Locke's 4th Theme is used to represent Locke's "special" abilities and his mysterious communion with the Island. It is used prominently in the second half of the series.
Full list of appearances
"Locke's 4th Theme" plays during the following scenes:
- Richard shows young Locke some everyday items and asks if any of them belong to him. ("Cabin Fever")
- Richard takes a bullet out of John's leg. ("Because You Left")
- Ben awakens to an apparently resurrected Locke. ("Dead Is Dead")
- The Man in Black, disguised as Locke, tells Richard what to tell the time-flashing John Locke. ("Follow the Leader")
- The Man in Black (as Locke) tells Richard that he is going to see Jacob to thank him. ("The Incident, Part 1")
- The Smoke Monster transforms into Locke and picks up a machete. ("The Substitute")
- In a Previously on Lost recap, the Man in Black tells Sawyer he doesn't like secrets. Sayid "rescues" Desmond from Widmore. ("Everybody Loves Hugo")
- In a Previously on Lost recap, the Man in Black meets Desmond. He throws him down the well. Jack's group arrives at his camp. ("The Last Recruit")
This cue is a variation on Locke's second theme.
"Follow the Leader" uses this theme. It later develops into the Man in Black's first theme.