|Main Article||Theories about|
|Theories may be removed if ...|
See the Lostpedia theory policy for more details.
- Perhaps the "sickness" he contracted was the Sickness that is present on the Island.
- Libby was never really married, but fantasized that she was married to Hurley, so she provided the name "David."
- Libby's deceased husband David is actually Jessica's husband David from "Confidence Man".
- Perhaps Libby knew that Desmond's middle name is David. If true, then Libby may have lied about having had a husband named David in order to make Desmond think that fate was bringing him a boat
- He is Hurley's imaginary friend Dave. It's possible that when Hurley and Libby were both in Santa Rosa, David came to visit Libby and this is where Hurley saw Dave.
- Maybe after David died, he became Hurley's imaginary friend/conciousness so he could use Hurley to communicate and watch over Libby.
- Libby's husband is David Reyes, Hurley's father.
- Libby's husband was on the balcony that Hurley Collapsed.
Community content is available under CC BY-NC-ND unless otherwise noted.