The "book club" is an informal group of Others who get together periodically to discuss a book that was selected by the meeting's host.
- Members include: Juliet, Amelia and Adam, and four Others background cast, three of whom which have recurred in later episodes.
- Ben didn't attend at least one meeting hosted by Juliet.
- Adam criticizes Juliet's reading selection, saying that Ben wouldn't even read it in the bathroom.
- In contrast, Ben previously intimated to Locke in "Maternity Leave" that he likes Stephen King, specifically preferring his books to those of Dostoyevsky. This may have been a bit of ironic humor on Ben's part, since the Book Club had been reading a Stephen King novel immediately before witnessing the plane crash, and Ben was interrogated by the Survivors 58 days later.
- Juliet tells Adam that it is her favorite book. Later, when the Others are drawn outside by the mid-air breakup of Oceanic Flight 815, she is still clutching the book.
- Ben was a member, and thought Carrie was depressing. He was apparently kicked out of the club by Juliet after the altercation in his kitchen regarding Ben and Rachel's cancer. ("One of Us")
- It's notable that so many copies of the same book are available on the island. The copies of the book are also various editions with different sleeve artwork.
- If Ben was still in the club, there would be eight members.
Community content is available under CC BY-NC-ND unless otherwise noted.