|Main Article||Theories about|
|Theories may be removed if ...|
See the Lostpedia theory policy for more details.
- The ancient appearance of the wheel and the room it is located in suggest it may have been constructed by the islands ancient inhabitants, who also built the four toed statue.
- The wheel was actually tethered with donkeys in the ancient pass to move it (hence the holes in the spokes).
- The FDW has to do with Ben waking up in the desert in a parka. He teleported there from a tundra-like climate, just as the polar bear whose bones Charlotte found in the desert did.
- The polar bear in Tunisia (possibly the same spot Ben ended up) could be an indication that DHARMA moved the island in the past, or experimented in the frozen chamber anyway. They could have used the polar bear as a guinea pig to test the properties of the frozen chamber.
- The wheel may actually be the Dharmacakra, a symbol representing Dharma (law) in Hinduism and the Buddha's teaching of the path to enlightenment. It is also sometimes translated as wheel of doctrine or wheel of law.
- The frozen chamber has a rickety ladder and a gas lamp in it. These are not the sorts of things that DHARMA would have put there. Was this chamber used by the Others, or maybe by the crew of the Black Rock in the past?
- The name Frozen Donkey Wheel refers to (obviously) the frozen wheel and that the only people that turn it are Jackasses because they can never return to the island.
Community content is available under CC BY-NC-ND unless otherwise noted.