- Desmond's Task (0:41)
Blu-ray exclusive features
- Lost University: The Master's Program (BD-Live access required)
- On the main menu, after you watch an episode, the background will change to a window seat on Oceanic Flight 815. Wait for the menu to loop twice and the plane will rapidly drop altitude, and the DVD menu words will become crooked.
- Highlight Bonus Features, press Down, Left, the dot moves to the pillars, press Play. Terry O'Quinn jokes about how he transforms into smoke. (0:30)
- Highlight Play All, press Up, Left, Up, the dot moves to the "O" in Episodes, press Play. Evangeline Lilly does a trick with Ken's arms. (1:40)
- Highlight Episodes, press Left, Left, Up, the dot moves to the "O" in LOST, press Play. A crew member makes a "nose flute". (0:49)
- Wait for the menu to loop twice. Zoe appears on the dock and leads Sawyer into the submarine, as seen in "Recon".
- Highlight Episodes, press Right, Down, Up, the dot moves to the blue barrel, press Play. A crew member discusses the experience for "Charlie" up in an 85-foot "Condor". (0:58)
- Wait for one minute and the magnets inside the box start up, emitting a bright light. This lasts for around 30 seconds.
- Highlight Set Up, press Right, Down, Up, the dot moves to the light, press Play. Matthew Fox and Jorge Garcia take a break from filming to discuss a sandwich. (0:48)
- Highlight Bonus Features, press Left, Up, Up, the dot moves to the electromagnetic box, press Play. The process of aging the Temple Others clothes is shown. (0:54)
- Highlight Sneak Peeks, press Left, the dot moves to the "O" in Season 6, press Play. Matthew and another crew member jokingly pitching a pilot starring himself and Jeff Fahey in a show called "Bulletproof". (2:07) Note: As there is no Sneak Peeks option on the Region 2 DVD, this easter egg is not available.
- Highlight Set Up, press Right, the dot moves to the dark corner on the right, press Play. Jeff Fahey and his stunt double film a water blast. (1:07)
- Highlight Episodes, press Right, the dot moves to Jacob's head, press Play. Yunjin Kim, Daniel Dae Kim and Josh Holloway prepare for their scenes in the water tank. (0:53)
- From the dot on Jacob's face, press Right, the dot moves to Disc 5, press Play. Henry Ian Cusick and Dominic Monaghan film underwater. (1:50)
- When the disc is first loaded, the language selection appears with black text on a white background when it is usually the other way around. The main menu is the same as Season 5, Disc 5. When you finish watching an episode, the menu will then change to a window on Oceanic 815. Keep watching this menu, eventually the plane begins to experience turbulence. After another couple of seconds the plane violently shakes and drops altitude. The selection options are knocked out of place during this.
Discs 2, 3 & 4:
- Easter eggs on these discs are the same as the DVD release. See above for details.
- Highlight Episodes, press Left, Left, the dot moves to Jacob's head, press Play. Yunjin Kim, Daniel Dae Kim and Josh Holloway prepare for their scenes in the water tank. (0:53)
- Highlight Episodes, press Right, Right, Down, the dot moves to Disc 5, press Play. Henry Ian Cusick and Dominic Monaghan film underwater. (1:50)
- Highlight Set Up, press Left, Down, Right, the dot moves to the dark corner on the right, press Play. Jeff Fahey and his stunt double film a water blast. (1:07)
- Highlight SeasonPlay, press Left, Down, Right, the dot moves to the "O" in Season 6, press Play. Matthew and another crew member jokingly pitching a pilot starring himself and Jeff Fahey in a show called "Bulletproof". (2:07)
A bonus disc was made available for a limited time after release, exclusive to certain retailers. In the US, the disc was available from Best Buy. In the UK, the disc was available from HMV .
With DVD editions, the extra disc contains the following exclusive special features:
- Chicken Heaven - A behind the scenes look at the Mr. Clucks shoot from "Everybody Loves Hugo". (3:02)
- Sayid Vs. Dogen - A behind the scenes look at the Dogen and Sayid scenes from "Sundown". (2:51)
- Inside Lost Live: The Final Concert (6:32)
- Lost on Location: "Sundown" (4:33)
- Lost on Location: "Dr. Linus" (5:13)
Region 2 and 5 DVD deleted scenes error
An error appeared on a number of units of the UK DVD box, saying that the set includes Season 6 deleted scenes, when in fact it does not. The deleted scenes were never intended to be on the DVD set. The scenes are, however, on the Region B Blu-ray Disc set. Subject to proof of purchase, UK Customers who purchased the UK DVD with the error can request the deleted scenes to be sent to them on an extra disc, free of charge, from the contact details below. This applies to UK customers only. In fact, Russian DVD box (Region 5) does not include deleted scenes as well. There is no information provided on possible Region C Blu-Ray set.
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment
Freepost Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment
3 Queen Caroline Street
+44 (020) 8222 1571
Street Date: August 24, 2010
Feature run-time: 802 minutes
Aspect ratio: 1.78:1
Video: 1080p MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 (48kHz/24-bit)
Languages: English, French
Subtitles: English, Danish, Finnish, French, Icelandic, Norwegian, Spanish, Swedish
SRP: $79.99 U.S.
Aspect ratio: 1.78:1 (Anamorphic Widescreen)
Audio: Dolby Digital 5.1
Languages: English, French
SRP: $59.99 U.S.
(technical specifications may only apply to feature)
- The DVD was released in Region 1 on August 24th, 2010. August 24th is the date of Walt's birthday.
- On the Region B (Europe) Blu-ray Disc release, "LA X, Parts 1 & 2" and "The End" are not split into individual parts as double episodes are for all previous releases. However on the Region 2 DVD release, "LA X, Parts 1 & 2" is split, but "The End" is not.
- Lost: The Complete First Season (DVD)
- Lost: The Complete Second Season (DVD)
- Lost: The Complete Third Season (DVD)
- Lost: The Complete Fourth Season (DVD)
- Lost: The Complete Fifth Season (DVD)
- Lost: The Complete Collection (DVD)
- Information on release
- Press release
- Season 6 DVD at Amazon.com
- Season 6 Blu-ray Disc at Amazon.com
- Season 6 DVD at Amazon.co.uk
- Season 6 Blu-ray Disc at Amazon.co.uk
- Season 6 DVD at Ezydvd.com.au