|Main Article||Theories about
|Theories may be removed if ...|
See the Lostpedia theory policy for more details.
Origin of the Apollo Bar's
- The apollo bar is symbolic of The Source.
- When Sawyer's apollo bar got stuck in the vending machine in the episode "The End", Juliet tells Sawyer that he can unplug it and plug it back in again and its technically legal. This is what Desmond and Jack do with the Heart of the Island.
- They are brain-washing or imagination provoking sweet bar's
- Kate did not seem affected by it.
- They are used to administer a drug or medication
- They are symbols
- Hurley sharing an Apollo Bar with Benjamin Linus could be a symbol reminiscient of sharing / celebrating the Eucharist
- In the encounter between Jack and Jacob they are symbols of faith / truth (not to dissimilar from the 'red' candy / symbol of truth handed to Neo by the Oracle in the Matrix movies)