(written from a Production point of view)
|Lostpedia has conducted an interview with Jorge Garcia. To read this interview, please see here.|
Jorge Garcia played the role of Hugo Reyes, more commonly known as Hurley.
His first performance was as the villain in his school's seventh-grade musical production, based on the comic strip Drabble. It was after this that he began to seriously consider acting as a career. Once he completed college, he joined the Beverly Hills Playhouse and has been working steadily as an actor ever since. [source needed]
In February 2010, to coincide with the sixth and final season of Lost, Garcia and girlfriend Bethany James Leigh Shady created Geronimo Jack's Beard: A Lost Podcast and its accompanying blog, which presents the couple's reactions to the episode scripts as delivered to Garcia rather than to the episodes as filmed and broadcast.
- Hawaii Five-0 (2013-present) Jerry Ortega, a conspiracy theorist, who is eventually hired as a consultant by the Five-0 task force.
- Alcatraz (2012) as Dr. Diego “Doc” Soto, a PhD. in Criminal Justice, author of books on Alcatraz and comic book enthusiast
- Fringe (2011) as Kevin the Security Guard
- Lost (2004-2010) as Hugo "Hurley" Reyes
- Higglytown Heroes (2005) as Dog Trainer Hero
- Curb Your Enthusiasm (2004) as Drug Dealer
- Becker (2003-2004) as Hector Lopez
- Columbo: Columbo Likes the Nightlife (2003) as Julius (TV Movie)
- Rock Me, Baby (2003) as Vizzy
- Old School (2003) as Jorge (TV Movie)
- Spin City (2001) as Cabbie
- How I Met Your Mother (2010) as Steve Henry aka "The Blitz"
- Once Upon a Time (2011) as The Giant (from Jack and the Beanstalk) aka Anton
- The Midnight Zone
- Something Borrowed Something Blue
- Romancing Valentino
- Fiddler on the Roof
- Guys and Dolls
- When We Were Pirates (2012) as Jason
- Seymour's Last Rule (2008) as Seymour Holmes
- Sweetzer (2007) as Sergio
- Deck the Halls (2006) as Wallace
- Little Athens (2005) as Pedro
- The Good Humor Man (2005) as Mt. Rushmore
- Our Time Is Up (2004) as Gardener
- Happily Even After (2004) as Chris
- Tales from the Crapper (2004) as Racoon Head
- The Slow and the Cautious (2002) as Teddy
- King of the Open Mic's (2000) as Meatloag
- Tomorrow by Midnight / Midnight 5 (1999) as Jay
- Raven's Ridge (1997) as Monty
- Hitman: Blood Money (2005) as a voiceover
Garcia has appeared as a talk show guest in the following talk shows and other television shows:
- January 17, 2005 - Jimmy Kimmel Live! (S3 E180)
- May 6, 2005 - 20/20 "Lost Special" (S26 E1396)
- May 18, 2005 - Live with Regis and Kelly (S17 E359)
- May 17, 2006 - Late Night with Conan O'Brien (S3 E2228)
- November 10, 2006 - The Late Show with David Letterman (S14 E2689) 
- May 4, 2010 - Jimmy Kimmel Live!
- Source: tv.com
Garcia has been featured as the main topic of the following magazine articles:
- August 8, 2004; September 14, 2005; September 30, 2006: Sunset on the Beach (Season 1-3 premieres)
- June 2005, Official Lost Convention
- Episode 15 of the Official UK Lost Podcast
- October 21, 2006, Lost Panel at the HIFF (Hawaii International Film Festival) Lost Panel, also featuring Jean Higgins, Michael Emerson, and Henry Ian Cusick. 
- October 5, 2006 - TV.com video interview 
- January 13, 2007 - Academy of Television Arts & Sciences - "An Evening with Lost"
- October 25, 2008, HTY Benefit Reading 
- December 13-14, 2008, Honolulu Symphony Youth ConcertPeter and the Wolf narration 
- October 17, 2009 - Hawaii International Film Festival - "An Evening with Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse"
- May 13, 2010 - Lost Live
- Will feature on the cover of Weezer's new album 
Weezer's Album "Hurley"
- Garcia was the first actor to be cast on Lost.[source needed]
- Did a commercial once for the fast-food chain, Jack in the Box.[source needed]
- Appeared as a contestant in a game show called "Russian Roulette". 
- Jorge Garcia auditioned for the part of Hurley, but since the writers hadn't written any lines for the character yet, they had him read some of Sawyers lines. Cite error: Invalid
invalid names, e.g. too many
- When preparing to leave for the airport on May 30, 2010, Jorge's dog Nunu was hit and killed by a car while crossing the street. Cite error: Invalid
invalid names, e.g. too many
- His character in How I Met Your Mother was a direct reference to Lost, with the character being unlucky and saying the numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42 when asked to say randomly.
- Both Garcia and Daniel Dae Kim were reunite themselves in CBS police series Hawaii Five-0.
- Jorge Garcia Q&A Forum at Thefuselage.com
- Dispatches From The Island - Jorge Garcia's personal blog while on Lost
- Further Dispatches - Jorge Garcia's post-Lost personal blog
- Geronimo Jack's Beard - Jorge Garcia's Lost podcast, with his girlfriend Bethany James Leigh Shady
- Biography - at ABC Medianet
- Podcast Interview (September 20, 2006) - Interview with Jorge Garcia and Daniel Dae Kim for The Transmission.
- Honolulu Midweek (October 6, 2006) "Hurley Goes House Hunting" by Yu Shing Ting - article by local media on Garcia's move to Hawaii, relationship breakup, his pet dog, paparazzi, and house-hunting
- Garcia has joined The Dharmalars for two podcasts:
- A 45-minute interview recorded live with Jorge Garcia on the CrankyFanatic podcast in Spring 2007
- List of movies and TV shows that Garcia appears in
- Dutch Lost Interview
- Jorge Garcia Interview At The LOST Convention