|Main Article||Theories about|
|Theories may be removed if ...|
See the Lostpedia theory policy for more details.
- The device is a vacuum that collects sufficient amounts of the dead person's remains (old dead skin, etc) into a single concentrated physical location to enable Miles to connect to them. (If there is a buried body, that is enough and the vacuum isn't required. But if the body is missing or cremated, the body matter must be aggregated using such a device.)
- The device emits a hallucinogenic chemical into the air.
- This device is a compact version of whatever powers the island. The spinning mechanism is the same type of thing as the frozen donkey wheel.
- The device emits a high electromagnetic field which enables the ghost of the boy Miles is talking to to be heard more clearly.
- The device is simply a vacuum cleaner or something similar, used to create noise so that Mrs. Gardner wouldn't hear what Miles was talking about with the deceased grandson.
Community content is available under CC BY-NC-ND unless otherwise noted.