|Main Article||Theories about|
|Theories may be removed if ...|
See the Lostpedia theory policy for more details.
Is Sawyer the father?
- May be a counter-con by Cassidy to recover the money that Sawyer stole from her -- i.e. either there is no baby, or there is, but Cassidy is currently with the real father.
- Considering that Cassidy pressed charges and Sawyer went to jail for conning her, she probably got the money back that he took from her. Since Cassidy doesn't seem the type for petty revenge, this probably isn't a counter con.
- Cassidy tells Kate that she is pregnant with a con man's child. ("Left Behind")
- Sawyer tells Munson he is on trash duty and has been in the prison for 9 months. He then follows up again stating to Munson in the same scene that the Warden has made life hell for him the past 9 months. This may be significant to confirm that the daughter could be his or that there is a stronger possibility.
- Cassidy appears to have become pregnant with Clementine before she pressed charges, since doing so was Kate's suggestion. Since Sawyer would have to be arrested, arraigned, and tried before going to jail, and that is typically a lengthy process in the US, his time served being nine months seems to be coincidental.
- Furthermore, for Cassidy's pregnancy to coincide with his time in prison, she would have to get pregnant as Sawyer was going to jail, and since she had already been robbed and abandoned by him, and had him arrested, it seems highly unlikely that they would be having a sexual relationship.
- The timing also doesn't work out because Clementine has already been born when Sawyer is released, as shown by Cassidy bringing him the picture of Clementine and Sawyer setting up the account set up in her name, but if the pregnancy was simultaneous with Sawyer's sentence, Clementine would be born as Sawyer was being released, making it pretty impossible for Cassidy to tell him about his daughter prior to his release.
Community content is available under CC BY-NC-ND unless otherwise noted.