This article's subject matter is parodical and non-canon in nature (but distinct from hoax and serious fanon material)
This material is generally fan-created, but occasionally from official or commercial sources.
Addicted to Lost is a video of clips of Lost set to Robert Palmer's song and video Addicted to Love that was originally featured by ABC as a one-minute promo during the Super Bowl following the 2005 NFL season. The video was later released as a full, 3-minute version. The promo is official, and endorsed by ABC, although it is considered a parody and therefore Non-Canon.
Short/Promo Version (1:00)
- The video is cleverly edited;
- It opens with a clip of Eko saying "I have something I think you should see".
- It looks like Jack and Locke are watching the video as opposed to an Orientation Film.
- The audio has been modified: instead of "addicted to love", Palmer now appears to sing "addicted to Lost".
- There are numerous clever syncs within the video; audio of "you'd like to think that you're immune to the stuff" synced with clips of the quarantine notice on the station 3 hatch, as well as many others.
- Jack asks Charlie, "How long since your last fix?"
- It closes with a clip of Locke saying "We're going to need to watch that again".