"Eko of the Past" is an orchestral piece on the Season 3 soundtrack. The brooding ascending minor second followed by a falling minor second, represents particularly the brutish side of Eko's past.
Full list of appearances
- Eko kills the old man. ("The 23rd Psalm")
- Eko tells Locke to take him to the question mark. ("?")
- Eko leaves the Swan station through the Hatch, and sees the quarantine warning. ("Live Together, Die Alone")
- Eko dreams of Yemi than awakens to him. ("The Cost of Living")
- In a Previously on Lost recap, Eko's search party watches the Pearl orientation film. They see Mikhail on the monitors. ("Enter 77")
- Bonnie and Greta capture Charlie. ("Greatest Hits")
- Hurley watches a DHARMA construction worker stamp the serial number on the hatch door. ("Some Like It Hoth")
- Miles tells Dr. Chang that he needs to evacuate everyone off the Island. ("Follow the Leader")
The piece begins with the psychic motif. It ends on its own motif.
The title plays on the phrase "echo of the past." Eko confronts his past in this episode.