ABC once again invites new and avid Lost viewers to take another look at one of the most talked about and critically acclaimed shows. "Lost: Past, Present & Future" will explore the series in a way that will bring new viewers up to date–but which current viewers will also find illuminating–in anticipation of the fourth season premiere episode. The special will take an in-depth look at the mysteries of both the Island and its inhabitants and recap the secrets that have been revealed, as well as those that remain unanswered. “LOST: Past, Present & Future” aired Thursday, January 31 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network, and on Sky One on Saturday, February 2 (8-9am GMT) and Sunday, February 3 (6-7pm GMT).
When Oceanic Flight 815 crashed on an island in the middle of the Pacific, each survivor was given a choice to live together or die alone. Thrown together in this mysterious place, they have struggled to overcome shadows from their past in order to survive and answer the questions that plague their new lives on the island. Where are they? Is rescue on its way? What else is on this island? In “LOST: Past, Present & Future,” relive their story of survival to prepare for the shocking season four premiere that will change everything.
The show was based on piecing clips of the show into a time/character relationship manner. It covered all the major storylines, characters, themes, and also skimmed minor issues. The show also explained some of the more complex stories and how they came to be. It is entirely narrated by Michael Emerson.
- This is the only clip show that is available for streaming viewing at ABC's website  as of May 2008. The other pre-premiere episode which was broadcast the previous day, Through the Looking Glass-Enhanced, was also made available for separate streamed viewing.
- Due to the WGA strike, producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse had no involvement in the production of the clip show. 
- One scene at the caves was blown up and cropped to avoid showing Shannon. Other former cast members/characters were not shown either.
- On the first airtime, just before "The Beginning of the End", a countdown at the bottom right of the screen showed the number of minutes to the beginning of the new season of the show.
- ABC Medianet Press Release Bundle (01/14/08): Word Doc/PDF
- Download the episode for free on iTunes: Link