Kate's mugshot was discovered by Jack in the jacket pocket of US Marshal Edward Mars, the second day after the crash of Flight 815. Hurley saw it shortly thereafter, becoming the second survivor to learn about Kate's status as a fugitive. ("Tabula Rasa") Jack later returned the mugshot to Kate. ("The Moth")
The photograph indicated that Kate was taken into custody in Pennsylvania by the Harrison Valley Police, and that her prisoner number was 961136. Although she was on the run for killing her father by blowing up his house, it is not known if this was the specific instance that led to her arrest, or whether she was taken into custody by Edward Mars.
This article/section contains information officially created to be part of the Lost mythos
but ultimately rejected. It may be endorsed by ABC, or feature cast members.
- The fax of this mugshot is also shown in greater detail on Oceanic-air.com, as an Easter egg
- Her name is "Kate Dodd" in that screenshot, likely her assumed alias while being captured
- Kate's mugshot is included as a prop in the Jack action figure set
- The mugshot was also used in the America's Most Wanted video, shown at Comic Con 2009
- For fan theories about these unanswered questions, see: Kate's mugshot/Theories
- How did Kate escape custody from the Harrison Valley Police?
- When and why was she in Pennsylvania?