A lifetime painter, he is responsible for creating the Hatch Mural, and Thomas' paintings,  as well as sculpting Annie's dolls in "The Man Behind the Curtain". ("Lost: On Location: The Man Behind the Curtain" on Lost: The Complete Third Season (DVD)) All his artwork, including paintings and sculptures, can be seen on his personal site, jackbenderart.com.
Bender has directed the following episodes of Lost:
|Season 1||Season 2||Season 3|
|Season 4||Season 5||Season 6|
Bender is originally from Los Angeles, and studied at the USC School of Theatre. Before working as a director, Bender also worked briefly as an actor. His first directing was in local theater, and later John Houseman started him in his career in television directing. In particular he has directed on Ally McBeal and The Sopranos. 
- Emmy Awards:
- Lost: The Complete First Season (DVD)
- Lost: The Complete Second Season (DVD)
- Lost: The Complete Third Season (DVD)
- The World of the Others
- "Crew Tribute with Evangeline Lilly"
- "Lost in a Day"
- "Lost: On Location"
- Lost: The Answers Are Here
- At the Hawaii International Film Festival in Lost events in 2006 and 2009.
- At the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences' "An Evening with Lost" on January 13, 2007
- At Sunset on the Beach in 2005 (Season 2) and 2006 (Season 3)
- In Lost University/Art 101 Seminar: Inspiration & Expression with Jack Bender
- Bender also did some acting before he was directing episodes of Lost, The Sopranos, and Alias.
- His daughter Sophie Owens-Bender briefly appeared as one of the few female Santa Rosa patients in the episode "Dave". (Source: Season 2 DVD episode commentary)
- In 2006, he directed the opening splash reel for the 2006 Hawaii International Film Festival (HIFF). He chose Dann Seki to star as a Japanese tourist. Seki had previously worked with Bender in "Numbers". Other Lost crew credited with this production include Don King, Michael Rivero, Steven Semel, and Norman Kali. (Reference: Honolulu Advertiser (2006)) YouTube
- Costume designer Roland Sanchez's dog "Lulu", short for "Ms. Honolulu", was originally adopted and taken care of by Bender.
- Bender directed a film entitled The Tempest. Not only is this the name of a Dharma station, it is also the name of a play by William Shakespeare about a mysterious island with magical properties.
- His artwork was featured at the Meltdown Lost event in 2008.
- Jean Higgins - Higgins and Bender the two executive producers who are based in Hawaii with the film crew of Grass Skirt Productions
- ABC Medianet biography
- Yarger Fine Arts Bender bio at yargerfineart.com, and includes reproductions of Bender's Mural, or "Hatch Painting".
- Honolulu Advertiser - February 25, 2007 - New girl on 'Lost' set 'knows all the secrets' - article about Bender's dog Lulu.
- Wizard Entertainment Q&A with Jack Bender on WizardUniverse.com (3/27/07).
- LA Weekly - Bender's paintings and artwork (some of which has been shown in Lost) on display at the Meltdown launch party for the Kubrick action figures.
- http://jackbenderart.com - a recently launched site showcasing Jack's paintings, sculptures, and mixed media