The Book Club is an informal group of Others who get together periodically to discuss a book that was selected by the meeting's host.
- Members include: Juliet, Amelia and Adam, among others.
- Ben didn't attend at least one meeting hosted by Juliet.
- Adam criticizes Juliet's reading selection, saying that Ben wouldn't even read it in the bathroom.
- In contrast, Ben previously intimated to Locke in Maternity Leave that he likes Stephen King, specifically preferring his books to those of Dostoyevsky. This may have been a bit of ironic humor on Ben's part, since the Book Club had been reading a Stephen King novel immediately before witnessing the plane crash, and Ben was interrogated by the Survivors 58 days later.
- Juliet tells Adam that it is her favorite book. Later, when the Others are drawn outside by the mid-air breakup of Oceanic Flight 815, she is still clutching the book.
Ben and Juliet
- Adam's criticism that Ben would disapprove of Juliet's selection indicates either that Ben is the regular host of the Book Club, or has some personal connection with Juliet such as roommate, boyfriend, husband or brother.
- Adam and Juliet's discussion about Juliet's book choice could be a subtle commentary on Lost itself. During the dialogue, Juliet says; "Here I am, thinking free will still actually exist on-"
- The book Carrie is potentially an allusion to Juliet's character. Perhaps she perceives herself as an outcast, like Carrie, and will get her revenge by assisting or joining the Lostaways.
- The art on the wall looks similar to that in the Staff station.
- Strange Resemblances:
- The man sitting next to the older woman looks vaguely similar to the policeman who released Jack from jail at the end of "A Tale of Two Cities."
- His head shape and hairstyle is also reminiscent of the other who was killed in Live Together, Die Alone.
- The woman sitting to Adam's left looks very similar to Bea Klugh. The IMDb lists April Grace (as Bea Klugh) as appearing in the third season premier.
Community content is available under CC BY-NC-ND unless otherwise noted.