- Played a role in Stanley Kubrick's, Full Metal Jacket as Lt. Lockhart.
- Played the title role of Hawk in the 80's fantasy film Hawk the Slayer.
- Played the character of Bob Warner in twelve episodes of the second season of 24.
- Played the character of Slim in Of Mice and Men.
- Is one of the 7 actors to have played James Bond's American contact Felix Leiter in the 9 official films the character has appeared in (including Quantum of Solace). Terry's appearance comes in 1987's The Living Daylights.
- Appeared in Zodiac as Charles Thieriot
- Appeared in The Big Green as Edwin V. Douglas.
- Is often mistakenly assumed to do the announcer's voice (Previously on Lost... at the beginning of the show. Conflicting sources credit the Previously on Lost voice at the beginning to Lloyd Braun  or Carlton Cuse .
- He is one of six actors to gain main character status in the finale of the series, the others being L. Scott Caldwell, Sonya Walger, Fionnula Flanagan, Sam Anderson, and François Chau.
- According to Entertainment Weekly, John Terry's contract for season five included an option to be a series regular for the final season. However, the producers did not pick it up.  He did receive star billing in the finale (the only episode of the season that he appeared in), however he was still not a regular cast member for the rest of the season.
- On "24" he played the father of a woman named Kate who becomes romantically involved with a man named Jack. On "Lost" , he played the father of a man named Jack who becomes romantically involved with a woman named Kate.
- His first name is the same as John Locke's and his last name is the first name of John Locke's actor.
Community content is available under CC BY-NC-ND unless otherwise noted.