The secondary protocol is a set of DHARMA Initiative operational instructions somehow obtained by Charles Widmore that was used by the the Kahana's mercenary team. The protocol apparently contained information that the mercenaries were able to use to discover the location of Benjamin Linus following the mercenary team's failed assault on the Barracks. ("Cambio delle regole")
On the KahanaModifica
Martin Keamy retrieved the file containing the secondary protocol from inside a safe hidden in a filing cabinet in the captain's stateroom aboard the freighter. The safe required two keys to open; one key was possessed by Keamy and the other by Captain Gault. Keamy took Gault's key by force before opening the safe. Gault claimed that he and Keamy were supposed to open the safe together. Although the content of the Secondary Protocol was never seen nor mentioned, it is assumed that the protocol addressed the Orchid, as Keamy seemed to know where to go immediately after reading the protocol. ("Ricerca febbrile")
It is strongly implied that the information contained in the document refers to future events.
On the IslandModifica
When Daniel Faraday overheard that Keamy was heading to the Orchid station, he became concerned and told Charlotte that Keamy was operating by the secondary protocol and that they would have to get off the Island. ("Casa dolce casa, prima parte")
- The secondary protocol was secured with a technique known as the ""Two-man rule"." This is a control mechanism that is supposed to ensure safety, security, and/or control over something significantly dangerous and/or valuable. The implementation of the two-man rule in this case was exceptionally poor.
- The Two-man rule is used to enforce a key security concept known as separation of duties.
- What did the secondary protocol contain?
- How did a DHARMA Initiative protocol end up in Charles Widmore's possession?
- How does Daniel know about the secondary protocol?
|Equipaggio||Brandon • Capitano Gault • Hendricks • Jeff • Kevin Johnson • Frank Lapidus • George Minkowski • Ray • Regina|
|Squadra scientifica||Naomi Dorrit • Daniel Faraday • Charlotte Lewis • Miles Straume|
|Squadra mercenaria||Martin Keamy • Kocol • Lacour • Mayhew • Omar • Redfern|
|Associated characters||Matthew Abaddon • Charles Widmore|
|Oggetti||Scatola nera • Calendario • Esperimenti di Daniel • Diario di Daniel • Mappa di Daniel • Dead man's trigger • Fotografia di Desmond • Gas masks • Elicottero • Telefono satellitare • Protocollo secondario|