"Giving Up the Ghost" is a orchestral piece from the Season 4 soundtrack. The sad piece, often played on synthesizer, begins with the chord progression i - IV - V and plays during scenes about Hurley's mediumship.
Hurley is shocked and starts to run away, but Charlie calms him. Charlie says Hurley has been avoiding "something" that he has to do. Hurley closes his eyes and counts to five. When he opens his eyes, Charlie is gone.
Full list of appearances
- Hurley sits in the interrogation room. ("The Beginning of the End")
- Hurley tells Jack about his visits from Charlie. ("Something Nice Back Home")
- Jack looks at he bench where Hurley said he sees Charlie. ("Something Nice Back Home")
- Hurley tells Miles about Michael's visit. ("Everybody Loves Hugo")
- Ben talks to Walt in Santa Rosa and tells him that he has "work to do". ("The New Man in Charge")