At his home in the Barracks, Benjamin Linus had a number of passports from various countries under different aliases. Amongst the passports were ones for Brazil, Japan, New Zealand, Sweden, and Switzerland. Sayid discovered the passports in a drawer in a hidden closet. ("The Economist") Ben used a Swiss passport to check into a hotel in Tunisia. ("The Shape of Things to Come")
Ben's Swiss passport
- The name on the passport was "Dean Moriarty"
- The passport number was 012153
- The birth date was listed as March 03, 1962
- Place of birth was listed as Zurich
- The date of issue was listed as April 02, 2003
- The expiration date was listed as April 01, 2013
Ben's passports box as seen at Lost: The Auction
There were a few errors on the passport:
- It was not the design of a real Swiss passport
- Swiss passports are printed in 5 languages (de,fe,it,rm,en)
- There was a typo on the date of issue, it should say 02 AVR/APR 03 and not AVR/PR
- The international code for Switzerland is CHE and not SWI
- Instead of "Place of birth" it should read "Place of origin"
Ben's Canadian passport
- Ben used a Canadian passport to check into the hotel in Tunisia.
- This passport also used the name "Dean Moriarty".
Ben's Brazilian passport
- Ben's Brazilian passport had two spelling errors: first, the country name should read BRASIL instead of BRAZIL, and PASSPORT should read PASSAPORTE.
- Dean Moriarty was a character in Jack Kerouac's novel On the Road.
- Dean Moriarty is the name of Alex Russo's boyfriend in Disney's Wizards of Waverly Place 
- Professor Moriarty was the evil genius villain of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's series of Sherlock Holmes novels.
- Arvin Sloane, the main antagonist in J.J. Abrams's Alias, based most of his work out of Zurich.
- Ben's passport ID number is HNSO12153. The same passport ID number is found on Michael's passport.
- For fan theories about these unanswered questions, see: Ben's passports/Theories
- Why does Ben need so many different passports?
- What has Ben used these passports for in the past?
- Why does the passport say Dean Moriarty, not Benjamin Linus?
- Which passports are real?
- Where did he get them?